Marvel Heroes 20xx

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
...What are the other options? I don't even know these days.
Ms Marvel, Loki (different paths you can take and be viable), Nightcrawler (very active gameplay, but squishy), Deadpool (all around good; jack of all trades), Scarlet Witch (crucial to a successful Xdef), Daredevil (his rework really fixed him).

Gambit is decent after his rework, his melee-tree being much more superior. There is a very active rang build out there that focuses on mobility during fights.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
What's the best starter hero? I've browsed the thread from time to time and seen a lot of positive buzz for Storm.
I don't know how he stacks up against others but I picked Captain America from the freebies and soloed a cosmic terminal right after hitting 60 last night.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I went with Storm for now. Found a body armor that gives me level 2 of the freezing winds power, so I don't even have to attack most of the time, just run around the levels as everything dies.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
ah yes, Storm-mode (tm). Unfortunately not possible in most other heroes. I tried levelling cyclops after her and died twice in the first 4 levels, he's painful until he gets his ping-pong beam.
Basic levelling I would do story mode until you finish chapter 9, just for the extras that you get. In addition to various artifacts, potions etc you get 3 skill points extra. At level 25 you can jump to heroic mode and go through the story chapters again and get another 3 skill points, then at 45 you can do it again in superheroic mode.
Most people though go down the legendaries route. At level 20 you unlock them which asks you to do a specific task - kill moleman and 100 moloids for instance, which then gets you massive amounts of xp's and some odin marks. Get 300 of those and you get a legendary weapon which helps a lot when you hit 60. This is by far the quickest way of levelling at the moment.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I haven't played all the starter heroes but of the 9 this what I know:

Don't see many Luke Cage's assuming he's fairly weak
Punisher is very weak
Captain America seems OK and I've seen some geared CA's do some impressive damage
Black Panther is terrible
Black Widow is very weak
Human Torch is viable
Colossus is viable
Storm is one of the strongest heroes in the game
Hawkeye can put out some crazy damage with the right gear/build.

I would choose from Human Torch, Colossus, Storm or Hawkeye as my first character. Storm actually isn't as boring as people claim when you get her to 60, she has a rotation that you can maximize and can build offensively because she's ranged and has a lot of passive damage and DoT skills/components. She just does a ton of AE and single target damage and her Ult is one of (if not the best) in the game.

Because of the way X-Def works it doesn't really matter all that much who you choose, you will be able to gear up any character. Cosmic farming is really only meant for cosmic rings and perhaps farming the rare artifacts certain bosses drop like Gem of the Kursed and Hand of Doom.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Black Panther is quite possibly the worst character in the game right now. IT's a shame because I'd love to main him. I hope his rework is good.

Khane

ah yes, Storm-mode (tm). Unfortunately not possible in most other heroes. I tried levelling cyclops after her and died twice in the first 4 levels, he's painful until he gets his ping-pong beam.
Basic levelling I would do story mode until you finish chapter 9, just for the extras that you get. In addition to various artifacts, potions etc you get 3 skill points extra. At level 25 you can jump to heroic mode and go through the story chapters again and get another 3 skill points, then at 45 you can do it again in superheroic mode.
Most people though go down the legendaries route. At level 20 you unlock them which asks you to do a specific task - kill moleman and 100 moloids for instance, which then gets you massive amounts of xp's and some odin marks. Get 300 of those and you get a legendary weapon which helps a lot when you hit 60. This is by far the quickest way of levelling at the moment.
You actually get 4 power points in story mode for each difficulty.

1 for beating hood in chapter 2, 1 for kingpin in chapter 4, 1 for completing science station quests in chapter 7 and one for travelling to odin's palace and talking to Heimdall in chapter 9

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
According to the latest dev post that's not how it works at all.
Yeah, this sounds correct. I was replying from memory. Probably shoulda double checked it before posting.

Phoenix has a pretty effective damage aura as well; Phoenix Corona. She's not a starter though.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
How do I make my Captain America less squishy? I'm doing the usual build on him, but it still seems like I'm eating medpacks like candy. Or do I just go the other direction and go for more offense to kill stuff before it kills him?

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you high enough level to use airborne assault yet? And if you are referring to max level gearing, get some dodge rating.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
AA stuns everything for a decent period of time. It is a great opener that does a ton of damage. Once the stun wears off you can use indestructible shield to reduce the remaining damage.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
Told ya they'd buff the XDef chests
smile.png

X-Defense Changes

X-Defense escalation reward chests (the chest you receive when you finish the game mode) will now drop improved loot in later waves, scaling up more sharply as more waves are cleared. The goal is to have the final reward chest have a large percentage of the total reward of the mode, so people leaving early is not worthwhile and staying until the end is greatly rewarded. We'll continue to iterate on this philosophy and shift more of the total loot into the final chest if needed.

Legendary Quests are removed from X-Defense to help ensure player don't stay for their Legendary Quest and then AFK or leave the mode, hurting the rest of the players in the mode.

Increased chance of Doop waves in X-Defense, especially later waves.

Khane

Welp, guess I'll be spending a lot of time in X-Def this weekend.

We should get some rerolled split cosmic runs going sometime. I've got a pretty geared Ms. Marvel that can clear all bounties relatively quickly.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Torch is the very definition of a glass cannon but can do insane aoe damage. Like the xdef changes, haven't been able to play much lately I'm leaning to finish up torch before starting hulk.