Marvel Universe stuff

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Donald Glover would be an Amazing Spider-Man.
Oh you...

Anyway, I would be perfectly happy with introducing spider-man in a 2 minute conversation. Hey team, this is spider-man, he's here to help! Then he can do the good guy version of joker. Hey! Want to know how I got these web shooters?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I'd like a just out of college Peter, with him working at the Bugle.
Isn't spiderman's involvement in Civil War because he was working for Stark's company and sided with his boss? Would be a good way to introduce him, Stark meets a new employee for some reason and it's Parker and then Things Happen

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
It's not official yet but essentially they are going "reboot" him again without actually telling another origin story. How they do that, no one knows.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Who the fuck doesn't know Spiderman's origin at this point? How many people that will actually go to a Spiderman movie will end up saying "Whoa who the fuck is this spiderguy and where did he get those powers?!?" if there is no origin story? It's a complete waste of screen time.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My god hell just froze over.
Yeah, I honestly thought there was almost no way this happened at any reasonable level. Sony is going to want a major cut of any profits from movies Spider-Man is in, and it doesn't really seem possible that his addition will add *that* many more millions to the gross to make it worth it for Marvel, but perhaps Marvel/Disney felt it was enough to start the ball rolling for other similar deals with Fox.

Either way, it is a great day for the fans, particularly those of us that hated Garfield.

I bet all of those actors from ASM2 that thought they were getting a big payday from future SM movies are pretty bummed right now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When this was all still rumors there was already a story that if Marvel got it there would be no origin story. We'll meet Peter already living as Spidey.

Whatever, as long as fucking John Ralphio Spidey is gone.

amazing-spider-man-movie-image-andrew-garfield-399x600.jpg

Look at that fucking guy...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
At this point all they would have to do is something like they did in Dark Knight . Opening scene is some villain doing some bad shit, whatever, in spideys hometown thats integral to the main villans plot. Spider man is then introduced fighting the villans and therefore introduced into the MCU.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
No, that's terrible. You still have to build a character.
You can build his character without retelling a story that literally everybody already knows. It's completely unnecessary. They can introduce him by smash cutting to him swinging through New York, chasing some assholes and then beating the shit out of them while throwing some quips around and absolutely no one is going to be upset that they didn't get see a radioactive spider bite him again.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As for the Miles Morales stuff, they specifically said "This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to takePeter Parker's storyinto the future."

So still no Childish Gambino Spidey.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You can build his character without retelling a story that literally everybody already knows. It's completely unnecessary. They can introduce him by smash cutting to him swinging through New York, chasing some assholes and then beating the shit out of them while throwing some quips around and absolutely no one is going to be upset that they didn't get see a radioactive spider bite him again.
Yes, what you'd want to do is tell a new story around a character that already has his power or develops in some other way, but he still needs an introduction beyond "hey I'm spiderman and I'm here".

What might be great is if we get Parker getting bitten as an after-credits scene in one of their upcoming films.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Spidermans character is well built now. Its not like anyone does not know who the fuck spiderman is and what he is about. I wonder if Gwen stacey will come along so we can still lave a love story
biggrin.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes, what you'd want to do is tell a new story around a character that already has his power or develops in some other way, but he still needs an introduction beyond "hey I'm spiderman and I'm here".

What might be great is if we get Parker getting bitten as an after-credits scene in one of their upcoming films.
Picture major villan battle in NY. The avengers are all there batteling the said villain. Mid fight spiderman swoops in and saves Black Widow which is about to be killed. This is all you need for an introduction.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Picture major villan battle in NY. The avengers are all there batteling the said villain. Mid fight spiderman swoops in and saves Black Widow which is about to be killed. This is all you need for an introduction.
Pretty much this. What I call a, "Fuck Ya" moment. Sure the press release was quoted as the chick from Sony saying Peter Parker the way Miles has been gaining traction / popularity with kids, it almost seems like a no brainer. Does the avengers really need another white dude? Time to shake that shit up.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
If Andrew Garfield won't be Spidey going forward then should Marvel sit on their casting announcement. When Civil War airs, we get the infamous secret identity reveal of an infamous New York Superhero, Spider-man. He takes his mask off and bam, casting choice revealed, IN THE MOVIE.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If Andrew Garfield won't be Spidey going forward then should Marvel sit on their casting announcement. When Civil War airs, we get the infamous secret identity reveal of an infamous New York Superhero, Spider-man. He takes his mask off and bam, casting choice revealed, IN THE MOVIE.
That'd be awesome.