Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've platted one game, and the only achievements im missing from ME2 are the two from the Overlord DLC that I don't own.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh. I don't even think I've gotten all the achievements on one game. Have to go back through my Steam library and look.

Well, besides TellTale. There its kind'a hard not to.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've platted one game, and the only achievements im missing from ME2 are the two from the Overlord DLC that I don't own.

Heh, this conversation made me actually look at my list for stuff to finish, I'm shocked that I'm still missing a few ME2/3 ones. (Apparently I never bothered trophying ME3 DLC - and ME2 I missed the timed thing for Arrival)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Heh, this conversation made me actually look at my list for stuff to finish, I'm shocked that I'm still missing a few ME2/3 ones. (Apparently I never bothered trophying ME3 DLC - and ME2 I missed the timed thing for Arrival)
You are literally worse than Hitler.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Having beaten this and messing around with MP, there are things about this game that amaze me in the magnitude of fail.

First, you can tell the money was running out at the end. The last planet, if you even can call it one, is one giant moon patrol level with a bunch of ME1 murderdomes. It is smaller than the intro planet, sparser, and has far less to do. Then, right before the end of the game, they send you on a bunch of dumb "go to planet X to talk about my fee fees" quests which is made even more aggravating by the fact that the last half of the game has you sitting there watching loading screens because it sends you back and forth constantly. And the final boss fight is some of the most phoned in shit I have ever seen. It is a ring event from EQ1 Luclin era design. No new enemies (just an Architect who is unkillable in this instance), just Mario platforming to get to tons of DA2 style endless spans until the game decides its bored enough to let you push the I Win button, repeated three times. No, I am serious, it literally is a Mario game in that you repeat the same shit three times to win.

Second, the research points are so slow that unless you know exactly what weapons are worth a shit (and what armor fits your build), you get fucked in the end game. The crafting system is so poorly designed that by the end of the game the Reasearch is the only bottleneck by light years. I ended with more credits than I could use and enough raw materials to fabricate every weapon I owned a dozen times over, but there was only enough research to max out one set of armor and roughly three or four weapons. And on the subject of weapons, let me save you some time for single player: Dhal, Asari Sword, Hurricane, PAW with Lightning for Remnants, and Valiant. All of those (except the soon to be nerfed Valiant) are dog shit tier in Multiplayer, hilariously enough.

Finally, the multiplayer is good enough to depress you for what it might have been had the main game not sucked so much. Weapon balance is shit right now (Scorpion, Equalizer, Valiant, fuck everything else except maybe the Falcon and Pirana) but that is fixable. Powers are mostly crap, outside of passives, which is also adjustable. The progression rate is way to grindy, which is also adjustable. Whats not easily fixed is the off host hit detection which makes sniping with anything other than the Valiant nigh impossible and bugs most of the already underpowered powers way too frequently. Its fun to play, if you build a short ranged face tanker, but the maps are too congested (along with the other issues I meantioned) to facilitate any other playstyle beyond the Vanguard charge spam (which is already getting nerfed). Despite this, it IS fun, but the balance needs work so that its not just hordes of bullet sponge enemies while you are armed with a crappy pea shooter. Fun fact, the most OP build right now is the Asari Adept, but not because of her ranged powers but because they managed to put all of the most powerful mele passives into the class along with lots of shield regains, making it the supreme mele puncher. So much potential, but its a balance mess right now.

+1 for the MP issues. So discouraging. With a full team of equal / valiant's you can run golds with maybe 3-4 cobra missiles (outlaws -- GL trying that with destroyers around) but all the shotguns I've tried hit weaker on NON WEAK POINTS than fucking sniper rifles. It's just so goddamn frustrating. Got the remnant shotgun and it takes like 6 shots to take down a normal enemy -- how could they fuck this up this badly.

Mostly done with ME:A shit anyway as I didn't have a static to play it with and won't be subjected to Brazillian connections.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Apollo64

N00b
Good thing then that i made the Valiant since i play sniper.

What should be the ideal priming/detonating tech power combo?

• 1Salty

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It's also pretty sad that the latest WoW expansion has less balance issues than the SP portion of this game.

Dumpster fire.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

There's other platinum'ers around however - I think Vorph might be one
Hell, no. I think trophies/achievements are one of the dumbest things they've ever added to gaming. Whatever trophies I have are from normal gameplay. I got the plat for Horizon because pretty much all of them are just things you do playing the game as a completionist. Requiring multiple playthroughs, doing dumb shit that actually goes contrary to beating the game, using shitty weapons/skills/powers/whatever 50-100 times for no reason, etc. -- that's the stuff I think is retarded. ME:A's trophies are a good example of that.

(Edit: Yeah, forgot the worst offender of all -- tacked-on MP mode trophies in SP games)

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Vaclav

Hell, no. I think trophies/achievements are one of the dumbest things they've ever added to gaming. Whatever trophies I have are from normal gameplay. I got the plat for Horizon because pretty much all of them are just things you do normally while playing the game. Requiring multiple playthroughs, doing dumb shit that actually goes contrary to beating the game, using shitty weapons/skills/powers/whatever 50-100 times for no reason, etc. -- that's the stuff I think is retarded. ME:A's trophies are a good example of that.

Yea, thats the part of the list I'm not sure on for ME:A. Only one that's not completely obnoxious and feels like "exploring" that I'm missing is the do all the puzzles one, the others are the stupid shit like using powers and jumping far. At least the jumping ones are stupid and should only take a minute or so to do I'd imagine though. But the weapons/powers ones will be annoying.

Same goes for most MP trophying for me. Depends case by case though, some are too annoying for my OCD, some aren't.

• 1Salty

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good thing then that i made the Valiant since i play sniper.

What should be the ideal priming/detonating tech power combo?
If you never want to get in close, incinerate, energy drain, and tac cloak or shield restore are your best choices. If you go for the close stuff, charge, annihilation field, and either energy drain or incinerate is the ideal setup. Those worked reasonably well on insanity, for me at least.

Apollo64

N00b
What about Overload? Seems good against shielded foes (playing on Hardcore btw).

<--oh and lol whoever crazy mod did this, change it back and don't waste my time.

I am playing a game that you don't like, boohoohoo, get over it.

• 3Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
<--oh and lol whoever crazy mod did this, change it back and don't waste my time.

ax06DhZ.jpg

• 2Like

Vorph

What about Overload? Seems good against shielded foes (playing on Hardcore btw).
Are you talking about SP?

Energy Drain is more useful than Overload. Get the DoT to make it both prime and detonate. If you're dead set on using only tech, then Incinerate (with detonator spec) is your best bet. Combos are fairly unimpressive overall though, the secondary effects are more useful than the damage.

I still think the ideal setup on any difficulty is Turbocharge (best skill in the game by a mile), Charge, and either Energy Drain or Incinerate (in this case take double projectile instead of detonator). Use the Explorer profile with a couple really good weapons like Dhan+Bio-converter and PAW+Electric, N7 chest/arms/legs with Heleus Defender helmet, etc. You're basically invincible and you're boosting weapon damage really high which scales far better on hardcore or insanity than skill damage.

I took both tech skills and swap profile to whichever is more useful depending on whether enemies have shields or armor.

LOL, big thumbs up to whoever did that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I thought he did that on purpose to go along with the dumb argument and was like, 'well played, sir.'

This is just as good though.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No fun allowed here folks. Move along. Its changed back to not offend his senses.

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Couldn't give a flying fistfull of fucks about any game trophy or achievement....ever. it blows my mind that anyone even cares about these things.

K/d ratio is the only thing that matters!

• 1Solidarity