Marvel Heroes 20xx

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I just ricochet blasted him to 50 in a few hours. I'm getting 50 with Ms Marvel now, she's currently 49. Then doing Iron Man who I dont enjoy to 25 for the + to range damage. AND THEN I'm leveling RR to 60. He was my first found character from back in the day and I fucking love him.
What's wrong with ironman? He's a boss once you have his skills unlocked. He's really spammy though.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
They need to hurry the fuck up with this legendary quest sharing. Really puts a fucking bummer on the game playing with friends without it.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I don't know. He feels clunky. I really want to give him a proper go but I just don't enjoy him.
I feel the same, but I just got done leveling Storm and was spoiled by being able to kill every mob on the screen simply by walking forward. I ransomed a second Captain American and want to get the token out of my inventory but he is arduous. He can hit like a truck but sucks at taking hits, at least at 47, he got his 52 review, I thought I could quit at 30
frown.png

Cap burned me out. I hate that I have to wait for the shield to return before I can use my bread and butter attack, it bounces at random and can move at variable speeds some of which are mindbogglingly slow. I decided to drop $15 on a Final Fantasy XIV intervention. It's not terrible. I played it when it was terrible and it gets bonus points for not being a horrid piece of shit anymore, because it really used to be that bad.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I agree with you on captain america, I can't believe they reworked this guy into what he is now. He has like 1 viable build and having to wait until your shield comes back while everyone else just spams their bouncing attacks is a huge bummer.

Ghost rider is amazing though. I feel like a total badass with him, they nailed that character. Burn the treads has to be one of the coolest skills in the game.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ms Marvel is ridiculous. I got her to level 60 and have all shit gear outside of her flight suit. I went mostly high defensive stats on gear because a friend of mine has a decently equipped glass cannon storm. I can face tank 95% of all cosmic terminals with taunt and her damage mitigation skills and still do mediocre damage while he just rips shit up from a safe distance. Did a couple MODOK and Doom cosmics. Got a hand of doom. Guess I'm pretty lucky there.

But goddamn she is ridiculous and fun to play too.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Ms Marvel is ridiculous. I got her to level 60 and have all shit gear outside of her flight suit. I went mostly high defensive stats on gear because a friend of mine has a decently equipped glass cannon storm. I can face tank 95% of all cosmic terminals with taunt and her damage mitigation skills and still do mediocre damage while he just rips shit up from a safe distance. Did a couple MODOK and Doom cosmics. Got a hand of doom. Guess I'm pretty lucky there.

But goddamn she is ridiculous and fun to play too.
I agree! I have numerous 60s and she is by far my favorite. I am leveling my Hawkeye now, seems fun so far, much better than my 60 Cable who reminds me of WoW in the fact that I have a gazillion different button rotations to maximize DPS.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree! I have numerous 60s and she is by far my favorite. I am leveling my Hawkeye now, seems fun so far, much better than my 60 Cable who reminds me of WoW in the fact that I have a gazillion different button rotations to maximize DPS.
enjoy the bugged stark turret.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Started playing this again due to watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix. Anywho I had played Scarlet Witch up to 31 a long time ago but when I logged on I was overwhelmed by abilities and so decided to punt and try a different hero from scratch.

I had Hawkeye unlocked and so have been playing him the last few days, at low levels he seems crazy powerful and all I ever do is shoot Serated Arrow and Explosive Arrow. Just hit level 20 and started looking at all the various vendors of shard items and misc what not and was kinda overwhelmed by all the whosiwhatsit cosmis etc stuff and listening in on the general chat did not help at all.

I guess I'll just follow the levelling up quests for now and not worry about it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Legendary quests(unlocked at level 20) are the easiest way to level up. There is a lot of little things on the side that I wouldn't worry about right away and a lot of it (like cosmic terminals) are for when you're 60.

When I started back up around Christmas I felt overwhelmed, but it isn't as bad as it seems.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started playing this again due to watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix. Anywho I had played Scarlet Witch up to 31 a long time ago but when I logged on I was overwhelmed by abilities and so decided to punt and try a different hero from scratch.

I had Hawkeye unlocked and so have been playing him the last few days, at low levels he seems crazy powerful and all I ever do is shoot Serated Arrow and Explosive Arrow. Just hit level 20 and started looking at all the various vendors of shard items and misc what not and was kinda overwhelmed by all the whosiwhatsit cosmis etc stuff and listening in on the general chat did not help at all.

I guess I'll just follow the levelling up quests for now and not worry about it.
there are a lot of vendors, few of them are actually useful. the gear/weapon vendors sell stuff thats so much lower level than you are that they are useless. theres one vendor whos only purpose is to remind you a cash shop exists.

The 4 important vendors off the top of my head are the Legendary item vendor in Asgard, you dont have to worry about him until later, the splinter vendor where you get new heroes, the crafter who should be your first vendor you level up by donating items and the enchanter for runewords but again you dont really have to worry about this yet.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Well I started playing on Thursday. Picked Captain America. Finished the normal mode story at 28 on Friday. Now been doing legendary and cube missions and just logged him out at 40. Leveling and play style are better than Diablo 3 IMO. Really liking it for twitch play so far. Got about 350 shards so thinking about Thor for my next hero, but being the leveler that I am will want to get Capt to 60 first.

Hopefully this will hold my interest for a few months.

Khane

Ok, so when I was playing Punisher I saw a video on basic comboing, and now that I've got Ms Marvel I've seen a guide on how to do it with her as well. Basically they say to hold down one basic and tap another basic every second or so. The video shows a drastic increase in atk speed and DPS doing this, but I can't seem to get it to work. Was it patched and no longer possible or am I just doing it wrong?

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
That sounds like it works via animation cancelling, and if so then yeah they have squashed that from the game. Think the last hero to have it fixed was Nightcrawler with Blink Strike, could rapidly cast it to avoid getting hit.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I'm having a lot of fun with this game having just started playing. I picked Storm because I wanted a support character not really knowing what builds to go for one way or the other. With one piece of gear she has winds that radiate out and freeze enemies to where all I have to do is move around the map to kill things. I'm level 10 or so and I haven't even spent any skill points yet.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Wow, Black Panther is fucking awful right now. I would LOVE to main him but he's quite literally the weakest character I own at the moment. I can't even bring myself to run him four more levels to get an extra melee damage synergy.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm having a lot of fun with this game having just started playing. I picked Storm because I wanted a support character not really knowing what builds to go for one way or the other. With one piece of gear she has winds that radiate out and freeze enemies to where all I have to do is move around the map to kill things. I'm level 10 or so and I haven't even spent any skill points yet.
Yeah she is really good and fairly easy to play. That ability is one of those abilities you want to max.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've decided to give this another shot after playing at the end of beta and shortly into release and not liking the game at all. I think my old account has a level 1_ Scarlet Witch and that's about it. Should I create a new one instead, since there's a better (or at least bigger) selection of starter heroes now? I don't really intend to spend any money on it unless I get a character to 60 and really like what I've seen along the way, so a starter hero will have to do.

I'm leaning towards Storm based on what I've read here. I don't like ability overload in ARPGs, and don't really care if my first hero is overpowered. IIRC she's in both new and old account starter lists, so I'm wondering if that should influence my decision on whether to start a new account or not.

Khane

I'd start a new account, I'm not sure how it would effect your existing account but the first time you go through the story there are two quests that give 100 Eternity Splinters each (they are the in game currency used to purchase heroes and costumes among other things). Storm is very, very powerful right now. One of the most powerful heroes available. Hawkeye and Colossus also seem strong though I've not played either of them. Human Torch just had his revamp. The rest of the starting cast is mostly meh.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Anybody found a way to change the email address associated with an account? The email address I'd been using to subscribe to this has been overrun by hacking attempts and I gave up on using it after I got tired of changing my password every few days.