MMA Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holloway winning was best case, he's been calling out Aldo for awhile now. Can't wait to see that fight.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Fuck sounds like I missed a great card. I was sick all weekend, I fell asleep at 7pm on Saturday I totally forgot about the fights.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got a chance to watch UFC 206. Main card was pretty entertaining.

That fight between Swanson and Choi was really damn entertaining. Damn good card overall.

I hope Cerrone keeps going and actually gets a shot at the 170 belt. I don't know if he can win it, but I really hope he does. Love watching that guy fight.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Apparently Cyborg turned it down because she couldn't make weight in time, rofl. That dumb bitch needs to drop some muscle and stop ruining her own career.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
She turned it down because her blood work is fucked up from cutting to 140. She told the UFC she would be ready to fight in March, but instead of waiting a month they decided to go with GDR.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dana White: 'Cyborg' Justino turned down multiple UFC featherweight title fights

In a statement Justino provided to MMAFighting.com, Justino explained she had told the UFC the weight cuts were so brutal she needed a full 12-week camp to accept any bout.

That, she said, was her reasoning for turning down first a fight with former bantamweight champ Holly Holm (10-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and then a bout with Germaine de Randamie (7-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC).

----------

If Ronda and Holly both win expect a rematch super fight at 145.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been saying for years that the women's divisions are too stacked with talent and need to be broken up and spread out more...

• 2Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Cerrone vs. Masvidal and Arlovski vs. Ngannou has been added to the UFC on Fox 23 card at the end of January.
Seems like a step down in competition for Cerrone. I love that he wants to fight all the time, but if he wants to make a title push he should be getting higher ranked guys.

othree

Good thing she's just shadow boxing, or dat dere is probably a broken hand if it landed.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Certainly not confirmed, but this recent clip from Rogan's podcast sure looks like Eddie Bravo putting his foot in his mouth and everyone trying to cover for him.
Mike Goldberg FIRED? Clip from Joe Rogan’s podcast doesn’t look good for UFC host

Rogan has always had Goldberg's back. Saying his job isn't easy. It is his job to set the energy level, cater's to the casual fan, get in the sponsor plugs at the right times, etc... I can see all that. His job isn't easy, but as someone that has been watching UFC from the beginning, he is just annoying as fuck. I am fine with it either way, if he stays or goes.

Rogan on the other hand had better have a lifetime contract. Cards without him never have the energy, excitement, or weight.

othree

I will miss Mike. He's terrible at his job, and seemingly continues to slide even further downhill, but he's OUR retard. He makes me laugh my ass off no less than 5x an event.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user