MMA Thread

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Think Cain could take him down? I'm not sure that Cain would be nearly as impressive in athrowback match with no rounds and less rules. But only seen afew of his matches, not sure if he is roided etc. It's agood argument.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I assume that both Fedor and Cain used steroids. I just think Cain would be able to smother Fedor. Fedor's best striking is at range with his looping right hands (like the one JDS threw that knocked out Cain!) and his best takedowns are hip throws which I don't think would work.

Fedor would definitely have a fighting chance though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pride had rounds, 10min then 5 min. Cain and his ridiculous HW cardio with 10 minutes to work people over without them getting a break? Cain's wrestling with knees allowed to downed opponents?

Pride rules were tailor made for him. I'm not saying he'd beat prime Fedor, but going to Pride would not hurt his game at all.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
By any objective measure GSP is one of the greats, but I saw pretty much every single fight he had and I refuse to accept it. Fuck. With Anderson and Fedor you have these moments you remember of them just sacking up and murdering people. GSP I just remember endless minutes of dryhumping and a superman punch. Even guys he could have obliterated he chose to wrestler-rape for 15 minutes.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Just from that list alone it's much better than what the SpideRoid Silva ever faced, and people say he was the best. Only GSP is the only one to fight as many highly ranked/former champions as Fedor ever had. Yet Fedor either subbed them or knocked them out, he didn't lather up in Vaseline and hug for 4 out of 5 rounds like GSP did.

1. Renato Sobral (HW)
2. Semmy Schilt ("super"HW)
3. Heath Herring (HW)
4. Ant?nio Rodrigo Nogueira (HW)
5. Mark Coleman (HW)
6. Kazuyuki Fujita (HW)
7. Kevin Randleman (HW)
8. Ant?nio Rodrigo Nogueira (HW)
9. Mirko Filipovic (HW)
10. Mark Hunt ("super"HW)
X. Matt Lindland (ranked MW, fought at HW)
11. Tim Sylvia ("super"HW)
12. Andrei Arlovski (HW)
13. Brett Rogers ("super"HW)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The last 6 years of Fedor's career he beat one legit top HW, Arlovski, and that was the start of a 4 fight losing streak for Arlovski. The other top HW's he fought after that were Bigfoot and Werdum. One KO'd him and one subbed him. Followed by a KO loss to a 41 year old LHW. Over GSP's last 6 years he beat Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, good BJ Penn, good Thiago Alves, Koscheck twice(remember when he was good!?), Jake Shields, Carlos Condit, Nick Diaz, and Hendricks.

Comparing resumes leads to everyone losing to GSP. Plenty of guys have better highlight reels, but no one beat the kind of competition GSP did. Not even close.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Fighting boring but smart doesn't make you worse than the flashy finisher. It just makes you boring.

That being said I'm not sure who is the GOAT I kind of like all of em.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The last 6 years of Fedor's career he beat one legit top HW, Arlovski, and that was the start of a 4 fight losing streak for Arlovski. The other top HW's he fought after that were Bigfoot and Werdum. One KO'd him and one subbed him. Followed by a KO loss to a 41 year old LHW. Over GSP's last 6 years he beat Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, good BJ Penn, good Thiago Alves, Koscheck twice(remember when he was good!?), Jake Shields, Carlos Condit, Nick Diaz, and Hendricks.

Comparing resumes leads to everyone losing to GSP. Plenty of guys have better highlight reels, but no one beat the kind of competition GSP did. Not even close.
Nail + head

Being canadian I'm prejudice but gsp is goat. No matter what he won, never failed a test never no contested, just won. Half the time when he won is sucked cocks, but it wasn't a punch off or a half face contest. It was whoever capitalized against the other douche and did more of whatever to win.

Silva doesn't deserve the spot at all. He's a God dam low life getting in the ring and showboating. Why the fuck would you do that when Your fighting a can to start with. You can't be an ambassador to the sport then be a fucking clown.

For fedor well he was good but he was a 2 trick show.
Cro cop who is my favorite ever, not the best, but you knew your getting the lhk, and even tho u knew that's his move, avoid it at all costs, u got it

Ps Silva talking about people shouldn't ever do drugs and they should get a lifetime ban. Let's hope

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean that's a compelling argument for GSP as GOAT, but just because he never failed a test doesn't mean he never doped. I mean Silva fought for years before he finally fucked up a test, just means GSP was smart.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nail + head

Being canadian I'm prejudice but gsp is goat. No matter what he won, never failed a test never no contested, just won. Half the time when he won is sucked cocks, but it wasn't a punch off or a half face contest. It was whoever capitalized against the other douche and did more of whatever to win.

Silva doesn't deserve the spot at all. He's a God dam low life getting in the ring and showboating. Why the fuck would you do that when Your fighting a can to start with. You can't be an ambassador to the sport then be a fucking clown.
So being boring + good = good but being a showboat + good = lowlife no talent scum? You might not like Silva but you've got to be retarded to seriously think he's not in the mix.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What does that have to do with anything? You quoted a post saying GSP was the goat and then proceeded to explain why he was the goat (despite admitting that half his wins "sucked cock" from what i'm assuming is an entertainment PoV). Then you said that Silva doesn't deserve to be in the mix because he's a low life showboater and a "fucking clown (neither of which has anything at all to do with being a good fighter, much like boring wins that "suck cock" don't take away from GSP).

I was simply pointing out that I find it puzzling that you could somehow disqualify Silva from being goat because he showboats (aka you don't LIKE him/the way he fights) while giving goat to GSP regardless of the fact that you don't LIKE half his wins (unless you were complimenting his wins by saying they sucked cocks...?).

Anyways, I think goat is a pointless discussion anyways relating to MMA just like it is to all sports because they're all fighting in completely different settings. Even comparing things like records/title defenses/total time as champion are fairly meaningless for a thousand different reasons.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
GSP's game was to ground and grind opponents. Silva's game was to bait them into attacking so he could counter attack.

You can fault GSP for not being aggressive, risky or powerful enough to stop opponents. You can also fault Silva for not being aggressive enough to initiate confrontations with opponents he was seemingly better than. The worst example was his fight against Damian Maia who everyone believes A. Silva could easily outstrike. Maia didn't play into Silva's game, so Silva just point-fought.

The other consideration is that these fights are about winning and championship careers are about longevity. When you have nothing to prove, like GSP and A. Silva, you have greater reason to be risk averse because your only goal is to prolong that championship reign.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
.....aaaaahhhh, Thales Leites is a better example. At least Maia tried to take him down and actually did engage him on his feet in the later rounds. Thales literally flopped on his ass a few times and said "get in my guard"!

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It's 1, 2 Silva, Fedor, or Fedor, Silva--I'd probably put Silva slightly on top, but just so.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
What does that have to do with anything? You quoted a post saying GSP was the goat and then proceeded to explain why he was the goat (despite admitting that half his wins "sucked cock" from what i'm assuming is an entertainment PoV). Then you said that Silva doesn't deserve to be in the mix because he's a low life showboater and a "fucking clown (neither of which has anything at all to do with being a good fighter, much like boring wins that "suck cock" don't take away from GSP).

I was simply pointing out that I find it puzzling that you could somehow disqualify Silva from being goat because he showboats (aka you don't LIKE him/the way he fights) while giving goat to GSP regardless of the fact that you don't LIKE half his wins (unless you were complimenting his wins by saying they sucked cocks...?).

Anyways, I think goat is a pointless discussion anyways relating to MMA just like it is to all sports because they're all fighting in completely different settings. Even comparing things like records/title defenses/total time as champion are fairly meaningless for a thousand different reasons.
I agree
smile.png