Men's Fashion

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What's in fashion for a men's jacket nowadays? Any recommendations? I have hoodies, but I need something for cool weather that doesn't make me look like a broke college kid.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean, just wear slacks and a dress shirt rather than jeans/polo, you sacrifice no comfort (I wear this like every day of my life now), you look 100% more professional...

View attachment 124789
Ah perfect

Can't grow a beard - check

No socks - check

Beady eyes - check

Shirt patterned like my mother's pajamas - check

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What's in fashion for a men's jacket nowadays? Any recommendations? I have hoodies, but I need something for cool weather that doesn't make me look like a broke college kid.

i got this a few weeks ago to wear with my brown leather ankle boots and jeans

1476852213062278909.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Im always warm so I just do a wool sports coat when it isn't cold enough for a pea coat or winter jacket

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I should add that I need a jacket that looks good on a fat guy. I know some styles look awful on me.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I should add that I need a jacket that looks good on a fat guy. I know some styles look awful on me.

if youre a fat guy, a well tailored sports jacket or blazer is the best way to go, theres very few options otherwise.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
I mean, just wear slacks and a dress shirt rather than jeans/polo, you sacrifice no comfort (I wear this like every day of my life now), you look 100% more professional...

I'm always amazed at the reaction from my IT staff on the occasional day we can wear jeans, you'd think someone was handing out free blowjobs. There's really no difference in comfort to me between a well tailored pair of slacks/khakis and a pair of jeans.

And to the guy looking for boots, if you want to spend a little more the AE Higgins Mills are awesome. By far one of my favorite shoe purchases in a while.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm always amazed at the reaction from my IT staff on the occasional day we can wear jeans, you'd think someone was handing out free blowjobs. There's really no difference in comfort to me between a well tailored pair of slacks/khakis and a pair of jeans.

And to the guy looking for boots, if you want to spend a little more the AE Higgins Mills are awesome. By far one of my favorite shoe purchases in a while.

I mean I'm sure I could buy some custom jeans too but all my work clothes are made to measure so they all fit perfectly and are stupidly comfortable.. all of my jeans are either baggy or have fitment quirks that I don't like. I'm a lot more comfortable in slacks than I am in jeans. I don't get it.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
A good rule of thumb is to never dress nicer than your boss. People are also going to judge you solely on how you dress and yes it will impact your career track.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My boss wears all black. Leather jacket. Huge leather boots. She's a metalhead. Ain't nobody toppin' her.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Unless your boss dresses like shit. Then go ahead and dress nicer than him/her

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 124789
This is my dress code for the new job I start next week, except add in a tie. At least I think. It's about 50/50 as far as whether a tie is required or my source is just a douchey fuck. Will be saving my play money to get a pair of AEs asap though.

• 1Like

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Make sure you get on their email list, they run sales all the time. You can also score some great deals off the clearance section on their website, new stuff goes into it pretty often. Lastly check out shoebank.com as well for factory seconds, a lot of times there's very little wrong with the shoe and you can get it for half off.

I have like 6-7 pairs of AEs that I've accumulated over the years and have never paid close to full price. If you take care of them they last forever, I have a pair of walnut Strands that I've had for probably 10 years at this point and they still look great.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
A good rule of thumb is to never dress nicer than your boss. People are also going to judge you solely on how you dress and yes it will impact your career track.
Stupid advice. Senior consultant/manager to DoD entity. You dress to the same degree as the client you are advising

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
At EMC my boss dressed in hawaiin t-shirts, hiking boots, and bubble vests. Needless to say I was better dressed than him by default.