Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bought my wife some peanut butter oreos and a greeting card for the wrong occasion. Congratulation on the engagement! She said yes to happiness, she said yes to love, she said yes to forever. I added "yes to anal" afterwards.

For Christmas she got a Hanukkah card.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe. I mean I came home and she complained nonstop. Then I got pizza,she ate it, and fell asleep in her recliner by 9pm. Then she got angry about something and that was it

I'm aware this is "vent space", but in case you really strongly feel negatively towards her... try to cut her a little slack. Carrying around a mini-human for 9 months is a bitch. And I'm sure the stress it causes her transfers to you, through interactions like you described.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, and it's good prep for when said mini-human goes off to college in 18 years and doesn't call their mother regularly. Then you and the kid will be reminded of those 9 months daily.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm aware this is "vent space", but in case you really strongly feel negatively towards her... try to cut her a little slack. Carrying around a mini-human for 9 months is a bitch. And I'm sure the stress it causes her transfers to you, through interactions like you described.

Yeah noodles wife just needs some slack...

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
In defense of Noodle calling his wife a slug, my girlfriend is 8 months pregnant, still working full time, cleans up and has sex regularly.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I say go the other way and start to sprinkle salt on her while she sleeps.

It'll be a way to work through those feelings without having to fight a pregnant woman.

• 2Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In defense of Noodle calling his wife a slug, my girlfriend is 8 months pregnant, still working full time, cleans up and has sex regularly.

Yeah but you're not married, that's like comparing refried beans and marshmallows

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider

You should definitely propose.

I say go the other way and start to sprinkle salt on her while she sleeps.

It'll be a way to work through those feelings without having to fight a pregnant woman.

I lol'd.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Wanted to mention that I ripped this card off the and gave it to her after our first round of drinks at the bar. Was a good laugh since I had texted her the photo hours earlier.

VszFf78h.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife worked full time delivering mail for the USPS up until lunch time on the day she gave birth.

She's just very naggy lately and driving me insane. I don't care if I don't get laid but it's very low effort. Yes she's carrying a human but it's not like I forced it on her, this is what she wanted

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah noodles wife just needs some slack...

Meh. Women deserve some leeway while pregnant. If you cut my caffeine and booze off for 9 months, made me puke randomly, and I spent 1/2 that time with an awkward weight pressing my insides and fucking up my bodily functions, it would wear on me.

That said, it's not a blanket free pass. One friend of a friend's wife took the opportunity to eat her way to a 70 fucking lb weight gain (!!!!) and act like a mega-cunt, "because pregnant". Then again, she has a pitch black soul and has been & always will be a miserable oxygen thief. She just added obese to the list of awful traits she has.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
It takes a lot of sacrifice to make a marriage work, a lot of compromise with the other person (and them for you.) I really think if you live alone too long you will get too set in not making those compromises, and any compromise will seem like too much, and you'll self-sabotage any relationship on that basis. I got married at ~25 and wouldn't have it any other way; if I had waited until 35 I would not have put up with her bullshit. I think back and think I was young and dumb and would not enter a relationship at my age now.

Yeah, I've been married now for longer than I wasn't, and I tell people who ask - don't get seriously involved with someone you have nothing in common with other than attraction to each other. You end up making decisions where one person is happy and the other isn't and that breeds resentment.

Wife asked me recently, "how long would you wait to get married if I passed away?" I'm eye rolling this shit and she's explaining how the discussion came up at work. She didn't like my diplomatic equivalent of "why the fuck would I ever get married again at my age?"

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I've been married now for longer than I wasn't, and I tell people who ask - don't get seriously involved with someone you have nothing in common with other than attraction to each other. You end up making decisions where one person is happy and the other isn't and that breeds resentment.

Wife asked me recently, "how long would you wait to get married if I passed away?" I'm eye rolling this shit and she's explaining how the discussion came up at work. She didn't like my diplomatic equivalent of "why the fuck would I ever get married again at my age?"

Start checking your drinks for anti-freeze...Sounds like she is considering how long she would wait.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wanted the kid yes

She wasn't like this last time. Or maybe I have PTSD and blocked it out

She wasn't a stay-at-home mom last time either. It's temporary, cut her some slack, and most importantly, discuss it with her. Even if you're not justified in your angst towards her sloth, she still deserves to know that it's angering you. Maybe a good discussion and more importantly some feedback on how she's feeling, can help you understand the overall situation.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I really hope Noodle is just coming here bitching his heart out as a way to vent an anger he doesn't feel is entirely justified.

If you really feel this was Noodleface Noodleface I would suggest thinking seriously about what you've asked her to put her body through. Yes, its something she wanted. Yes, its something she agreed to do. But its taxing, its hard, and maybe you've left the early bitchiness build inside of your head to something it shouldn't be, and now your resentment toward it is simply magnifying the situation.

Try buying her a nice maternity dress (you should goddamn well know her size, and DON'T fucking take her shopping. She will feel like a cow in anything), shower her with affectionate comments when she puts in on. "I didn't know pregnant could be so sexy." type shit.

Then ask her what her craving is that night. You take her to the best place for that type of food you know. You flaunt her around like she is the 20 year old hard body midlife crisis that so many guys are envious of. You make it VERY obvious to everyone that she is yours by your actions. Not aggressive towards others, but in that "I can't believe I landed this one" kind of way. Make her feel like she IS that 20 year old hard body midlife crisis.

You don't go for sex, you don't try to play any kind of sexy time. If sex needs to be addressed? You make a comment like "just wait until you're able again, Babe. I've been dreaming about it."

I fucking George Zimmer guarantee that shit improves.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity