Marvel's Daredevil

Caliane

haha. eps6. "I don't speak Japanese."
I don't have an exhaustive knowledge of DD... but this seems bizarrely out of character, for a guy.. trained by a ninja, fights ninjas, is a ninja, dating a ninja.. as a blind guy, who primarily gets around in the world via sound, and thus you would think, have need of greater communication skills. And as a lawyer same deal.. languages would be a very useful skill.
Maybe hes just bullshitting Elektra.. but that also would be weird.

Did this come up in season 1?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
This is a question about the first episode and sorry if it's already been asked. When the Irish gangsters are having a meeting, the boss is talking about a traitor in their midst and right before they're gunned down, he's about to crack that bottle over the head of the older bald dude who I assumed worked for Fisk at one point. Did that guy ever make an appaerance in season 1?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
haha. eps6. "I don't speak Japanese."
I don't have an exhaustive knowledge of DD... but this seems bizarrely out of character, for a guy.. trained by a ninja, fights ninjas, is a ninja, dating a ninja.. as a blind guy, who primarily gets around in the world via sound, and thus you would think, have need of greater communication skills. And as a lawyer same deal.. languages would be a very useful skill.
Maybe hes just bullshitting Elektra.. but that also would be weird.

Did this come up in season 1?
What? What does him using sound in order to see have to do with learning Japanese? You're also equating people knowing martial arts with speaking Japanese. I'll admit I've never been to Japan but I don't think that's how it works

Malkav

French Madman
Wait, just realized one thing.

Did they actually give us an explanation for the big fucking hole the Hand was excavating in the building they got from Fisk, or did they gloss completely over that?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Finished, I would rate 8ish...not bad season.

Normal lazy silly stuff: DD beats cops to every spot running on foot, Not one person thinks to camp out Castle house, All the ninjas wait to die in order, etc.

But it was worth the binge watching.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Three episodes in, holy shit as others have said--Punisher show please. By far, by far the most interesting character and story in either season. Every time he was on screen was amazing. Daredevil/Murdoch is okay--foggy and the secretary are awful.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was a really good season and don't really have any complaints other people have brought up. It felt good all around

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Did they actually give us an explanation for the big fucking hole the Hand was excavating in the building they got from Fisk, or did they gloss completely over that?
There was a lot of stuff they just left empty. Anything to do with the Hand was just a hollow reason to get Elektra and Daredevil on screen together which is really why that story arc was terrible from start to finish. Punisher was the only good thing about this season and even that was mostly tainted by the Paige girl. All in all I would put this season on the same level as Jessica Jones and thats not a very high grade. Netflix/Marvel series are 1 for 3 for me and I hope they stop. These are by far the worst thing Marvel is putting out right now.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Just finished binge watching it, and yeah i'd also compare this to Jessica Jones, but I don't have such a negative view of it that Byr does.

Both JJ and DD S2 are made, not by the star but by the supporting cast. For JJ that's Killgrave, he made that show. For S2 of DD it's Punisher. Both shows dragged when it wasn't about those characters. Both shows had annoying blondes doing stupid investigation shit on their own, and other annoying supporting cast.

My theory is that they wrote S2 about the hand and all the ninja/elektra/black sky shit and found they had a lackluster season in store. Then they got permission to use the Punisher, and some writers went off and wrote an entire season about him and his intro/backstory/character arc and it was amazing. But instead of just using the punisher draft they felt they needed to add a bunch of ninja/mysticism shit to the backdrop of the setting to justify the eventual iron fist which will appear in the same setting, so they couldn't entirely scrap original storyline and instead weaved it together all frankensteinish and this was the result

Caliane

yeah. Finished now. As others stated the "B" plot with Punisher and fisk totally stole the show.
Hand stuff "could" have been good, but way too much time was spent on punisher to allow it to be. And, not enough explanations of wtf the Hand is doing or why.

not really no. the final shot, with Electra's body, and the casket to be lowered into the giant hole, says we aren't done with it. (seriously, they didn't think, to secure her body at all?) Foggy mentioned, the abandoned rail lines. Matt said "its got to be 40 stories at least" which sounds crazy, and the time it took for the the flash light to hit, made it seems crazy deep... but thats only 40ft or so.
mta.info | Facts and Figures
Deepest station: 191 St 1 Line icon in Manhattan, 180 feet below street level.
40 ft, not that remarkable really.

Free fall with air resistance (time and velocity) Calculator - High accuracy calculation
10ounce flash light would take about 3.7s to fall 40ft.

Either way, likely, we are talking about something that was buried intentionally, in the subway lines. not something that was there before the city was. this is important, to note, as it will likely be something people put there. As opposed to Japanese gods/demons being inexplicably under New York city.
the Mysticism being brought up very specifically. The Hand are a demon cult, who are in allegiance to the Beast, a demon of chaos and murder, whose blood they infuse in themselves to gain strength, and limited immortality. Hence Nubo. Black sky is something new. but, likely directly related to Beast possession.

And then, we have the Jessica jones cross overs. Luke cage may have some. But, the big one will possibly be Iron Fist. The dragon might be down there. And they will tie the two together a bit

Either that or its a Lazarus pit.

Edit. wow. derped on math there. Must leave for posterity.
40 stories is 400 ft. not 40. that is very deep. disregard speculation.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
We are on ep12. I have no idea why this season is being trashed by the critics like it is. This season is one of the best superhero seasons ever.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just finished it. I give it a 9/10. The final episode, some things bothered me. Was it the Punisher show? Yes, but so what.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Whaaaat? That's almost criminal! That guy fucking crushed it so hard the role is bleeding out in an alley right now.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The problem we have is Netflix. If they are adamant about only having 1-2 Marvel shows a year that seriously hampers what and when we will get stuff. Right now Defenders is contractually set to show sometime in 2017. Which is means that we have Luke Cage, then Iron Fist or Jessica Jones Season 2 early 2017, and then Defenders late 2017. I assume that they will go with Iron Fist before JJ2. So that means we have JJ2 early 2018 then either a Daredevil S3 or Punisher in late 2018.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Would rather have Punisher than Iron Fist. I don't get the love for Iron Fist.

Anyway, I just finished this tonight. In my opinion this season could be the best season of a superhero show ever. Some of the stuff with The Hand was lost in the shuffle but overall it was far above my expectations.