MLB 2024: Rangers Conquer Texas, Then America

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe they shut them out 2 games in a row. That's pretty awesome.

I'm very happy to be wrong about the Padres having their number. Gives me some hope they can go all the way!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

elcaro1101

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mets is going to be a tough series also, but I think they are ready for the most part. Freeman's ankle, not so much...looks like he is playing through some major pain.

• 3Like

TheNozz

Karazhan Raider
IMG_6338.jpeg

• 3Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
Next Round I'm taking

Guards over Tigers (total homer call)
Yanks over Royals
Mets over Phils
Padres over Dodgers
so close

Guessing Yanks Dodgers

Though the storyline of Mets Guardians with them both getting to the WS for the first time since the Lindor trade would be an incredible story

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Karazhan Raider
Mets is going to be a tough series also, but I think they are ready for the most part. Freeman's ankle, not so much...looks like he is playing through some major pain.
My thoughts for the NLCS

1) This isn’t a huge rivalry and the Dodgers won’t be as motivated to beat the Mets in the same way as Padres. Mets win

2) As far as I know, the Mets don’t have any relief pitchers like Tanner Scott of the Padres. Scott was acquired specifically to shut down Shohei Ohtani. In theory, Ohtani is going to come to life in this series. Dodgers win

Whichever of these factors weighs more will determine the outcome.

Padres were the hottest team going into the playoffs and I’d like to believe the adage “In order to be The Man, you have to beat The Man” holds true for the Dodgers

I promised my grandma I’d get a haircut if the Dodgers won the pennant, for once I hope I have to honor my loss

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That Mets team just finds hits all through their lineup, and their pitching staff has somehow kept it together. In current day baseball, would it really be that surprising if the two underdogs won? Probably not.

I'm hoping the Yanks finally pull through. The Rangers are my 1A team, but the Yankees are 1B - which sounds baffling I know, but I had a grandfather that grew up in the same town Mantle did and so naturally the Yankees were the familial team. That being said, the Yankees are still a bit too much swing and miss. I would not be stunned if the Indians won.