MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone hates DC, so he may as well go full heel at this point.

Rumble didn't want to be there, and basically threw the fight. What a weird night of fights.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I wanted Weidman to win, but that hands on the ground and you can't get kneed rule is bullshit. Moose is my 3rd favorite fighter at MW, so whatever.

RUMBLE...WTF WERE YOU DOING, MAN?!? You don't wrestle with DC just like he don't bang with you. WTFH.

Jimi Manuwa sitting ringside with Dana White like they're fucking...oh by the way Jon Jones is the in building, so they probably are fucking. No way in hell he gets a title shot before the truth that is JJ.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like Moose better, but I'm just not ready to bet against Weidman. Picking Weidman tonight.

Johnson, Weidman, Gonzalez, Cote, and Brooks are my picks for the main card. Usman vs. Strickland should be FOTN.

Uhhhh,

Worst picker ever?

How do you watch MMA and bet against Moose?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Honestly I didn't want to comment on those picks, lol, ended up terrible... And Usman, AS USUAL, was one of the most boring fights of the night.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fucking disgusting, weidman, looked like an old man trying to take touch his toes, trying to had to get both his hands touching the mat,
senior-man-touching-toes-8936029.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Weidman situation looked like a case where if he wasn't milking a foul doctors would have cleared him.

As Dana implied, he basically clocked himself out by wanting to take 5 for the "foul".

Yeah, the ref messed up. But ultimately the doctors called it, not the ref. That is a TKO via doctor stoppage. It is not open ended.

Jive Turkey

Karen
“I thought I was going to win because of the illegal knee,” Weidman said. “He left the octagon and looked at a replay, and said it was a legal knee. But in the state of New York, there are no replays. So it’s a crappy situation.

“If it was a legal knee, I would have loved to have just kept fighting. It shouldn’t have been stopped, but the ref, at the end of the day, is the one who made a judgement call, and in the state of New York, his word is what counts. There’s no replay.”

“I feel like I was on the way to winning that fight,” Weidman said. “Gegard has to be pissed, too. He doesn’t want to win like that. I would have been pissed if they stopped the fight, and I won it.”

Trying to claim a win off a technicality is pretty weak. And had they not stopped the fight, he was on his way to getting knocked out

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So Rumble is a good looking dude (no homo) & well spoken. I wonder if the big deal he has lined up is something like the MMA Special Anchor for ESPN or something along those lines.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah at the post-fight he denied the football playing talk (makes sense to me, no way he can make a team now) and implied he is taking a desk.

Ariel asked about an NFL office job, he weakly denied it. Ariel's :emoji_nose:sources:emoji_nose: are pretty good usually. I'd be surprised if its not an NFL desk.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah at the post-fight he denied the football playing talk (duh, no way he can make a team now) and implied he is taking a desk. Ariel asked about an NFL office job, he weakly denied it. Ariel's :emoji_nose:sources:emoji_nose: are pretty good usually. I'd be surprised if its not an NFL desk.
I don't get the football thing at all unless he is a Strength & Conditioning Coach. I am not really sure how he would be qualified to do anything football besides Strength & Conditioning.