Monster Hunter Wilds

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that new finisher move looked neat, wonder if it's part of Perfect Rush, in the video there's a cut between the start of Perfect Rush and that animation so not sure but anyway looked nice enough.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I may just try Switch Axe outta the gate. Never put much time into it before.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems like it still has the counter from Rise, that made the weapon so much stronger. In base world it was pretty meh but in Iceborne they added a bunch of axe combos which made it flow a lot better, then in Rise you could counter to instantly charge it which means you were spending a ton of time in just sword form, which also means a lot of damage. I like SA cause it has a really nice flow to it, you can switch between forms seamlessly mid combo for the situation and sword form is super satisfying when charged and you're blasting enemies+zero sum discharge as a finisher leads to some really cool stuff. Axe form is also great for breaking parts(one of the combos gives a buff to increase part break) so it's a great farming weapon between that and sword form melting lower enemies if you don't have to dodge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm
sort of missed MH tri where it took literally forever to score a Ratholos plate, the progression was very throttled and play time was very much extended. Of course times has changed but do miss the good old days.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Weak point hit with tracer… I can see the speed run strats already.
Bow was my main in World, may have to go back to it after that display.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ice Cube Movie GIF

Weak point hit with tracer… I can see the speed run strats already.
Bow was my main in World, may have to go back to it after that display.
Bow was my main back in MH:3U and that was miserable with targeting. Was mouselook a game changer for bow in World? I don’t think I ever tried it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Bow was my main back in MH:3U and that was miserable with targeting. Was mouselook a game changer for bow in World? I don’t think I ever tried it.
Yeah, mouse look was great for any weapon that required precise targeting.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Some of these previews look so good that I might actually spend 10% of my playtime not using hammer.

Copium for Jan 2025 launch please.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some of these previews look so good that I might actually spend 10% of my playtime not using hammer.

Copium for Jan 2025 launch please.
It's basically guaranteed to be late jan to march, that's when a ton of games release including MH(World jan 26th, Rise march 26th), they wouldn't start promotion stuff more than 6 months away I'd think. If it's january it'd likely be late january though, they still avoid early january releases because of ppl not having enough money after xmas I'm pretty sure.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks almost completely unchanged. Which is fine I suppose.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks almost completely unchanged. Which is fine I suppose.
Na quite a few changes, but lance kinda looks the same in a lot of stuff, if you look at it closely though there's a lot of differences compared to world.

Power guard into attack has a new animation(little jump instead of just a poke)

Side hop pokes which is a huge change for repositioning since you used to only be able to do hops, not attack at the same time, the sidehop attacks also seem like they don't break the 123 combo, and there's a new "finisher" after a set of 3 with 3 quick pokes in a row.

Another new move is the counter shield bash. In World you rarely can bash anything cause it's clunky as fuck, in Rise you could bash and get stuns decently with Sunbreak cause they added the forward hop that also blocks+bash at the same time, but this is a new move that's extremely fast(0:28, the block into shield bash is almost instant). The focus move also starts with a shield bash, so lance should see a good amount of stun potential similar to Rise, which helps getting damage windows to compensate for the usually lower damage output.

Right after the focus part, there's another new move, seems like a charged attack similar to Greatsword. Glows white, then brown, doesn't seem to block but instead just super armor through the move? Might still be counted as a block. Follows up with the power guard jump poke but twice in a row.

Finally the last frame is again a new move, shield bash into high poke in a quick 1-2 combo.

Overall that seems like the most new stuff out of any of the videos, it's just very thematic stuff and not flashy, but as someone who mains Lance I'm very happy with this direction, I really liked that in Rise they made you use your shield for damage too, it makes sense, and in Wilds it's going to be a big thing it seems, if only to force one stun per hunt if the numbers are not great. The side hops will also allow some interesting things, it'll be harder to stick to agile monsters than in Rise where you could agressively spam forward hops since they were safe but if you angle yourself right you can probably gap close a bit with them, and they'll potentially allow more damage uptime if you can use them to dodge stuff. The charge move is also potentially the new thing to spam when monster is down, it doesn't look fucking dumb as shit like Rise moves at least.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I graphed my experience with every release, regardless of how long I play this series.

IMG_6817.jpeg

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Na quite a few changes, but lance kinda looks the same in a lot of stuff, if you look at it closely though there's a lot of differences compared to world.

Power guard into attack has a new animation(little jump instead of just a poke)

Side hop pokes which is a huge change for repositioning since you used to only be able to do hops, not attack at the same time, the sidehop attacks also seem like they don't break the 123 combo, and there's a new "finisher" after a set of 3 with 3 quick pokes in a row.

Another new move is the counter shield bash. In World you rarely can bash anything cause it's clunky as fuck, in Rise you could bash and get stuns decently with Sunbreak cause they added the forward hop that also blocks+bash at the same time, but this is a new move that's extremely fast(0:28, the block into shield bash is almost instant). The focus move also starts with a shield bash, so lance should see a good amount of stun potential similar to Rise, which helps getting damage windows to compensate for the usually lower damage output.

Right after the focus part, there's another new move, seems like a charged attack similar to Greatsword. Glows white, then brown, doesn't seem to block but instead just super armor through the move? Might still be counted as a block. Follows up with the power guard jump poke but twice in a row.

Finally the last frame is again a new move, shield bash into high poke in a quick 1-2 combo.

Overall that seems like the most new stuff out of any of the videos, it's just very thematic stuff and not flashy, but as someone who mains Lance I'm very happy with this direction, I really liked that in Rise they made you use your shield for damage too, it makes sense, and in Wilds it's going to be a big thing it seems, if only to force one stun per hunt if the numbers are not great. The side hops will also allow some interesting things, it'll be harder to stick to agile monsters than in Rise where you could agressively spam forward hops since they were safe but if you angle yourself right you can probably gap close a bit with them, and they'll potentially allow more damage uptime if you can use them to dodge stuff. The charge move is also potentially the new thing to spam when monster is down, it doesn't look fucking dumb as shit like Rise moves at least.
Lance was my go to weapon. All the new shield stuff looks dope.