MTG thread

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Mystery Boosters 2 are now out. Supposedly convention only. Cards have the little planeswalker symbol per normal, but each pack has a playtest card, and white bordered card, and a card printed in the special Future Sight frame.

View attachment 540014
View attachment 540015

I really, really hate the white bordered cards. They look like ass. Mixed feelings on the FS frames, though. Some look decent (other than the set symbol is retarded). Norwood Priestess getting her first reprint, and as that frame.

I prefer mine.

20240807_015202.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Every time I draft blue in bloomburrow I remember why the color is wide open

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
YALL READY FOR THE NEW HORROR-INSPIRED MAGIC SET

PREVIEWS START IN JUST TWO WEEKS

WHATS THAT? YOU'RE STILL PLAYING WITH THOSE OLD BUSTED ANIMAL CARDS? GET WITH THE TIMES BOOMER, IT'S TIME FOR A LEATHERFACE PLANESWALKER

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
1725428087595.png

Just got back into MTG with that last set. It's one of the best limited sets ever released and as you can tell I've been cracked out on it. I went like 30-5 to go from the #10 spot to #1. Went 10-0 my last 10 games. Took 4 in a row to go from #3 to #2 and 6 in a row to hit #1.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Very nice. It is a shame this game lost so much interest in the last couple of years.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Very nice. It is a shame this game lost so much interest in the last couple of years.
Ya kinda sucks a big reason is wotc is insanely greedy and them canceling GP's was also big reason for that but I think it's going to start regaining some traction now that SCG announced they're bringing back GP events. There's also a huge limited tournament in Vegas in October for the new set coming out in a few weeks. I might actually fly out from NY for it.

Last edited:

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So I just recently started seeing this deck in brawl, but I’m seeing it a lot

I refer to it as an “all or nothing commander”

I personally hate decks like this.

If you have a counter for their stupid gimmick, watch em rage quit in half of a nanosecond. If you don’t, you may as well rage quit

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So I just recently started seeing this deck in brawl, but I’m seeing it a lot

I refer to it as an “all or nothing commander”

I personally hate decks like this.

If you have a counter for their stupid gimmick, watch em rage quit in half of a nanosecond. If you don’t, you may as well rage quit

I saw recently a commander deck that's based on board wipe. Basically, it's full of complete/partial board wipes while your commander (and a few others) are indestructible. Your opponent plays something? No matter, it's removed next turn. Remove all defenders, attack, rinse and repeat.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users