Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That's before patches so has nothing to do with anything I said.

Also I play the guy who isn't nearly as derp as the sister.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That's before patches so has nothing to do with anything I said.

Also I play the guy who isn't nearly as derp as the sister.

When it comes in GameFly I'll give it another shot past the trial with the patches. But even with the animation updates, nothing will patch the horrible dialogue.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's a strong contender for the worst game I've ever played. Fuck the price (~5 weeks of GameFly because I didn't bother to send it back, incorrectly thinking I'd go back and finish it after getting done with Persona 5), the time that could be spent playing any other vastly superior game is the true cost.

When it comes in GameFly I'll give it another shot past the trial with the patches. But even with the animation updates, nothing will patch the horrible dialogue.
Exactly. Plus they really just fixed the most egregious shit people were making memes out of, that's it. I loaded it up on a recent PS4 patch late in the game and everything else was just as terrible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
They can patch all they want, but there's nothing that'll fix that god awful writing that is the plot of that game. Fuck Mac Walters.

• 2Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Fuck the entire team of writers. It feels very same-y when it comes to this game and SW:TOR expansions. It just feels too similar.

I don't care how much of a miracle writer you think that they are, but staunching bleeding from one franchise doesn't mean that they'll automatically be a good choice for a story that rivals Star Wars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing a pirated copy and with some of the patches it's not nearly as bad as some would lead you to believe. Feels very much like ME1.

It's worth $25.

Fuck this lying piece of shit.

Feel free to go back a few pages to read a real review.

Seriously fuck that lying piece of shit. When I die my ghost will still haunt this thread calling out you faggot shills and your bull shit. It's my mission in life.

'Worth 25 dollars" my ass. This shit could be free and it would still be overpriced. I am 100% serious this game literally is not worth The time spent stealing it. The only situation where I support 15/hour living minimum wage is this game. Bioware should be required to pay people at least 15 per hour to suffer through playing it. Unless someone is paying you to play this game you are getting ripped off.

It has zero REDEEMING qualities

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I get that you really dislike the game, I've read all of your posts in the thread. How far did you get into the game before you stopped playing? Some of your points are valid; I disagree with some but I'm not sure I want to bother taking the time to respond if you quit playing on Eos. I'm not telling anyone to go out and buy the game so fuck off with your nonsense shill talk.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
y-lie-detector-you-said-you-are-not-a-bioware-shill-the-fact-that-you-said-andromeda-was-worth-2.jpg

I beat the first 2 planet things, a planet and a half more than necessary to discover everything about the game was shit, gameplay, story, development, etc wise. Also combined with the wisdom of posters who suffered through more of this shit, long enough to realize it never got better.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Sylas the game is shit. I do not agree that Lenas is a shill. Dude has been here a long time :) And a good dude.

• 1Solidarity

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I don't give a fuck if Jesus Christ himself descended from Heaven and started giving me a handy under the table. If the motherfucker said "Andromeda was worth paying money for" i'd round me up some jews and some nails and crucify his ass for a second time. Only this time the placard above his head would read "KING OF THE SHILLS"

I don't give a fuck how long someone has been posting here. If you come in here and lie to other posters about the quality of a game to influence them to purchase it you are a fucking shill. Not my fault you are too dumb to collect money for your services, lying and deceiving fellow members of your community. But yeah Lenas you should call up Bioware and have them write you a check. I'd hurry too before they get the EA treatment for losing untold millions on this train wreck.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
God damn everything about the ending is just stupid garbage. It's such poorly written crap that it actually makes the indoctrination theory plausible. And as much as I like the indoctrination theory, it's far simpler to think that despite all the Matrix style implications that the Crucible is just another form of control (similar to how the Reapers use the Citadel and mass relays to influence how galactic civilization develops in the first place), it was just a bunch of incompetent hacks who thought everybody would be so amazed by their shit story.

Seriously though. Why the fuck does the area of the final rush to the beam (which itself makes no sense) look almost exactly like Shepard's nightmares? Why does the conduit drop you off in a random hallway full of rotting corpses? Why does it take Anderson someplace different? Why are there just piles of rotting corpses in hallways in the first place? Why can't you shoot the two keepers in the corpse hallways? How the fuck does the Illusive Man suddenly have the ability to control Shepard through his implants? Why does the Star-Child look exactly like that little kid that nobody but Shepard could see during the intro sequence? Seriously, Anderson couldn't hear the kid despite only being a couple feet away from Shepard and none of the people on that shuttle reached down to help the kid up. Why the fuck does Shepard's voice echo in the background when the Star-Child is speaking?

Blah. And no, all the people who say that the ending was the only thing wrong with ME3 are still wrong.

Gun has unlimited bullets without having to reload.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't give a fuck how long someone has been posting here. If you come in here and lie to other posters about the quality of a game to influence them to purchase it you are a fucking shill. Not my fault you are too dumb to collect money for your services, lying and deceiving fellow members of your community. But yeah Lenas you should call up Bioware and have them write you a check. I'd hurry too before they get the EA treatment for losing untold millions on this train wreck.

I am not lying or deceiving anyone. I posted a very short and honest impression of the game, which is that I don't hate it. I am playing post-1.0.5 and the faces/animations aren't nearly as bad as they were on launch. Character is a sniper infiltrator which feels very much like my previous game play-throughs.

The mako replacement is not nearly as bad as you claim it is, and is largely unnecessary anyway with so many fast-travel points across each world. Scanning and mining resources is hardly necessary as 1) you don't need to research and develop everything and 2) as with all games there are glitches to amass huge amounts quickly.

Criticism of the dialogue and animations is justified in some cases. The over-arching storyline so far I find acceptable but I wish there were more types of Andromeda aliens. I can't comment on your complaints about mouse and keyboard menu navigation because I play with a controller and it's almost identical to older titles.

You're far too worked up and far too focused on the 25 dollars thing. Also you're a raging asshole and if you think you're going to convince anyone that I am a shill you're out of your god damn mind. I probably wont pay $25 for this game either but I might pick it up for $15 because I want to try the multiplayer. I've already gotten over 15 hours of play with many more to go and that's a much better value than many other things in life.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gun has unlimited bullets without having to reload.

Yes but I didn't mention that because it's extremely weak evidence. The game essentially turns into an interactive cinematic once you start staggering the last leg to the conduit and you have to have ammo to kill the scripted husks that rush you, as well as ammo to choose the fuck all yall ending. The final fight in the opening sequence on Earth that will continue forever until you run completely out of rifle ammo and most of the way out of pistol ammo, I discovered this once when I was playing as an adept. Pretty sure that if you somehow manage to be out of pistol ammo when you finish the Dr Eva chase on Mars, your pistol will magically have ammo again for the part where she rushes you in slow mo and you gun her down. So there is precedent for them messing with ammo for story purposes.

The only part of the infinite ammo thing that really stands out as being weird and vaguely supporting the indoctrination theory is the fact that for the first time in the entire trilogy you can fire your weapon while keepers are present but they are invulnerable to harm. Still easier to chalk that up to incompetent writing than crazy theories.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I torrented this game and uninstalled it within 40 minutes.

There is a reason this game isn't received as well as the rest of the series, and that is because its a worse game. When you have people supporting it while also admitting that dialogue and animations are bad, what does that really leave?

"Premium" title fails to deliver at core; 4/10.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I torrented this game and uninstalled it within 40 minutes.

There is a reason this game isn't received as well as the rest of the series, and that is because its a worse game. When you have people supporting it while also admitting that dialogue and animations are bad, what does that really leave?

"Premium" title fails to deliver at core; 4/10.
The rest of the series is the pinnacle of sci fi gaming. This may not match them but that does not make it deserving of all the hatred and boycotting. Deserving of criticism, yes. It is not a 4/10.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got 2 free copies, gave one away and neither of us have played beyond 1hr or so, the game is just that bad.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
15-some hours, 26% completion, level 16 or so. Aside from some unimaginative characters/plot points (soylent green is people!), I still don't understand all the hate. Haven't run into any noticeable SJW stuff. I am just going to different planets, shooting some aliens and helping others. I have spent maybe 5 minutes researching and crafting, only to finish quest requirements. I made a decision to leave an enemy base intact and then shot its leader in the back when she tried to walk away. It all feels like Mass Effect.

Derpy sister still hasn't woken up so I haven't had to look at her.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Until it doesn't. See, that's where I think we're all coming from. Something that asks for suspension of disbelief, and it doesn't achieve its purpose. Then you start seeing other things, "Huh, that's weird. " And more things, "Huh, I don't believe that." And then again, when it asks for suspension of disbelief again, "No, no, wait. I didn't believe that last thing. Now you want me to believe what?!" This happens at different times according to different people. For me, it happened extremely early on in the game, yet, like a dipshit, I listened to Shinobi with his "the game gets better 10 hours in". I played for 50 hours. The game never got any better.

• 1Like