MMA Thread

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I want a special title for winning the pool! (even though it appears I am the only one that made picks for every card)
Yeah you should get one, missing cards is part of thr game. In my work pool only like 3/12 people made every card. Top guy was like #43 in the world rankings. Fucker took our pot of $140

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Well the Sherdog joint is dead. Won't be making any picks for a few months because I'll be away again. Glad I took the cake on the last card of the year. Whoever had that avatar bet with me that Silva would beat Weidman the second time around...you lost again but I will let it slide. No Dennis Hallman-esque avatar for you while I'm gone. Hopefully we have a new pool running whenever I get those privileges from the Army.

With that said...I will make some quick main event predictions while I may be gone. Saffediene over Lim by decision. Philippou by KO but not as devastating as Belfort's. Henderson over Thomson by submission in the 3rd. Barao and Aldo by gnp...probably both in the 2nd round (Overeem beats the shit out of Mir on this card as well). Mousasi beats Machida with gnp and Rousey arm bars McMann in the first and Cormier and Evans go to a draw (because we get those every once in a while). Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the thread again after that.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Assuming the pool I just made works for the coming year, here's info.

You've been invited to join an Sherdog MMA Pick 'Em pool by Grimmlokk. To join the pool:

1. Go tohttp://fantasy.sherdog.com/, and login or register.

2. Select 'Join a Private Pool' from the screen or go to Settings > Pools > Join a Private Pool and enter:

Name: Rerolled2014

Password: jayrebb

The red banner thing made it seem like the game is going away forever, but I think that was just shitty wording.

maybe this year I won't miss like, 5 events.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can sign into the pool, but no picks showing for this saturday's event. Seems it may be dead after all

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just joined, and as of now it looks like it is pulling in last years numbers too. Not sure if that is going to reset, or if Grimm just fucked it up!

Although I seem to remember something similar happening last year as well.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I was winning this pool till i missed like 4 events almost back to back! Curse you RL!

No idea if this thing is going away forever or not.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What title do you want? Also where did your avatar go? I could have sworn I gave you one...
You gave me one forever ago when I lost a bet to you, but I have since removed it since it was only a month bet. I am terribly uncreative, so you should come up with a fantastic title for me and a lovely avatar to go with it.

Fedor

<Banned>
2.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, looks like the pick-ems are gone. If you go to fantasy.sherdog.com, it just redirects you to sherdog.com now.

Lame.

Although, the official UFC site has one as well. Do you guys want to move over there, or is there enough interest?

Link for reference.UFC | Ultimate Fighting Championship

Edit: Well, that is quite lame. You have to link up with either Facebook, Google+ or Twitter to create an account. meh

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No desire to have shit linked to my FB etc, but if someone finds one worth a shit somewhere else I'll start it up there. No luck in some quick searching by me.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, there are a few of them out there. It is quite lame though because you have to sign up before you can even see what it looks like. Let me take some time tonight and see if any of them are worth a shit.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I found this one, mmafantasyfever.com, and signed up for it. I am trying to navigate around and holy FUCK is this site slow as balls. Outlook not good.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, it is moving a bit better now. I started to create a league and it has 2 options.

Classic

Players are given 50 points each event to bet on fighters. Max 25 points per fighter. If a fighter wins, the player is awarded the points they bet.

Pick Em

Players pick straight up winners for each fight; 10 points for a correct pick.
Any preference?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You gave me one forever ago when I lost a bet to you, but I have since removed it since it was only a month bet. I am terribly uncreative, so you should come up with a fantastic title for me and a lovely avatar to go with it.
Wasn't your EQ name Ameraves Loyalheart or something?

First pic in GIS for Loyalheart:

Loyal_Heart_Dog_by_Perreault.png