Men's Fashion

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
At the Pentagon casual Friday for my group was a dress shirt that wasn't white, preferably blue (still a tie needed and suit obviously)

I'd wear pink shirts to trigger the fuck out of my boss. Actual gov client didn't mind though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Polo shirts are for golfing and dudes that want to wear tight shirts to show off pecs but still be "dressing up".

They should never be worn to work unless required.

Button down or button up only. Untucked when wearing jeans.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nothing screams 'I'm in IT' like a short sleeve button up and square toed black shoes. I swear they teach people to dress like that in MIS degree programs these days.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The guy in my avatar is all I think about when I imagine a short sleeve button up and tie

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
All I think of when I see short sleeve button ups is either bowling or a burger king manager. I wear polo's to work because I have to, but given the choice I'd wear a polo over a short sleeve button up any day.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Only short sleeve button up even remotely appropriate is a Hawaiian shirt when there is a Navy event in Hawaii you need to go to and are told to bring one for a specific dinner.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i dont wear polos because its hard to find good ones with a stiff collar and a fitted fit that look like this

900x900px-LL-1c3a768d_KGrHqRoIFD8m3td8PBRLUjtlFNw60_35.jpe

but i do wear short sleeve button ups with jeans

its all about fit

shortsleeve1.jpg

short-sleeve3.jpg

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
that's the other thing. Untucked button ups with jeans need to be somewhat short to look right. As a short person this means alterations (generally) and I aint gots the time fo dat.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
This advice amounts to "have a chiseled face and wear tight clothes with overly short sleeves"

Nobody dresses like that at work though.

yeah, if we are talking about work exclusively, thats true

i wouldnt wear polos or short sleeve button ups at work

they can look great as a casual look though if done right

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I dress like those pictures of a dude with short sleeves and jeans at work. One more button done up is the only difference.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't get the polo hate, but I wouldn't expect some filthy advertiser to understand that

I work in a dungeon

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I don't get the polo hate, but I wouldn't expect some filthy advertiser to understand that

I work in a dungeon

1. polos only look good on hard bodies (i mean that can be largely said for any piece of clothing, but polos are the best example)
2. most polos are made of lousy material that feels like a combination of polyester and burlap sack, or some weird shiny nylon
3. most polos have those shitty floppy, flat lifeless collars
4. the polos that are actually fitted, done right, come in classic colors and have a crisp firm collar usually cost $100. i'm not spending $160 on a Sunspel polo

thats why 99% of people who wear polos look like shit in them.