Men's Fashion

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm guessing you guys live in more asphalt-y areas than I do.
I'll definitely be in flip flops for every day living type of stuff, but I'm working on the night on the town clothes.

I'd ruin a pair of vans in 10 days around here.
rrr_img_123820.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I worked in a corporate office and to see a 40 year old man's nasty feet everyday was disgusting. Also Indians. They take off their shoes every goddamn day.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So my new outfit is some dark denim (I don't know what the fuck that means, but the little gay mexican said they fit the shirt) jeans and a dark grey/metallic button down shirt. My girlfriend wants to see me in the slacks with it as well, but meh.

I was looking at the Ecco Fraser shoes, thinking that would match the semi-casual jeans and button down. Opinions? I feel like girl scout wandering through home depot.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Saddle Oxford s work well with casual.

I don't advocate hybrid half tennis half dress bastard shoes.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Ok guys,

i am trying to find a shirt similar to one i bought ages ago (like 16 years ago)since - i like it- and two it is starting to wear out, and the wife, 3 kids and i are taking a cruise soon and i am- for the first time SINCE i bought new dress clothes 16ish years ago(besides shoes i got those 3 years ago)- updating my wardrobe. (spent 500 today on 2 ties 2 shirts and a suit)

i currently own an uomo couture by vito rufolo 100% italian cotton "t shirt" -it was ~$50-70ish when i bought it, really smooth soft shirt it is off white/ivory it did not look out of place with or without a jacket..

i'm not a clothes horse but i cannot find anything similar in any of the higher end clothes stores -that i have checked so far- has anything close. they all have...shirts or polo shirts. the tshirts they have are significantly lessor quality

my google skills have failed as well, the closest match i have found is at hawes and curtis in britain and what i am looking for is a step up from that.

this is the closest match i have found so far and it's not as high end as i want.
Mens Light Grey Garment Dye Crew Neck T-Shirt - 100% Supima Cotton | Hawes and Curtis

anyone have any idea who might have what i am looking for i'll post a picture of it once it is out of the dryer (ya its dryclean only but i don't bother) it was too wrinkled since i wore it last and it got crumpled

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ok guys,

i am trying to find a shirt similar to one i bought ages ago (like 16 years ago)since - i like it- and two it is starting to wear out, and the wife, 3 kids and i are taking a cruise soon and i am- for the first time SINCE i bought new dress clothes 16ish years ago(besides shoes i got those 3 years ago)- updating my wardrobe. (spent 500 today on 2 ties 2 shirts and a suit)

i currently own an uomo couture by vito rufolo 100% italian cotton "t shirt" -it was ~$50-70ish when i bought it, really smooth soft shirt it is off white/ivory it did not look out of place with or without a jacket..

i'm not a clothes horse but i cannot find anything similar in any of the higher end clothes stores -that i have checked so far- has anything close. they all have...shirts or polo shirts. the tshirts they have are significantly lessor quality

my google skills have failed as well, the closest match i have found is at hawes and curtis in britain and what i am looking for is a step up from that.

this is the closest match i have found so far and it's not as high end as i want.
Mens Light Grey Garment Dye Crew Neck T-Shirt - 100% Supima Cotton | Hawes and Curtis

anyone have any idea who might have what i am looking for i'll post a picture of it once it is out of the dryer (ya its dryclean only but i don't bother) it was too wrinkled since i wore it last and it got crumpled
Are you looking for crewneck or v neck? What weight of fabric? Does it need to be 100% cotton? What is it about the current shirt you like (eg the chest, the sleeve length, the shirt length)?

Also your measurements may be somewhat important for me since most Japanese made t-shirts don't go up that big. Like an American size Medium is an XL and thats as big as they go. But I probably wouldn't recommend one of those regardless since they're not really soft cotton.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What makes a cotton t-shirt high end?

I bought some Nunn Bush Chukkas and they're pretty good as far as work shoes go. Only $65.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What makes a cotton t-shirt high end?

I bought some Nunn Bush Chukkas and they're pretty good as far as work shoes go. Only $65.
For the Japanese ones they use a process (technically a machine) called loopwheeling. It creates a dense but soft fabric. It is actually how t-shirts and sweatshirts were made in/prior to the 50's. It is also why they physically can't make the t-shirts very big because the fabric is woven in a loop and the machines can only make it so big. Some American retailers have contracted with Japanese shirt makers to make XXL+ sizes but they have to stitch two pieces of loopwheeled fabric together instead of it being one continuous thing (which IMO kind of defeats the purpose.) You can get a similar feel (and also reject the side-seam like a loopwheel shirt) with something called tubular construction but it isn't nearly as dense.

For expensive Italian t-shirts I'm not sure how the cost is justified but if they have a fit that works great for your body type then people will pay more. They also use slightly more expensive cottons. Cotton grown in some areas is softer than others. Like Zimbabwean cotton is notoriously soft and Texas cotton is notoriously scratchy. Pima is probably the best "bang for your buck" cotton, though.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
OK sorry for the delay. Searched the shirt, found material tag and it is not cotton like I thought it is-i assume this is polyester-97%poliammide 3% elastomero. Pictures attached:

rrr_img_128140.jpg
rrr_img_128141.jpg

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
At least the shirt is still in good shape
smile.png

hell i have no idea wtf uomo means anyway, just figured to get some new fashion for the trip, heLL i bought a dress watch for the first time that is not a cheap 30 dollar timex....

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you guys recommend/like for dress shoes between $30 kohls garbage and $150 Johnston and Murphy?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
$200+ Allen Edmonds.

Johnston and Murphy quality has taken a nosedive in recent years, I wouldn't recommend purchasing their shoes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got some Nunn bush dress shoes a couple years ago for like 100 each. Nothing top of the line but I barely wear them so they stay fresh

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't wear dress shoes much. I have a couple of pair of eccos I like just because I find them really comfortable. No idea on the price range.