Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how many folks work(ed) for these idiots and are just getting so bad(good) at scapegoating they let it out in their forum based life.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well at least I got $30 back trading this piece of shit back in. I feel bad for any moron that buys my copy and I feel bad for keeping my pre order on this piece of shit. Never again EA, never again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khalid

Unelected Mod
I wonder how many folks work(ed) for these idiots and are just getting so bad(good) at scapegoating they let it out in their forum based life.

Or we could just have a different opinion than you about a game. Either/or.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, I get others can have opinions and all. I usually see eye to eye with you on yours which is why you not thinking this game is a pile of dung through and through without any redeeming qualities, I would ask if you have played Nier, Zelda, horizon, or shit... even Pong lately.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Having beaten this and messing around with MP, there are things about this game that amaze me in the magnitude of fail.

First, you can tell the money was running out at the end. The last planet, if you even can call it one, is one giant moon patrol level with a bunch of ME1 murderdomes. It is smaller than the intro planet, sparser, and has far less to do. Then, right before the end of the game, they send you on a bunch of dumb "go to planet X to talk about my fee fees" quests which is made even more aggravating by the fact that the last half of the game has you sitting there watching loading screens because it sends you back and forth constantly. And the final boss fight is some of the most phoned in shit I have ever seen. It is a ring event from EQ1 Luclin era design. No new enemies (just an Architect who is unkillable in this instance), just Mario platforming to get to tons of DA2 style endless spans until the game decides its bored enough to let you push the I Win button, repeated three times. No, I am serious, it literally is a Mario game in that you repeat the same shit three times to win.

Second, the research points are so slow that unless you know exactly what weapons are worth a shit (and what armor fits your build), you get fucked in the end game. The crafting system is so poorly designed that by the end of the game the Reasearch is the only bottleneck by light years. I ended with more credits than I could use and enough raw materials to fabricate every weapon I owned a dozen times over, but there was only enough research to max out one set of armor and roughly three or four weapons. And on the subject of weapons, let me save you some time for single player: Dhal, Asari Sword, Hurricane, PAW with Lightning for Remnants, and Valiant. All of those (except the soon to be nerfed Valiant) are dog shit tier in Multiplayer, hilariously enough.

Finally, the multiplayer is good enough to depress you for what it might have been had the main game not sucked so much. Weapon balance is shit right now (Scorpion, Equalizer, Valiant, fuck everything else except maybe the Falcon and Pirana) but that is fixable. Powers are mostly crap, outside of passives, which is also adjustable. The progression rate is way to grindy, which is also adjustable. Whats not easily fixed is the off host hit detection which makes sniping with anything other than the Valiant nigh impossible and bugs most of the already underpowered powers way too frequently. Its fun to play, if you build a short ranged face tanker, but the maps are too congested (along with the other issues I meantioned) to facilitate any other playstyle beyond the Vanguard charge spam (which is already getting nerfed). Despite this, it IS fun, but the balance needs work so that its not just hordes of bullet sponge enemies while you are armed with a crappy pea shooter. Fun fact, the most OP build right now is the Asari Adept, but not because of her ranged powers but because they managed to put all of the most powerful mele passives into the class along with lots of shield regains, making it the supreme mele puncher. So much potential, but its a balance mess right now.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Or we could just have a different opinion than you about a game. Either/or.

Didn't we just have two pages of people calling those of us who hate this game trolls, Taliban, and butthurt? Now it's just a difference of opinion? Interesting.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Well at least I got $30 back trading this piece of shit back in. I feel bad for any moron that buys my copy and I feel bad for keeping my pre order on this piece of shit. Never again EA, never again.

i feel like a grown up this year, for cancelling two of my pre orders: Nintendo Switch and Mass Effect Andromeda. Anytime before this year I would have kept this just because I want to believe(tm) but No Man's Sky last year finally killed that part of me.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
i feel like a grown up this year, for cancelling two of my pre orders: Nintendo Switch and Mass Effect Andromeda. Anytime before this year I would have kept this just because I want to believe(tm) but No Man's Sky last year finally killed that part of me.
I would have absolutely have cancelled Andromeda but I unwisely preordered it in a best buy package with a $25 off deal and waited too long to cancel it.

Then I decided to waste 24 hours of my life on it to give it a proper chance. /sigh

khalid

Unelected Mod
Didn't we just have two pages of people calling those of us who hate this game trolls, Taliban, and butthurt? Now it's just a difference of opinion? Interesting.

If someone dislikes the game, fine, hell I dislike a lot of it. That would be a difference of opinion.

However, that isn't what people were discussing the last two pages as far as trolling goes. Accusing everyone that even simply likes parts of the game a shill (Khorum) or pondering whether we just might work for Bioware (Utnayan) isn't a difference of opinion.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If someone dislikes the game, fine, hell I dislike a lot of it. That would be a difference of opinion.

However, that isn't what people were discussing the last two pages as far as trolling goes. Accusing everyone that even simply likes parts of the game a shill (Khorum) or pondering whether we just might work for Bioware (Utnayan) isn't a difference of opinion.

Shutup shill.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Thanks to promos and trade-in value being $36 (for my Amazon copy they made me keep when they refunded it) plus the PSN promo when I pre-ordered it and Persona 5, you could say my digital copy was free. [Last PSN promo was $25 back on $100, right spronk?]

But since Daez was calling me out on "defending ME:A" just for an update - with another new game on my plate that's time consuming, had zero impulse to go back and finish up the trophies for it. I'm sure I will eventually but it's so back burner compared to playing something more fun. Hopefully it's a bit funner whenever I get back around to finishing the plat.

Vaclav

So you aren't defending it but you're going to go back to plat it. Gotcha.

I eventually plat everything... or at least plan to.... been slacking but used to have a 98% completion rate on my PSN. =p

Do note that some of those "planned plats" I've not touched in over a year though - I backburner stuff for ages sometimes.

(Wife also goofed mine some - we switched systems and she played some of her stuff on mine for a bit... probably never fixing those)

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I eventually plat everything... or at least plan to.... been slacking but used to have a 98% completion rate on my PSN. =p

Do note that some of those "planned plats" I've not touched in over a year though - I backburner stuff for ages sometimes.
Is your other screen name Sean?

Vaclav

Is your other screen name Sean?

Nope, some similar gaming habits though - but as far as I'm aware plat'ing stuff isn't his deal. His profile on PSN seems to reinforce that too - 28 plats with 204 games (Sean), 56 plats with 124 games (me)

So I've platted close to half, he's closer to 15%.

There's other platinum'ers around however - I think Vorph might be one, Regime is another (although he's more picky on games than I).

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's some quality OCD. I've played Uncharted 2 so many times and still haven't bothered going for the platinum trophy. Guess the bug just never bit me.

Vaclav

That's some quality OCD. I've played Uncharted 2 so many times and still haven't bothered going for the platinum trophy. Guess the bug just never bit me.

There's zero doubt I'm OCD - I've got many, many OCD traits.

• 1Salty