Marvel Universe stuff

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Bro. Chukzombi Chukzombi get your shit together man.

Day 3? And this is the first I'm hearing about it.

gal gadot help GIF

Chris

Potato del Grande
The hundred millions budget movies must be a scam. There is no sane reason for them to cost that much, especially when some of them are just in green screen studios.

Money must be being siphoned off somewhere and my bet is on the CGI.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

gal gadot help GIF

huh, oh, they arent doing Kangz anymore so i dont care what happens to him. even if they stuck with Kangz, that would be serious lolz because everyone already thinks he's guilty . Disney is fucked and they possibly helped cover up one of these allegations in London.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

gal gadot help GIF

I had my doubts at first but now I think he's completely fucked. His lawyers played footage of him assaulting her to try and refute specific claims she made about the assault itself and there is a text from the previous year where he twists himself into knots to avoid admitting he hit her to which she responded

"I will tell the doctor that I bumped my head. If I go I'm going to give it one more day. But I can't sleep and I need some stronger painkillers. Why would I tell them what really happened when it's clear I want to be with you."

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I had my doubts at first but now I think he's completely fucked. His lawyers played footage of him assaulting her to try and refute specific claims she made about the assault itself and there is a text from the previous year where he twists himself into knots to avoid admitting he hit her to which she responded
Uh....his lawyers played footage of him beating on her? In what universe do they think this will work?

lol

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh....his lawyers played footage of him beating on her?
The exact word from the articles was 'shoving'. Either way showing video of your client putting hands on his girlfriend when he's on trial for putting hands on his girlfriend seems like an iffy move, maybe they thought the video would be shown to the jury anyway so it less damaging if they aired it instead of letting the prosecution control the framing of it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how accurate it is. Seems pretty accurate though

Screenshot_2023-12-09-00-14-56-51_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In text messages between Jonathan Majors and accuser Grace Jabbari, the Marvel actor appears to admit to physical violence against his now-ex — six months before Majors was arrested in March and charged with assault in a separate domestic violence case.

“I fear you have no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital,” Majors, 34, texted Jabbari, 30, in September 2022. “They will ask you questions, and as I don’t think you actually protect us, it could lead to an investigation even if you do lie, and they suspect something.”
In that message, Majors also stated “it’s just fake" — but based on the messages put into evidence, it was not clear what he was calling "fake" and no context was provided in court.
In the text messages — displayed to the jury and read into the record by Jabbari on her fourth and final day on the stand on Friday — Jabbari appears to assure Majors that she would not blame him for allegedly causing an injury to her head.

“I will tell the doctor I bumped my head,” Jabbari cried as she read aloud the message in court.

Then unable to continue through her tears, Assistant District Attorney Kelli Galaway took over: “I will tell the doctor I bumped my head if I go. I’m going to give it one more day, but I can’t sleep and I need some stronger pain killers. That’s all: why would I tell them what really happened when it’s clear I want to be with you?"
In those September 2022 text messages, Majors had responded to Jabbari, threatening suicide if his then-girlfriend went to the hospital for her injured head.

“Last night I considered killing myself versus coming home,” Majors wrote to Jabbari, adding: “I need love too. Or maybe I’m such a monster and horrible man, I don't deserve it. And I should just kill myself. In this way, my existence is miserable, I want to die.”

Jabbari — who in court was turned in the direction of the projected text messages — had responded: “I will not go to the doctor if you don’t feel safe with me doing so, or don’t trust me to. I promise you I would never mention you but understand your fear.”

Telling her that she could not reject his love and admonishing her for not hugging him after the alleged fight, Majors noted by text: “I will probably kill myself, it’s not really contemplating anymore.” He added: “I’m a monster, a horrible man, not capable of love. I’m killing myself soon.”

“Jonathan, you can't say this I’m going to have to tell someone,” Jabbari responded by text, noting her perceived error in not hugging him.

As the text messages were read aloud to the jury, Majors — seated at the defense table in a black suit and white collared shirt — kept his head down, hands in his lap, his binder of notes shut.

When the prosecutor finished reading the messages, the actor looked briefly at the jury.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would not tout hollywood accounting numbers as some exact loss eaten by the company, could be more could be less. We will never have insight into merchandise either which could zero out or make the losses worse. We know they won't be making more sequels to that crap so they will have to ruin different characters and franchises instead.

Workers and other companies still got paid so the economy of movie making is doing fine. But some execs and writers deserve to be fired.

• 1Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
never trust hollywood numbers. remember the lord of the rings movies despite record breaking sales "lost money"

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure why you guys are having issues with it when it clearly says "Theatrical Losses" and that it's only talking about budget and global box office.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In text messages between Jonathan Majors and accuser Grace Jabbari, the Marvel actor appears to admit to physical violence against his now-ex — six months before Majors was arrested in March and charged with assault in a separate domestic violence case.

“I fear you have no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital,” Majors, 34, texted Jabbari, 30, in September 2022. “They will ask you questions, and as I don’t think you actually protect us, it could lead to an investigation even if you do lie, and they suspect something.”
In that message, Majors also stated “it’s just fake" — but based on the messages put into evidence, it was not clear what he was calling "fake" and no context was provided in court.
In the text messages — displayed to the jury and read into the record by Jabbari on her fourth and final day on the stand on Friday — Jabbari appears to assure Majors that she would not blame him for allegedly causing an injury to her head.

“I will tell the doctor I bumped my head,” Jabbari cried as she read aloud the message in court.

Then unable to continue through her tears, Assistant District Attorney Kelli Galaway took over: “I will tell the doctor I bumped my head if I go. I’m going to give it one more day, but I can’t sleep and I need some stronger pain killers. That’s all: why would I tell them what really happened when it’s clear I want to be with you?"
In those September 2022 text messages, Majors had responded to Jabbari, threatening suicide if his then-girlfriend went to the hospital for her injured head.

“Last night I considered killing myself versus coming home,” Majors wrote to Jabbari, adding: “I need love too. Or maybe I’m such a monster and horrible man, I don't deserve it. And I should just kill myself. In this way, my existence is miserable, I want to die.”

Jabbari — who in court was turned in the direction of the projected text messages — had responded: “I will not go to the doctor if you don’t feel safe with me doing so, or don’t trust me to. I promise you I would never mention you but understand your fear.”

Telling her that she could not reject his love and admonishing her for not hugging him after the alleged fight, Majors noted by text: “I will probably kill myself, it’s not really contemplating anymore.” He added: “I’m a monster, a horrible man, not capable of love. I’m killing myself soon.”

“Jonathan, you can't say this I’m going to have to tell someone,” Jabbari responded by text, noting her perceived error in not hugging him.

As the text messages were read aloud to the jury, Majors — seated at the defense table in a black suit and white collared shirt — kept his head down, hands in his lap, his binder of notes shut.

When the prosecutor finished reading the messages, the actor looked briefly at the jury.

He's cooked.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not sure how accurate it is. Seems pretty accurate though

View attachment 503640
It's full of so much conjecture. They're using some hypothetical worst case multiplier and not any actual data besides reported budget and actual grosses -- it's not like they know the actual cut of grosses either. I'd bet GOTG3 made more profit than $28M.

Don't get me wrong, most were failures, but I don't think it's accurate.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's full of so much conjecture. They're using some hypothetical worst case multiplier and not any actual data besides reported budget and actual grosses -- it's not like they know the actual cut of grosses either. I'd bet GOTG3 made more profit than $28M.

Don't get me wrong, most were failures, but I don't think it's accurate.
using the same budgets these other MCU/Disney movies use. 300-400 production and marketing. the movie made 845m total. the movie gets back half of that.
i mean how much could it have made? if it did only cost 300m. then they made some money. but if its the full 400m? shit maybe it it is only 28m

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
using the same budgets these other MCU/Disney movies use. 300-400 production and marketing. the movie made 845m total. the movie gets back half of that.
i mean how much could it have made? if it did only cost 300m. then they made some money. but if its the full 400m? shit maybe it it is only 28m
Production budget was reported as $250 million. The ballpark figure multipliers that get used as a general guideline is based off production budget, not production and marketing.

The fact they're reporting an exact value to the dollar is immediately indicative of a dubious claim. No one but Disney has that information. You can't get a more precise outcome from a less precise input.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Workers and other companies still got paid so the economy of movie making is doing fine. But some execs and writers deserve to be fired.
You could replace all the execs and writers from randomly chosen people off the street and end up with a better team.

The craziest part is that no one is going to lose their job for making movies that lose giant sums of money.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Deadline will release numbers eventually which includes things like home rentals and streaming licenses. The advantage they have is they know more about the cuts the movie theaters take Disney takes more then others. First link shows while Avatar 2 cost over a billion it made back 1.6 when you factor in home purchases, rental, and streaming. "Participations" are back end for directors and actors in contracts, RDJ made a fortune with them in Iron Man, AFAIK only Cameron got em for Avatar so that $300 million was his salary.

Example:

1702157898138.png

1702157915627.png

They release em per movie though outside of April at times when they have the info

Last edited:
  • 2Like