Megalopolis

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That might be a fun stream. Having Laurence Fishburne narrating the trailer had a serious Matrix overtone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Whatever fuckery theyve done with marketing has somehow got me intrigued

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
This is rustling up some leftist jimmies real nicely which is almost always a good sign of something worth watching.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'm going to have to watch it, even if it's an Acolyte level shit show.

As an aside: I wonder how many people know what that thing is Adam Driver has in his hands? I'm positive when he saw it he had zero idea. I learned drafting with mechanical pencils , erasers and paper on a draft table. Fast forward to my last job, none of our engineers knew how to use any of that and when I brought out a draft template they looked at me like I have 2 heads. I mean I'm all for progress , AutoCAD is the shit.

• 2Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone watched Rumblefish recently? I feel like I wouldn't like it these days

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I guess not going woke isn't enough to make up for it being a weird ass art film from a director way past his prime.

• 1Garbage

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm going to have to watch it, even if it's an Acolyte level shit show.

As an aside: I wonder how many people know what that thing is Adam Driver has in his hands? I'm positive when he saw it he had zero idea. I learned drafting with mechanical pencils , erasers and paper on a draft table. Fast forward to my last job, none of our engineers knew how to use any of that and when I brought out a draft template they looked at me like I have 2 heads. I mean I'm all for progress , AutoCAD is the shit.
Hah, I wondered the same thing. First time I've seen a T square used on a movie poster. I still have one somewhere along with my scales, but haven't used them in a while.

Never did drafting, just shit for building print takeoffs for estimates.

• 1Like

Homsar

Didn't even realize that was a square, I still have them in my garage and shed at my cabin. Didn't know what I was watching

I'm still confused at what the movie is about, how he's directing shit like this and going to IMax.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Ok cool, I thought I'd get shit for even bringing it up in a movie post. Learned drafting in Highschool. We even had to draw the sheet lines and template block by hand. Loved it , until my senior year when we had to do mechanical drafting. I now know why a 1/4-20 screw is called that and what a 9 penny nail means but it's fucking tedious to draft! The only thing I ever kept was the draft templates for squares/triangles/etc.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Homsar

I really hope someone gets killed by it, it does look like a fun weapon

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Ok cool, I thought I'd get shit for even bringing it up in a movie post. Learned drafting in Highschool. We even had to draw the sheet lines and template block by hand. Loved it , until my senior year when we had to do mechanical drafting. I now know why a 1/4-20 screw is called that and what a 9 penny nail means but it's fucking tedious to draft! The only thing I ever kept was the draft templates for squares/triangles/etc.
We didn't have that opportunity in high school, closest would have been shop for an applicable skills type class.

I took art every year, and just always enjoyed painting, drawing, whatever since I was a little kid. I think if I had been exposed to drafting at that age, I have taken to it like a duck to water.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
We didn't have that opportunity in high school, closest would have been shop for an applicable skills type class.

I took art every year, and just always enjoyed painting, drawing, whatever since I was a little kid. I think if I had been exposed to drafting at that age, I have taken to it like a duck to water.
It really helped me when I went into electrical construction. I was green as grass and I didn't know what the symbols were about , but I could tell where I was on a set of drawings and fake the rest. Our school was small down south. We had what later was called VOTC. Options were wood shop / drafting / auto mechanics, and brick laying. Old south shit.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was going to say, we did drafting in shop class...in middle school.

Guess times are a changing.

Burns

Was going to say, we did drafting in shop class...in middle school.

Guess times are a changing.
I'm sure it has a lot to do with how large your school is. In the small and medium schools I went too, there was nothing like drafting or even shop class. In the huge high school I went to, they had a whole bunch of options. I think they had AutoCAD, shop, home ec and other stuff I probably don't remember.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This seems like a parody of "Retvrn" memes but nobody understands the parody.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I took 4 semesters in drafting in high school. 2 semesters was all hand drawing and then 2 semesters vocational CAD classes. I was offered an internship out of high school, but I didn't want to pursue it in a career and let my buddy have the spot. I think he still works for the same company.

• 1Like