Must Have Software

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Well hell, I didn't know VLC could do that, I had never even looked at the editing options and I've been using that for years. Thanks!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone suggest a free or cheap user friendly CAD Software? I would like to map a few remodeling ideas I have and it would be really nice to use a software program that will allow for viewing from multiple angles.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
didnt want to make a new thread so ill ask here, what program do you guys use to convert files? xbox dosent play mkv format for whatever reason, and 90% of the shit out on torrents is in this format, i found a free website that works, but the max upload is a gig.... and my tv show or w/e is like just slightly over 1gig, so more or less whats a good program thats easy to use, i just want to be able to convert mkv to basically anything else my 360 hasnt had trouble with anything other than MKV files.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its less time and effort to download the right file format than converting old stuff. Its listed in the original post on how to convert files

The original post needs updating

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know of any free kiosk software? I was just going to use a thumbdrive to play slides on a loop for a lobby TV, but my boss ended up getting a 40" Lenovo smart tv with wifi, so just wondering if I can take advantage of that.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Copied from Homsar's first post on the old forums:

Since there is numerous software threads asking for types of programs I figure we can list everything into 1 thread. I know there is a lot of sections missing atm

Ninite - A quick way to install some of the programs listed below

• Converting Movies/Shows
  • ConvertXtoDVD
  • Any Video Converter Ultimate
  • Handbrake

• Audio Editing
  • Audacity
  • FLStudio

• Video Players
  • Media Player Classic - Home Cinema
  • KMPlayer
  • VLC

• Music Players
  • Zune
  • Foobar

• Graphic Design
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • GIMP

• Burning
  • IMGBurn
  • MagicISO/UltraISO

• Torrenting
  • Qbittorrent
  • Deluge
  • UTorrent
  • Transmission
  • Bitcomet
  • Bit Che

• Newsgroups
  • Sonarr
  • Sickbeard
  • Couchpotato
  • Sabnzb+

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have a good program for ripping music off of my iPhone? I like to back up everything to a hard drive every few years in case I lose the phone.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Get an android phone and ponder your poor life decisions up to this point? Seriously though, why is it so impossible to get music off an iDevice?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
iTools 3 will do this easily enough. That said, how'd you get it there in the first place? If it isn't already on a hard disk somewhere, your purchases are in iCloud anyway.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Why is utorrent on this list? That shit is straight garbage. qbitorrent and deluge should replace it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Both qBittorrent and Deluge are cross platform and awesome. uTorrent is ad and scamware laden Windows only garbage. It was great back in the day, 2.2.1 era, but that was a very long time ago.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This might be a rare need, but "geosetter" is an amazing free tool for batch geotagging photos.

Can sync with gps tracks and flight logs as well.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Updated the list. I had just copied the first post from the old thread, so keep on posting suggestions.