Mass stabbing at Pennsylvania high school

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
At range?

Because you don't miss with a knife. You may not inflict the wound you wanted to, but you don't miss. Knives don't kick. Knives don't produce a sound that people have learned to associate with extreme violence. You don't have to (but obviously can) train a man in the proper operation of a knife. A knife is only an extension of the hand. A gun is an extension of the eye.

"Easier" seems a bit too broad, is all. A gun is obviously a more powerful tool.

I do agree with the basic point. It just depends on what the meaning of "is" is, I guess. Easier is not the word I would have chosen.
I can't think of any instances where I'd pick a knife over a gun in a fight. Maybe if I were fighting in an airplane, a submarine, or in an aquarium with giant electric eels.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We'll all be utterly fucked when they start making guns that shoot knives.
rrr_img_64558.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
I can't think of any instances where I'd pick a knife over a gun in a fight. Maybe if I were fighting in an airplane, a submarine, or in an aquarium with giant electric eels.
An instance like this seems like the best one. You want to do the most damage in a crowd the least amount of time and hide in the confusion. And you don't have a bomb.

Luckily the kid sucked at it. But I maintain you could run down the hall knifing unsuspecting people in the kidney more easily than you can walk down the hall shooting people in the face. After you shoot that first guy in the face, the gig is up and what you now have is target practice.

Now if he'd had a bayonette it all becomes moot.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This is a great discussions to have. How many children can you "knife in the kidney" before stopped vs how many children can you fucking shoot with an assault Rifle.

AMERICA.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Im thinking the "how many kids can I kill" will become the new "Heres how I would survive the Zombie Apocalypse".

Chris

Potato del Grande
At range?

Because you don't miss with a knife. You may not inflict the wound you wanted to, but you don't miss. Knives don't kick. Knives don't produce a sound that people have learned to associate with extreme violence. You don't have to (but obviously can) train a man in the proper operation of a knife. A knife is only an extension of the hand. A gun is an extension of the eye.
You don't miss with a gun at knife range either...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
An instance like this seems like the best one. You want to do the most damage in a crowd the least amount of time and hide in the confusion. And you don't have a bomb.

Luckily the kid sucked at it. But I maintain you could run down the hall knifing unsuspecting people in the kidney more easily than you can walk down the hall shooting people in the face. After you shoot that first guy in the face, the gig is up and what you now have is target practice.

I think you are overestimating the ease at which you can just go up and fatally stab someone.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
At range?

"Easier" seems a bit too broad, is all. A gun is obviously a more powerful tool.

I do agree with the basic point. It just depends on what the meaning of "is" is, I guess. Easier is not the word I would have chosen.

Come at me, bro

LaserLyte-PB-3-Mini-Survival-Knife-Pistol-Bayonet.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Im assuming the kid went retarded and was just blindly slashing at people. Pretty sure if you stab 20 or so people all in the chest a fair number of them are gonna die.