TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_5820.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When was it? I don't recall them being under .500 all year
I phrased that poorly, their overall record never dropped below .500. They were pretty awful for the second half of June but they started the month strong enough to finish at 14-13, they remained awful well into July and the five game winning streak they ended the month on only brought them up to 11-13. From August 1 to September 10th they were 17-18 but Judge's home run drought was a pretty small part of that and during the 16 games he went without a homer they went 8-8 so I was overestimating how much his slump had to do with the overall team performance.

Also I recall some people bringing up Judge playing defense as an argument in his favor during the squabbling over him vs Ohtani but isn't Judge one of the worst center fielders in the league? Seems like his stats would be more pristine as a DH like Ohtani except from a team perspective Stanton would probably be even worse defensively. I don't know the whole roster situation but it looks like Judge was playing much better at the beginning of the season and started to fall off hard later, would the other two outfielders actually be worse or is it a pride/poor management thing? Seems like letting him rest in left field would be better for both him and the team.

Cleveland

Golden Knight of the Realm
I phrased that poorly, their overall record never dropped below .500. They were pretty awful for the second half of June but they started the month strong enough to finish at 14-13, they remained awful well into July and the five game winning streak they ended the month on only brought them up to 11-13. From August 1 to September 10th they were 17-18 but Judge's home run drought was a pretty small part of that and during the 16 games he went without a homer they went 8-8 so I was overestimating how much his slump had to do with the overall team performance.

Also I recall some people bringing up Judge playing defense as an argument in his favor during the squabbling over him vs Ohtani but isn't Judge one of the worst center fielders in the league? Seems like his stats would be more pristine as a DH like Ohtani except from a team perspective Stanton would probably be even worse defensively. I don't know the whole roster situation but it looks like Judge was playing much better at the beginning of the season and started to fall off hard later, would the other two outfielders actually be worse or is it a pride/poor management thing? Seems like letting him rest in left field would be better for both him and the team.
got it - that makes sense

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crazy, it looks like the "worst division in MLB" will be sending 3 teams to the post season. White Sox sure gave out a lot of free wins this year, hah.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users