Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When my wife and I were engage and dating, she used to call me/text me/gchat me all day during work. I had to lay down the law with that one. I told her she was not allowed to call me ever before I get home from work unless it's an emergency or she needed to ask me to pick something up on the way home.

Got that shit cleaned up real quick!
My wife is like yours. Has to call me on the way home when all I want to do is listen to an audiobook or headbang or something. Then comes the "you never have anything to talk about" when I get home.

Guys. I am fucked.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This thread is getting interesting again.

The inherent difference in approach to finances and what equates to "fair and equitable" are the only reason I am not married. I am quite literally not married because of money. Both times I had a relationship get to the point where I was seriously considering proposing we started to talk about the future and our diverging ideas on the money situation ended the relationship.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The money shit was fine before we got married. She's excellent at saving and limiting her spending and we even had a joint account before getting married. Even after she was very good.

It was like as soon as we moved into the house she had to keep up with the Jones'. I don't even know who she's keeping up with, we don't go to anyone elses houses!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I hope it works out for you Noodle, but my gut feeling hearing this shit is that you are pretty much fucked, sorry to say.

She is seriously looking at your online back account for activity to complain about a soda purchase? Even with all the money she had you blow through? If you have to embezzle your own fucking money just to have a few bucks for snacks and shit, holy fuck are you in for it later on. You know why her dad just sleeps through it when her mom does it right? Its because he is surrendered and just does not give a fuck and is waiting to die at this point. What exactly does she intend to sacrifice, monetarily, when you finally do manage to knock her up? I really hope you have that discussion ironed out. Between this shit and the whole her ordering you around like a manservant to get Ikea furniture built thing, I don't see how adding a kid into the mix is going to improve things. Her behavior, with the nest fluffing and the mission to squirt out a kid while treating you like her personal minion, suggests to me that she is more or less following this bullshit storybook plan in her head for how she wants her life to unfold, as opposed to taking a more realistic approach to things. The fact that she appears to be emulating her mother is a major fucking red flag down the road.

If I were in your shoes, I would get this shit straightened out with her before you manage to get her pregnant, because it won't be possible to talk to her rationally at all while she is preggers and once the fuck trophy is out of the chute, you are more or less stuck with the situation as it stands. I know this sounds crazy, but you might want to tap her father for advice on how he deals with it with her mother, because if they have been together this long without a murder happening then some sort of solution must have been reached. Either way, you NEED to sort this out before having a kid, because if she pushes you to the edge just over a new home try and picture what she will be like hopped on hormones and you stressed out over having a child. Sort this out now or hell awaits you down the road.
Yeah the next step is the boredom part, where she gets bored of her life now that shes fulfilled all her storybook in her head and fucks the first alpha she can score, this usually happens about when shes 35-40. Then comes the fights and the divorce and the child support and alimony.

rrr_img_69714.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You dun got fooled Noodlebro. Luckily for me the 2 women I was referring to had no qualms about showing their true colors. The last one moved back to CT and moved in with her parents so she could erase her debt. She spent 8 months at there house rent free and not having to pay for food or anything, she moved in with me, we talked about rent and agreed 350/mo to stay in my 3 bedroom 1100 sq. ft. second floor apartment in the duplex I owned was fair. A month after she moved in she started bitching at me that 350 is too much. I asked her why, thinking she was struggling with car payments and insurance + school loans or something. Nope... "Because I have to pay to live in your house which you're paying for anyway I can't afford to go on vacation with my family". That was the beginning of the end. We broke up a month later.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
You realize you are giving your wife the means to demand communication 24/7, right?

I love my wife and we have an awesome marriage, but fuck is it annoying when we communicate by cell phone. I could have a critical time sensitive question for her and she won't even respond to a fucking text marked urgent. And I know she has to be getting them because I have seen her drop everything she was doing just to reply to some stupid text from her sister. But if she calls me and I don't pick up, suddenly I am some asshole who does not care about her in a standard stock female emotional over reaction.

I guess, I will take that minor crazy over the shit I see in this thread day in and day out, though....
Heh, I hear you man, but actually it's me who rarely answers the phone because I don't carry it with me. She knows I'll call back though.

I guess we both grew up when phone usage was a luxury, not an automatic communication device.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Onoes, out of curiosity, did the ex wife start cutting off access to the pussy around the same time you started cutting back her access to money?
Nope, it had slowed down a few years before that. When we first met, really probably the first 3 years of marriage, she wanted sex every day, it was always very traditional sex, and all about her, but she wanted it all the time at least. When she got pregnant with my second son is when sex stopped. He's about to turn 4, so about 4 and a half years ago, while the separate bank accounts only happened 2 and a half years ago.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
My wife is like yours. Has to call me on the way home when all I want to do is listen to an audiobook or headbang or something. Then comes the "you never have anything to talk about" when I get home.

Guys. I am fucked.
You need to have a big, BIG talk with her and soon. Tell her everything that is unacceptable, and listen to her list, then make compromises you both can live with. Dude, I can't stress this enough, TALK to her BEFORE that baby comes.

Having that talk is going to suck massive dick, but it beats getting that divorce three years down the road and that 2.5x more money you make than her doesn't mean jack shit anymore.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So she put out missionary only until she cranked out the second kid?

So basically in her mind she was done putting out for you because.....

rrr_img_69716.jpg

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You dun got fooled Noodlebro. Luckily for me the 2 women I was referring to had no qualms about showing their true colors. The last one moved back to CT and moved in with her parents so she could erase her debt. She spent 8 months at there house rent free and not having to pay for food or anything, she moved in with me, we talked about rent and agreed 350/mo to stay in my 3 bedroom 1100 sq. ft. second floor apartment in the duplex I owned was fair. A month after she moved in she started bitching at me that 350 is too much. I asked her why, thinking she was struggling with car payments and insurance + school loans or something. Nope... "Because I have to pay to live in your house which you're paying for anyway I can't afford to go on vacation with my family". That was the beginning of the end. We broke up a month later.
I have this argument with the current GF, but I think I've already posted about it before. I can't stand the "well you'd be paying for the mortgage without me anyways". Right, and if you weren't with me, you'd be paying for your own mortgage. Instead, you now get to spend your money on expensive clothing instead. You make 50K a year yet get to live like someone making 150K. It's like any generosity that you provide that doesn't require sacrifice "doesn't count".

P.S: $350/month for rent is dirt cheap. That was near charity bro.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
When my wife and I were engage and dating, she used to call me/text me/gchat me all day during work. I had to lay down the law with that one. I told her she was not allowed to call me ever before I get home from work unless it's an emergency or she needed to ask me to pick something up on the way home.

Got that shit cleaned up real quick!
It's funny because I was just thinking about this. Texting is so easy, and I feel like I'm good at it (aka smooth), but I'm wondering if its hurting me in the long run. With the crazy girl it was non stop, 24/7 texting. Even when I was asleep, I would wake up to 18 missed texts every day. At the time, I was JUST getting divorced, and super thrilled to be fucking, and I didn't care at all. It was positive attention, and I loved it.

I haven't mentioned it here, because nothing is going to come of it, but another girl from highschool, who was kind of a sex buddy situation thing for a couple months, found me on Facebook and started talking to me. She lives like 1,500 miles away, so other than a one time thing or whatever, I know it's just a "for fun" thing. Well, we started talking about a month and a half ago, and it was really nice to have girl banter, back and forth flirting again. I ended up talking to her, well, Facebook messaging, for 3 straight hours. Next night it was 5. By the second night she is telling me how she's never been with anyone who compared to me, and that I'm basically her fantasy. One of her lines was "I can still remember how your cum taste's, sometimes I suck on my fingers while I masterbate and imagine its you."

So yeah, obviously I've been enjoying talking to her. Well, we end up text masterbating together, and it was fun enough, but also kind of a pain (hard to relax and really get into it when you are typing, reading, and trying to help the other person out as well), and that seemed to signify the change. The next day she's texting me at all hours. I'm happy, she's apparently happy, I don't think much of it. But... it never stops. Sometimes I respond, but sometimes I don't, because, you know, at work.

I tell her I can't really keep up with her via texts, and maybe I can just give her a call at night or something? She's very hesitant, but agrees. I call her that night, and its pretty much a trainwreck. She's super shy and barely talking. When she does talk its usually stuff like "Why aren't you saying nice things about me? You're always so flattering in text, but all you've been doing is talking about yourself." Um... you aren't talking, so I'm trying to start some kind of conversation. Anyway, we still talk for about 2 hours but its not enjoyable.

The next day she says she thinks we should go back to texting because she's too nervous to talk to me on the phone, and I'm so much more lovey over texts. I say sure, but just don't expect me to really respond until night.

Couple of weeks go by and she's kind of gotten nagging and guilt trippy about me not paying enough attention to her. Most of the time when I get a text from her anymore I just kind of sigh before even looking at it, knowing it's going to be some not so subtle "I miss you, what happened, do you hate me?" stuff, and I'm kind of over the part where I feel obligated to tell her how great everything is every day, and what a fantastic person she is or whatever.

So, Friday before last, 10 days ago I guess, I had a big long 2 hour convo with her about how I want to scale our communication back, and stay friends, but just know that I really can't devote hours of my day to her anymore. She didn't take it super well, crying and the like, but I tried very hard to let her down as easy as possible, and kept reassuring her everythings fine, I'm just busy. So, since then, she has initiated texts with me twice, and both times started with something like "I know I'm not supposed to be talking to you or whatever, and I''ll go back to being silent in a minute, but wanted to let you know about whatever..." and basically was just sharing news or whatever, an excuse to talk, but by starting it like that I'm immediately annoyed. If she just sent a "Guess what! I just got picked for whatever!" I would have talked and it all would have been fine, but her attempt at guilt tripping me like that is really stupid.

After the second time I told her that. I answered and talked to her like normal for 10 minutes, and then as the conversation was ending I told her that if she wants to keep the "us being cool friends" aspect open she needs to stop trying to make me feel bad when we talk. She got a little pissy and responded she didn't know what she was supposed to do, apparently everything she does is wrong, she's in trouble for talking to me and now apparently for mentioning not talking to me, she's sorry, she has a headache, goodbye.

That was last Thursday and she hasn't written since.

So, not the most exciting story, but its what I've been up to, and the point of it was, I'm thinking that in the future I'm just going to tell people I don't really like texting or talking on the phone a lot, so go in knowing that.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not to mention texting crazy bitches might end up in the texts being shown off publicly to demonstrate what a dick you supposedly are.

You know, kind of like what we have been doing a lot of in this thread....

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Throughout the whole "buying a car" fiasco, and all of these insane exploits, I've been very open and honest, and made sure to include anything from me. If its a shallow thing to say then so be it, but I don't think I am a dick or a jerk. I tend to treat people better than I am treated, and better than I see people treat each other. All of that is from my rose colored glasses I'm sure, but I don't believe there is anything I've said or done that would bother me if posted. I'm not saying there isn't anything that wouldn't embarrass me, as despite my best efforts, thats a hard thing to overcome.

But as far as being asshole, I don't think anything could be further from the truth. I would even argue that it seems to me a lot of my problem is just how accepting I am, and how much shit I put up with. When it gets to a point where I have to say "I'm sorry, you're lovely, but this isn't working out." I think its an unexpected shock for them. Had I been a dickhead from the start, I do feel like I would put up with less, and me ending it would be better accepted as they had reservations to begin with.

So if anything, being an asshole seems to make the man's life easier in general all the time, and easier for the woman to get over after a break up.

So, it's too bad I'm not?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wasn't passing judgment on anyone relating texts in this thread. God knows we are all here to laugh at each other's misfortunes by reading that gossipy shit. I was more trying to make the point that anything you put in a text is likely public fodder for your ex to wave around later, like we kind of do here. Anyone who discusses the perils of old school cyber in the modern era is not trying to make themselves look good, LOL.

I mainly just want to point out that women love to save shit like that and use it to do damage by letting it out publicly at the worst possible moment or to justify their crazy to their friends. I would be really careful about anything I put in a text because of that.

Oldbased

> Than U
Jesus Christ, you all were the same fuckers who gave me advice for my crazy no sex, controlling no money lady?
Holy shit we are all fucked.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Let's echo that, we are all fucked.

BTW I take all advice here to heart. I haven't followed all of it (don't get married) but I definitely appreciate and consider all.