Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Cold doesn't bother me....snow however can go fuck itself. After spending the greater part of my childhood in Michigans lake effect region and routinely having 5 feet of snow on the ground every winter I've had more than my fill of it. Storms of 2 feet or more in a day or two weren't uncommon.

I get that large snow falls in metropolitan areas is a pain in the ass due to removal but it's hard for me to sympathize with those in it, that much snow on the east coast right now was a normal occurrence for me.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha not sure what you're trying to prove I guess. They told us we couldn't drive today so we didn't. As long as I can work home I will, rather not risk my life

I already got in the first car accident of my life last week when some cunt rear ended me because she was "waving at someone". I don't want to drive next to those people in one of the top 5 blizzards of all time for my state.
Please, continue with this story.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Cold doesn't bother me...
You deserve a new avatar.
frozen_wide.jpg

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You deserve a new avatar.
frozen_wide.jpg
LoL. The day my oldest son was born the windchills were pushing -80 and when it can go 3 weeks without getting above 0 degrees you pretty much just do your best to ignore whats going on outside and stay inside as much as you can.

Given the cold here and the snow back home, I'd rather have the cold.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Dude, it doesn't even get to -80 in fucking Antarctica. I'd believe -60F but -80F is completely unbelievable.

EDIT: I was right about you being full of shit but I'm surprised it has actually gotten that cold in North America in Alaska and the Yukon Territory.

U.S. state temperature extremes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is where you go "Oh, I didn't realize you said windchills"

Embarrass MN has some of the coldest temps on record in the continental US. It sucks. in 1996 it was -60 actual, windchills were much worse.

Then in the summer it reaches over 100 with 90%+ humidity.

In short, don't come to Minnesota.

But please, continue to tell me how it is where I live. *nod*

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well it doesn't say but I'd venture a guess that is the temperatures with wind chill. And I know a thing or two about really fucking cold places having spent 5 years in Potsdam NY.

But I'll eat my words if you can prove it!!! Temps like that should have recorded proof in local papers at least.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Lowest windchill on record in MN is depending on which formula you use is between -74 and -100 (there are two formulas both of which are used here by different agencies.) I see you mentioned Antarctica...in the winter sometimes our lows beat out even Antarctica.

On the opposite side of that, the record high was in 1999 with an air temperature of 97 degrees teamed with an 84 degree dew point to create a heat index value of 125 degrees.

I'm not bragging, I'm warning people. Stay away from Minnesota.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Only braggarts use wind chill values, which are generally meaningless.
Does saying it has the title as "ice box of the nation" (International Falls) because it's the coldest place in the continental United States help I guess? (though Fraser, Colorado comes close, I-Falls was officially given the title) Also windchill is the single determining factor here is schools get canceled.

-shrug-

Also at -50 windchills you can blow bubbles and have them freeze in mid air and pick them up off the ground...so that's neat at least.

Again, it's way to cold here in the winter and way to hot here in the summer. It's stupid.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Windchill is the perceived temperature on exposed skin. At very cold temperature, it's a pretty dumb value because you really don't have much exposed skin. An actual -80 is something else entirely than a -80 which had windchill factored in. Not to mention there's different ways to math windchill, which adds another layer of pointless to the number.