Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. That's some slingblade shit.
Really comes off that weird? Even though ive known the woman and talked to her off and on for 6 or so months. She knows my personality shes and shes certainly asked coworkers about me. And not like we havent talked about other similar political or out there topics before. And when i say I told her she was victim blaming it was not at all in a butthurt or serious tone but a playful light hearted one that did not kill or made the conversation we where having awkward

Its definitely not a topic I would discuss with a woman if I was just barely getting to know her.
Edit: and the other girls comments about wanting a decisive man that picks the date is like a universal truth that I've struggled with too.
Oh I 100% understand that and generally act accordingly. This woman turned out to be a bit farther away(bumble is dumb and doesnt set your location in stone) than I normally talked to so figured it wouldnt be an issue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Dude, that's a red flag even for another guy. If I had been friendly with a dude at work for 6-8 months and was like "this guy seems cool, I should invite him over for a beer or BBQ or something" and then one day he goes "Yeah, so this dude was kind of getting in my face, and I really thought I might just need to pull my concealed gun out and waste him".... Yeah, I would not be inviting that dude over. Even if you were 100% in the right in the situation, you shouldn't tell other people that you are perfectly capable and willing to take someone's life. That's not a thing that makes anyone feel comfortable, and will definitely make people look at you differently.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I tell women when we start dating "I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die". Also bring it up during job interviews. It really cuts out a lot of people that think you are telling them a secret about killing someone. Subscribe for more time saving tips.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Really comes off that weird?
l-intro-1620862721-77218894.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude, that's a red flag even for another guy. If I had been friendly with a dude at work for 6-8 months and was like "this guy seems cool, I should invite him over for a beer or BBQ or something" and then one day he goes "Yeah, so this dude was kind of getting in my face, and I really thought I might just need to pull my concealed gun out and waste him".... Yeah, I would not be inviting that dude over. Even if you were 100% in the right in the situation, you shouldn't tell other people that you are perfectly capable and willing to take someone's life. That's not a thing that makes anyone feel comfortable, and will definitely make people look at you differently.
Red flag for you maybe.

No but seriously at this point I've come to think of BP as being so unbelievably socially inept that when he tells the story it probably comes across as 'im disappointed i didnt get to waste the guy' rather than 'thank god i didnt have to waste the guy'

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No but seriously at this point I've come to think of BP as being so unbelievably socially inept that when he tells the story it probably comes across as 'im disappointed i didnt get to waste the guy' rather than 'thank god i didnt have to waste the guy'
I know better than to describe it as "Oh man i almost got to use my CCW this weekend!".

Irony is ive actually been asked countless times if Ive ever shot or killed someone by coworkers due to my military service. Its really crazy, sometimes theyll just casually ask when we wherent talking about anything military related.

Last edited:

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I know better than to describe it as "Oh man i almost got to use my CCW this weekend!".

Irony is ive actually been asked countless times if Ive ever shot or killed someone by coworkers due to my military service. Its really crazy, sometimes theyll just casually ask when we wherent talking about anything military related.

Lmao, one of my buddies who was in the military and I were in a group training about 6 people at work and one of the trainees asks Vic how many people he's killed. Vic politely declined to answer (hint, it's a lot), then he leaves the room, the rest of the group completely dog piles this guy for asking that completely inappropriate question. Said dude then proceeds to ask me how much money I make, and the entire room dog piles him again.

Then, later that week, he meets HR and asks the gal what she's doing this weekend and suggests he should come out on his boat. I like this dude's style. No filter, fucking hilarious, doesn't care.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Really comes off that weird? Even though ive known the woman and talked to her off and on for 6 or so months. She knows my personality shes and shes certainly asked coworkers about me. And not like we havent talked about other similar political or out there topics before. And when i say I told her she was victim blaming it was not at all in a butthurt or serious tone but a playful light hearted one that did not kill or made the conversation we where having awkward

Its definitely not a topic I would discuss with a woman if I was just barely getting to know her.

Let me put it this way. If that happened to me, I don't think I'd tell anyone the way you described. Not my foh gun bros, not my wife, not my karate buddies, no one. I'd tell people about the guy getting in my face and how I thought I would have to put him down. But not how I was weighing out whether I could shoot him yet. It sounds psycho because you were thinking about it. If you had time to think about it, you clearly didn't feel very threatened. Now, maybe you really were rattled and needed someone to talk to. That's a different story. But that probably shouldn't have been some chick you're not even dating yet.

I would probably have a funny answer ready that would get me in trouble. Like "No because muzzies aren't people" or "Don't have a stateside yet". But it does bring up a point that your story would not have sounded psycho if they ask a direct question "Have you have had to pull your gun".