Marvel Heroes 20xx

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, finally got enough splinters for a random and got Hulk. Not sure how I feel about that yet. With torch I've been mainly doing midtown early then move to xdef once I get past the 'midpoint' of the level range. Anyone play hulk have any opinion on him?

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Well, finally got enough splinters for a random and got Hulk. Not sure how I feel about that yet. With torch I've been mainly doing midtown early then move to xdef once I get past the 'midpoint' of the level range. Anyone play hulk have any opinion on him?
He's REALLY fun once you get his jumping AEs. Until then he's sortof bland, but after that he's a blast. Hopping all over like a really angry frog.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Eh, the drops are still better than anywhere else for time spent. It's still the best place to gear a fresh 60 and doop's being random can actually help. I've had 3 doop waves by 15 in some of em, that end chest can drop some pretty good stuff if you get far enough too.
You're just flat-out wrong about this. The loot from the reward chest is mostly greens/blues/purples pre-20 (and not great even after that, honestly), and if I'm giving up 14 guaranteed Doops, it needs to be guaranteed to give some pretty goddamn good loot, and expecting your average pug Xdef to get into the higher waves to make that happen is unrealistic.

The idea behind it is okay (although I never had a huge problem with leavers in Xdef), but the implementation is horrid.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is the end chest as good as an entire wave of doops? No. Is them taking away guaranteed doops as bad as you make it sound? No. It's still fairly easy to gear a 60 and X-Def is still the best option for doing that. I have my complaints about the loot system (mainly how secretive gaz is about the whole damn thing, every other ARPG has item databases and known loot tables, and you don't have to guess about how SIF and RIF battle each other in said loot tables) but it's really easy to gear up so I don't mind all that much.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Is the end chest as good as an entire wave of doops? No.
Considering that it's replacing 2 or more guaranteed Doop waves, it sure as hell SHOULD be as good as at least one entire wave of Doops. It's a straight-up loot nerf in its current form, in a game that already was way too stingy with its loot.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
how is this game way to stingy with its loot? they cant just hand you a full unique set.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
Considering that it's replacing 2 or more guaranteed Doop waves, it sure as hell SHOULD be as good as at least one entire wave of Doops. It's a straight-up loot nerf in its current form, in a game that already was way too stingy with its loot.
I think there's a lot of the same feeling on that end loot chest. I know when I pug it's hard to get past wave 10 let alone 20. Although I've been pretty fortunate leveling cable to 50 for his second synergy and getting unique drops, not so much when leveling Iron man last night..and the SIF/RIF has been pretty much the same for both....hi RNG! I'm sure that they'll be tuning that chest pretty soon.I did a holo sim with Iron for the first time since they introduced it and tuned it....it took way too much time for the reward, I feel like if 2 people can get to wave 20 with having to fight up to 5 bosses in some waves the loot should be way better than what it is right now. But as far as XP/Loot...seems like Xdef is still the place to be...(other than grinding LQ's for xp) I think it was in the patch notes where they said uniques for players over 30 and under 60 drop more often...(I may not be 100% accurate) This is why I chose to start leveling in XDef, with increased SIF/RIF in each wave the chances of finding a unique/artifact is way better than power leveling in LQ's, then having to grind XDef at 60 for uniques. I got a ton of Uniques at lower levels it seems, and I can always upgrade them when I hit 60 with my toons.

If you aren't posting on their forums with feedback, I'd suggest you do. At least they are listening and tuning on a weekly if not daily basis sometimes.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is the end chest as good as an entire wave of doops? No. Is them taking away guaranteed doops as bad as you make it sound? No. It's still fairly easy to gear a 60 and X-Def is still the best option for doing that. I have my complaints about the loot system (mainly how secretive gaz is about the whole damn thing, every other ARPG has item databases and known loot tables, and you don't have to guess about how SIF and RIF battle each other in said loot tables) but it's really easy to gear up so I don't mind all that much.
From what I can gather each item is a ticket that passes through a series of rif/sif checks before it becomes an item. Basically its like this:

Kill a mob and generate a ticket. First check: Is the item normal or special?

Check: If fail, drop as white equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: If fail, drop as green equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: If fail, drop as blue equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: If fail, drop as purple equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: If fail, drop as cosmic equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: Is the unique for active hero, other hero, or is it an any-hero.

Im not certain if the details are entirely correct, but that's more or less whats going on. Obviously the higher your item find, the better your chances are on each check.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
From what I can gather each item is a ticket that passes through a series of rif/sif checks before it becomes an item. Basically its like this:

Kill a mob and generate a ticket. First check: Is the item normal or special?

Check: If fail, drop as white equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: If fail, drop as green equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: If fail, drop as blue equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: If fail, drop as purple equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: If fail, drop as cosmic equivalent; if pass, continue.
Check: Is the unique for active hero, other hero, or is it an any-hero.

Im not certain if the details are entirely correct, but that's more or less whats going on. Obviously the higher your item find, the better your chances are on each check.
According to the latest dev post that's not how it works at all.

First it rolls and checks to see if that roll is over the special item "threshold"
If it is the item has a chance to be special, if not it cannot be special
Then it rolls to see if the item will indeed be a special item
If it isn't a special item the following happens:
It rolls to see which slot the item is for
Then it rolls for rarity if that slot has varying rarity (slot 1-5, ring, insignia)

Because of this it appears based on a very large amount of anecdotal evidence that as your SIF and RIF climb you can actually "squeeze out" your chances at getting uniques because the chance for a slot 1-5 item is falling as your RIF and SIF get higher.

The problem is we don't know if this is exactly how it works, all we know from the latest dev post is that special and regular items share drop slots, so an item can only be one or the other, raise your SIF too high and you won't be getting anything but special items.

They have no reason to be as secretive as they are about how loot works in this game, no other ARPG on the market is even close to as nebulous. Makes me think they know their system is shit and people will stop buying boosts if they release information. Think about it, if the system was plain as day and it was apparent how much SIF and RIF help loot drops why would people stop spending money on boosts? They wouldn't, they would buy more if you ask me. Their loot system and lack of an item database is the worst part of the game and really the only thing worth complaining about.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I finally got my unique katanas for Deadpool and lost all motivation to play the game. They were my white whale. With that dead a fully decked out DP in uniques is far and away the best character I have at the moment.

Tenks

I'm not sure of one but they added so much I can see how jumping into the game could be confusing at the moment. If you load it up and have questions I'm sure anyone here could answer the question.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just making sure there wasn't some magical sequence of things you had to do when you started up for free premium currency or whatever the fuck.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
No, but if you have the patience to do it, you should go through the story with at least one character. You get some free boosts, retcon devices, etc.

Tenks

No I don't believe there are any sign-up incentives. You select your starter hero and you get 200(?) Eternity Splinters via completion of the story the first go around. You can use those 200 spliters to buy a new random hero for 175 Splinters.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the best starter hero? I've browsed the thread from time to time and seen a lot of positive buzz for Storm.

Tenks

Storm or Colossus are probably the two best. Storm is straight forward and somewhat boring to play. Colossus isn't very button intensive but he's a little bit more hands-on than Storm. Colossus has had his 52 rework and Storm has not. 52 rework basically means the hero was given a design pass. So they gain a "Signature" ability at 30 and their ultimate at 52. Non reworked characters lack a signature and get their ultimate at 30.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah. Storm is arguably one of the strongest characters right now, but she's boooooring. I couldn't get into Colossus either, myself.

What are the other options? I don't even know these days.