Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Should just axe Bioware. They have no credibility left after ruining all of their franchises. Nobody is lining up to buy another Mass Effect or Dragon Age. and SWTOR has been on life support forever.

put a fork in it, they are done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Like I said, I'm not sure performance like this at EA gets another single player entry anytime soon, if ever.

I was going to say that the only surprising thing about this is it seems to rule out DLC, but were any DLC plans ever announced? That alone suggests EA knew this was a debacle months ago, and released it in March just to not poison this fiscal year too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I remember the days of calling out BioWare as dead the second EA acquired them. If I could only go back and laugh in the faces of all the fanboys that relentlessly defended them.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There's no way that EA lets Mass Effect off this easily... either they wait a few years and start development on something new with the property that is actually groundbreaking, or they start cranking out Mass Effect mobile games and do whatever they can to milk the art and feelings people have. I could easily see them do a variation of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes using the Mass Effect IP

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There's no way that EA lets Mass Effect off this easily... either they wait a few years and start development on something new with the property that is actually groundbreaking, or they start cranking out Mass Effect mobile games and do whatever they can to milk the art and feelings people have. I could easily see them do a variation of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes using the Mass Effect IP

By then we'll have Cyberpunk 2077 and no one will care.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
God damn everything about the ending is just stupid garbage. It's such poorly written crap that it actually makes the indoctrination theory plausible. And as much as I like the indoctrination theory, it's far simpler to think that despite all the Matrix style implications that the Crucible is just another form of control (similar to how the Reapers use the Citadel and mass relays to influence how galactic civilization develops in the first place), it was just a bunch of incompetent hacks who thought everybody would be so amazed by their shit story.

Seriously though. Why the fuck does the area of the final rush to the beam (which itself makes no sense) look almost exactly like Shepard's nightmares? Why does the conduit drop you off in a random hallway full of rotting corpses? Why does it take Anderson someplace different? Why are there just piles of rotting corpses in hallways in the first place? Why can't you shoot the two keepers in the corpse hallways? How the fuck does the Illusive Man suddenly have the ability to control Shepard through his implants? Why does the Star-Child look exactly like that little kid that nobody but Shepard could see during the intro sequence? Seriously, Anderson couldn't hear the kid despite only being a couple feet away from Shepard and none of the people on that shuttle reached down to help the kid up. Why the fuck does Shepard's voice echo in the background when the Star-Child is speaking?

Blah. And no, all the people who say that the ending was the only thing wrong with ME3 are still wrong.
This is the only thing good to come out of Mass Effect 3 and the Star-Child:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
dunno if its easier ability combos or what, but holy shit insanity is so much easier in 3 than it was in 2. 2 I spent the entire playthrough hiding in cover, only popping out to shoot when adrenaline rush was up. insanity on 3 is like normal on 2.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
dunno if its easier ability combos or what, but holy shit insanity is so much easier in 3 than it was in 2. 2 I spent the entire playthrough hiding in cover, only popping out to shoot when adrenaline rush was up. insanity on 3 is like normal on 2.

Did you import a character from ME1 for ME2? Insanity from each game didn't feel too different from me playing fresh, but in each case importing made it feel like it was two difficult levels lower.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Fresh character 2 is harder for sure.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I mean, it seems like a tranny got a hold of BioWare at a conference or something and said, "Where's my representation?" And BioWare just fell in line. It seems that all of Canada's going right down the shitter with them.

They can handle dick choppers, but they can't handle blacks or Mexicans.

Wait... wut?

/facepalm

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fresh character 2 is harder for sure.

I've done fresh, import, and new game+. The difficulty of insanity largely depends on what class you're playing, but either way ME3 is still much easier than 1 and 2.

1 the adept was king because of unlinked cooldowns. Infiltrator could hang on a new game+ because you'd have enough skill points for 100% uptime on both marksman and immunity.

In 2 the soldier was king because of how strong adrenaline rush was and how much better the Revenant (soldier exclusive assault rifle) was than any other weapon in the game. If you had the balls (and reaction time) Vanguards could rock out due to the shield refresh on charge.

In 3 all that really matters is picking the right squad mates to prime/trigger combos for you. If you play an adept with liara and javik as your teammates, combat will just be non-stop biotic explosions as dark channel and singularity prime everything in sight for your double throws, but anyone can handle insanity in 3 because the other classes don't lag so far behind the best ones this time around. I'm rocking out a soldier with rapid fire weapons and the ammo evolution for concussive shot, so I can prime and trigger my own combos and just rely on my squad for CC.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I found that infiltrators dominated in 2, at least on Insanity, since shaking agro and DPS burning down enemies was the best path to victory. Maxing faction with Legion got you the god rifle which could just about one shot anything below a boss in that game, if you were accurate and/or abused the slow down.

In 3, Vanguard was a face roll until the last actual fight where you had to not get sync fucked by the 4 Behemoths and 4 Banshees that spawn at that difficulty level. That part sucked supreme balls for a Vanguard setup, but yeah VG with Liara/Jarrak team was pretty much a non stop rape fest.

In MEA MP, they finally tweaked the powers up so running around with maxed passives and punching shit is not the only way to win, until you unlock Vanquisher 10. They nerfed the Vanq, but not enough to matter for the people who use it to level up on Bronze. The Lannat is the new god weapon. They still don't have shotguns or assault rifles working worth a shit, outside of Turian Turbo fuckery. They tried to nerf all the VG classes, but the upped power damage made most of them better, with the Kroguard being the lone exception. If they ever manage to unfuck the weapon balance, the MP is actually the one redeeming aspect of the game, but with EA swinging the hatchet around, I doubt they will bother doing anything once all the premium pre-order bonus packs go out. So, the MP is likely dead in 10 more weeks based on that countdown.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yuge sale on best buy's Deal of the day, $40 for console ($32 with GCU) and $30 on PC ($24)
andromeda-gl12606 - Best Buy

almost tempted to buy the PC version but i think it'll go into the origin/EA Access library before i get around to playing it

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
yuge sale on best buy's Deal of the day, $40 for console ($32 with GCU) and $30 on PC ($24)
andromeda-gl12606 - Best Buy

almost tempted to buy the PC version but i think it'll go into the origin/EA Access library before i get around to playing it

Still too much.

Well, PC version is almost down to 19. That sure didn't take long.

I am glad people are speaking with their wallets and staying away from this trash.

I have it in my Gamefly queue - Nioh and Sniper 4 are heading back so I will see what I get back from them. Hoping Yazuko 0 comes in the mail soon.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I've been playing a pirated copy and with some of the patches it's not nearly as bad as some would lead you to believe. Feels very much like ME1.

It's worth $25.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've been playing a pirated copy and with some of the patches it's not nearly as bad as some would lead you to believe. Feels very much like ME1.

It's worth $25.

giphy.gif

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users