Men's Fashion

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a pair of the Lululemon abc pants. They are nice but I'm fine with Amazon pants for work wear too. I looked into them and birddogs and whatever other similar brands exist and landed on the abc pants.
Check out j crew for polos. They don't have a logo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
So I got the Koios - 2E is too narrow (I have pretty wide feet) and unfortunately they dontGot the Allen Edmunds and 3E fits great. Ordered Thursday boots low top at beginning of this week with expedited shipping. Heard nothing on shipping. Emailed them thurs to check status and I get an email last night from them telling me their warehouse has ran out of 2E and 3E in my size and this happens sometimes when there’s low supply and people place orders at the same time.

Meanwhile their website still shows these size/width/color combos as being in stock.. What kind of operation are these guys running? Have y’all ordered from them before? Just doesn’t seem like they have it together.

Out of these three colors from Thursday which do yall like best? I originally was trying to get the first one, the coffee..

Coffee

IMG_9404.jpeg

Toffee

IMG_9405.jpeg

Heritage leather Cacao

IMG_9406.jpeg

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Gonna keep the AE ones for now and still try to get Thursdays. I ordered both Walnut and Chili. Which do you guys prefer? Leaning towards keeping the walnut. In person they look pretty similar. It’s worth noting that this is overpriced imo at $300 but the walnuts were on sale at $150 which makes me more inclined to try AE (skeptical on QC but worth giving a test run).

Walnut

IMG_9410.jpeg
IMG_9409.jpeg

Chili

IMG_9408.jpeg
IMG_9407.jpeg

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I have a pair of the Lululemon abc pants. They are nice but I'm fine with Amazon pants for work wear too. I looked into them and birddogs and whatever other similar brands exist and landed on the abc pants.
Check out j crew for polos. They don't have a logo.
Do J crew polos have a more athletic fit? That’s one thing I always appreciated about j crew is that had fits for more athletic builds and not square boxes..

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
AE on a discount seems pretty killer. My pair of AE dress shoes I was able to pick up because the store adjacent to the Men's clothing shop caught on fire, so the clothing store was liquidating everything at 50% off due to "smoke damage." About the only time I've seen a pair discounted. Those look nice though but $300 does sound expensive if you weren't able to grab them on a sale.

I like most of those browns, just be careful with something that may read too orange? The Chili and the Toffee look orange to me in pictures, but may be nice in person. My castagna Koio are almost too orange and I may grab a pair of the Thursday you're looking at in one of those browns, like the Coffee.

Sucks the Koio didn't work out though. My foot is pretty narrow for a 10.5 I guess so they fit well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
AE on a discount seems pretty killer. My pair of AE dress shoes I was able to pick up because the store adjacent to the Men's clothing shop caught on fire, so the clothing store was liquidating everything at 50% off due to "smoke damage." About the only time I've seen a pair discounted. Those look nice though but $300 does sound expensive if you weren't able to grab them on a sale.

I like most of those browns, just be careful with something that may read too orange? The Chili and the Toffee look orange to me in pictures, but may be nice in person. My castagna Koio are almost too orange and I may grab a pair of the Thursday you're looking at in one of those browns, like the Coffee.

Sucks the Koio didn't work out though. My foot is pretty narrow for a 10.5 I guess so they fit well.
Thanks. Gonna stick with AE walnuts. More brown and hard to beat 50% off them..

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I got the Koios - 2E is too narrow (I have pretty wide feet) and unfortunately they dontGot the Allen Edmunds and 3E fits great. Ordered Thursday boots low top at beginning of this week with expedited shipping. Heard nothing on shipping. Emailed them thurs to check status and I get an email last night from them telling me their warehouse has ran out of 2E and 3E in my size and this happens sometimes when there’s low supply and people place orders at the same time.

Meanwhile their website still shows these size/width/color combos as being in stock.. What kind of operation are these guys running? Have y’all ordered from them before? Just doesn’t seem like they have it together.

Out of these three colors from Thursday which do yall like best? I originally was trying to get the first one, the coffee..

Coffee

View attachment 544842

Toffee

View attachment 544843

Heritage leather Cacao

View attachment 544844
I actually ordered my Thursday's through Amazon, but I have pretty normal size feet so YMMV

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do J crew polos have a more athletic fit? That’s one thing I always appreciated about j crew is that had fits for more athletic builds and not square boxes..
maybe? They are starting to get tight on me now that I'm getting fat and older, and to be honest I've probably owned the same 3 or 4 for almost 15 years now so I can't remember.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Just ordered these to try. Apparently work well for athletic builds. Will let you know how they do.

Noodleface Noodleface I got the duers - the straight leg is perfect for athletic dudes. My only complain is they are pretty high waisted. The cut doesn’t make the waist fall down on you but it takes getting used to. They’re high waisted enough to where I’m not sure I’d wear them with a shirt tucked in.

Decided to keep a pair for the time being because it’s so hard to find denim for athletic dudes and just keep searching. I do love the stretch denim - tenfold more comfortable than back in my raw denim days.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Went to go put on the AE sneakers yesterday with ABC pants and t-shirt but the look felt weird. I think I’m just not used to wearing leather sneakers maybe. I’ve always worn Alden loafers/chukkas or new balance 574s. Maybe it’ll take a little time for the leather sneaker look to grow on me.. What are you guys wearing with your leather sneakers? Chinos? Jeans? T shirts? Button ups? My instinct here would be to keep it more casual with them.

IMG_9418.jpeg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodleface Noodleface I got the duers - the straight leg is perfect for athletic dudes. My only complain is they are pretty high waisted. The cut doesn’t make the waist fall down on you but it takes getting used to. They’re high waisted enough to where I’m not sure I’d wear them with a shirt tucked in.

Decided to keep a pair for the time being because it’s so hard to find denim for athletic dudes and just keep searching. I do love the stretch denim - tenfold more comfortable than back in my raw denim days.
I agree stretch denim is a marvel of engineering.

I'll check these out but I don't like the idea of them riding high into my balls

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I agree stretch denim is a marvel of engineering.

I'll check these out but I don't like the idea of them riding high into my balls
Not into your balls, high on your waist. Like the top should have 1.5” cut off it. Other than that the fit is pretty stellar.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
1) What kind of pants are you wearing that have dug high in to your balls?

follow up question

2) Exactly how big are your balls for crying out loud?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1) What kind of pants are you wearing that have dug high in to your balls?

follow up question

2) Exactly how big are your balls for crying out loud?
Some are just higher, especially if it's a more fitted pant. Most of the athletic cuts or 'traveler' pants I've seen tend to have a higher waist.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Some are just higher, especially if it's a more fitted pant. Most of the athletic cuts or 'traveler' pants I've seen tend to have a higher waist.

I guess there was an old pair of Indochino suit pants where the crotch was cut so high that it was uncomfortable. Okay, guess it makes sense. In my head I was like... wtf I'm not wearing tights here.