Men's Fashion

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I bought a suit from jos a bank and it was the worst suit ever. This was before I knew about quality suits.

Also the tailor botched it but that's a separate completely fucked up story

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I brought it to a highly rated local tailor, gave them plenty of time because I needed it for a special event. They said I could pick it up on such and such a date. Called before leaving work and she bitched me out on the phone for not reminding her and she closed in 30 minutes. Since it was my first suit and I needed it she did it for me anyways.

Crotch felt all fucked up, the pants were very weirdly done all around and the shirt she tailored didn't fit.

I guess I was mostly mad that she went off on me for "not reminding " her to do my suit.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I have a few suits from there, while not anything special they are sufficient. Dunno what happened with yours.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shoe trees absorb the sweat you leave in the shoe after a day of wear and help prevent creasing of the leather. They just generally keep them nicer, longer. You also shouldn't wear the same shoe every day to give them time to dry out and reduce the creasing. Day on, day off at the least. Two days off is better.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Yup. I have two pairs of good dress shoes that I rotate and they last way way longer and stay nicer.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Maybe slightly off topic, but what do you guys use as a bag to carry stuff around on a day to day basis? I've been using a leather messenger bag basically since Uni, and while I'm happy with how it looks it's starting to really wear on my shoulders. I can't see myself going back to a backpack, and I suspect that wouldn't be any better for the shoulders anyway - thoughts?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe slightly off topic, but what do you guys use as a bag to carry stuff around on a day to day basis? I've been using a leather messenger bag basically since Uni, and while I'm happy with how it looks it's starting to really wear on my shoulders. I can't see myself going back to a backpack, and I suspect that wouldn't be any better for the shoulders anyway - thoughts?

If it's not on your shoulder it'll be in your hand and basically be a briefcase. Depending on how far you walk and how heavy your bag is that might be impractical. You might consider lightening your load or using one of those wide load-dispersing pads on the shoulder strap if it's hurting your shoulder/neck.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Leather portfolio wihh notepad, business cards and any briefs I need. Only thing I carry around to different places for work because fuck taking work home

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I was in Boston I just used a company backpack.

I did the one-arm messenger thing for years and it started really bothering my shoulders. The backpack felt great.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think it depends a lot on company industry and culture. I work at a bank and backpacks wouldn't really fly.

You can get really durable over the shoulder bags from Coach for a few hundred, any other higher end ones will be 2-3x as much.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's a lot of money for a bag. I buy a $35 backpack from Target once every four years or so. Then again, as mentioned, industry differences and all that. Bay Area tech has basement-dwelling neckbeard standards. Even at the sales conferences you see people who give no shits.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My last place was like that. It was one of those places where you were considered working for 24/7 so people came in all different types of neck beard outfits.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Carrying a backpack to the office is different than carrying one out to the public while working (at least imo).

I have some shit standard issue pack. It sucks. But it functions. Might go back to a backpack.

The most affluent person I have worked with since moving to Houston was 65+, and carried a backpack. Its one of those "If you matter, how you carry your shit wont" type things.

Azrayne

If it's not on your shoulder it'll be in your hand and basically be a briefcase. Depending on how far you walk and how heavy your bag is that might be impractical. You might consider lightening your load or using one of those wide load-dispersing pads on the shoulder strap if it's hurting your shoulder/neck.

Load dispersing shoulder strap sounds like a good idea, I didn't think of that.

I've made an effort to remove any excess crap from the bag, but even the minimum of a water bottle (which isn't really negotiable for most of the year in Aus) and the bag itself is enough to create some strain after 30 or 40 minutes.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you tried carrying it on the opposite shoulder cross-body? Like a messenger bag, basically.

Azrayne

Yeah I tried it for a while, but it's a pain and just feels like it's pulling my neck out of alignment instead of my shoulder. Also I have a bit of a manboob situation left over from my fatty days, and a strap running across my chest kinda draws attention to it :/