Movies you'd like to see remakes of?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
With all the shitty remakes we're getting and all the anger it has caused, what movies had a great plot but were not so well executed?

I just watched Highlander and man did the sword fight scenes suck. This movie could be fucking awesome if it was remade.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i would like to see some stephen king adaptions remade. the tommyknockers is still my favorite king novel and it broke my heart watching how it was butchered on network tv

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i would like to see some stephen king adaptions remade. the tommyknockers is still my favorite king novel and it broke my heart watching how it was butchered on network tv
aren't they remaking "carrie"? i'm sure with all the remakes hollywood is shitting out, you'll get your wish (well, they'll be remade, not sure if they will be remade well).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they did remake carrie, it was a flop or at least i think it was. the original was just fine on its own. im talking about films like graveyard shift, the mangler, the dark half, the tommyknockers (miniseries), lawnmower man and bunch of other poorly made adaptions from short stories.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I'll throw a few out from left field here. I'd love to see some of these old World War 1 and 2 movies remade with modern film making technology.

The Longest Day:I know this covers some of the same area as Saving Private Ryan but I would live to see a good 3 hour epic redo

Midway:

Paths of Glory:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fred. A new Fred were he walks into a hardcore downlow sex club where he is proceeded to be gangraped for 10 hours.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Kind of a remake / more a different angle.

Men in Black, but not a comedy + comic book type. I do like the original, but always thought that there would be such a potential to make a serious dark movie about a secret team of government agents who turn up and 'clean up' evidence and memories after some alien contact.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i would really like a complete reboot of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. Interview with the Vampire was a pretty good movie, tom cruise was excellent as Lestat, the problem though, it was a one shot deal. meanwhile there are maybe 5 or 6 (or more, its been so long since i read all of them) books in the series involving Lestat. they need to start over again with actors who can reliably be counted on to return to reprise their roles with each new installment.

i dunno if anyone saw The Queen of The Damned, but that movie was a fucking travesty. for some fucking unknown reason they skipped the second book The Vampire Lestat and went right to the third one which is admittedly an incredible book, but the second one is even better because it lays the groundwork for the third. they had such an awesome franchise in their grasp and they fucked it all up.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They should just remake some "classics" and get it over with.

Modern day Citizen Kane, Full Metal Jacket & Forest Gump.
Let's throw in a live action "Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers" for good measure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Lord of the rings directed by someone that can make a film that doesn't induce a coma.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Forbidden Planet could be a good remake candidate. So could A Boy and his Dog, for sci fi.

For dramas, I would love to see a good remake of Seven Days in May, Fame, or Laurence of Arabia.

Comedies are more tricky to remake and not have them be spoofs or shitty, but I think World According to Garp and Clue could be respun for modern pop culture.