Marvel Universe stuff

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
That's only cool if they bring in the TV properties as well because really all they are adding is the Guardians.

Also there is some leaked photos of some pre order toys for the movie that have Ant-man listed as Giant Man for Civil War.
I saw a lego set with Giant Man. Same suit as ant-man, just bigger, which makes sense.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
While obviously not limited to the MCU the guys over at Collider have a pretty decent weekly YouTube show,Collider Heroes. They also have Collider Jedi Council for your Star Wars fix and a daily Movie Talk show which, given the number of movies on the slate, regularly deals with the comic book film properties.

Royal

The Russo Brothers talked about working on CA:WS, Civil War, and Infinity Wars after a recent IMAX showing of Winter Soldier. There isn't really any hard info on Civil War or Infinity Wars in it but some of the discussion of the cooperation between Marvel and Sony was interesting and it's a good watch if the craft of movie making is of interest to you. Unfortunately they gave the impression that no matter how badly Sony runs the F4 off of the rails we won't be seeing them getting Marvel into the loop anytime soon.

Royal

Opps, yeah Fox. The relationship between Fox and Marvel is pretty icy apparently.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Icy doesn't even begin to describe it. Marvel is so pissed at Fox they're basically cutting off their nose to spite their face. They're basically phasing mutants out across the board in favor of inhumans.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Icy doesn't even begin to describe it. Marvel is so pissed at Fox they're basically cutting off their nose to spite their face. They're basically phasing mutants out across the board in favor of inhumans.
That's partly true I'm sure, but they started phasing out mutants a decade ago when they realized how stupidly pervasive they had made them throughout their entire universe.

Royal

I understand his mistake. Both studios are owned by money grabbing assholes.
They actually mentioned that, saying it's unfortunate that the people in the decision making positions with the studios are really just numbers guys and they have no real attachment to the properties and the creative space they can offer guys like themselves.

Their involvement with Marvel was a factor in the Spidey deal since they also had an existing production deal with Sony.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've always thought F4 are stupid, so I don't miss them and don't care that Marvel doesn't have them. I care about the peripheral characters more like Dr. Doom and Galactus (?).

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just found out Taskmaster rights went back back to marvel so he cant be in a deadpool sequel =(

Brad2770

But he can be in an Avengers movie
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I've been pondering, and based on the whole 'hes my friend i was your friend too' bit from the Civil War trailer before TFA, I think Tony finds out Bucky killed his parents. That's the only reason I can think of for Tony to be so personally invested in bringing Bucky in that he would fight Cap over it.

Fadaar

That guy
Have they explicitly stated that yet or is it just something from the comics that's going to be in the movie (assumed to be in the movie at least)?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well Zola pretty much flat out says Hydra is responsible for the Starks being killed during his monologue in Cap 2, and it's entirely likely that Bucky was the operative they used to carry it out. But no, it hasn't been explicitly stated.

The only other reason I can think of for Stark to get personally invested in bringing Bucky in is if Bucky is the one responsible for War Machine getting completely trashed like we see in one of the trailers.

Column_sl

shitlord
So they are claiming yesterday that the Netflix characters may be recast for Infinity War.

I hope that is not true because that is just stupid.

If they wanted to make the Netflix universe separate then they should be in there own continuity much like Marvel does in the comics.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Or just not include them. Doubt the universe will end if Jessica Jones doesn't get drunk with Ironman and Thor. The average movie goers don't even watch SHIELD, all they care about are the main guys/gals.

Eonan

Doer of Things
So they are claiming yesterday that the Netflix characters may be recast for Infinity War.

I hope that is not true because that is just stupid.

If they wanted to make the Netflix universe separate then they should be in there own continuity much like Marvel does in the comics.
I've never understood this be it with Marvel or DC related TV/Internet Shows. You build up these characters for the audience who follows this stuff, then just toss it all to the side when it comes to the movie universe? Personally I want two separate continuities: one for comics, and one for live action (TV/Movies). When I see reports like that I immediately think that some jackass at Marvel Studios thinks that they can cast a better Daredevil than Charlie Cox, or a better Luke Cage than Mike Colter, both of whom I feel were cast perfectly for the roles.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I agree, but I think the reason we can't have nice things is then eventually they all want to be paid like Downey Jr.

In the end I think it all comes down to budget and salaries.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's why they should be casting them because those actors come cheap, and Disney is famous for hiring actors that they don't have to pay much.

Pretty much everyone of the original actors that wasn't Downey Jr got terrible wages for that first set of movies.

Just any FYI this rumor is stemming from a conversation with Charlie Cox about his inclusion in Infinity War.

Or just not include them. Doubt the universe will end if Jessica Jones doesn't get drunk with Ironman and Thor. The average movie goers don't even watch SHIELD, all they care about are the main guys/gals.
Ultimately , I think that is what will happen. If they don't include the Defenders then it a shame, but most people will probly not care.