NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
A better question is what business does a guy who misses half the shots from the free throw line has playing basketball?

The whole sport is becoming a parody. Ridiculous favoritism and rule violations, conniving refs, and guys making $20+ per year who cant hit a shot from the FT line half the time.

Sterling

El Presidente
Shaq was terrible at the line and so was Wilt. Guess neither of them should have been in the league either since they were scrubs too.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Shaq was terrible at the line and so was Wilt. Guess neither of them should have been in the league either since they were scrubs too.
Wilt wasnt actually as great as people remember, most of his opposition was dopey white guys from the 1960s.

And someone always brings up Shaq as a validation of shitty NBA shooting. It's kinda sad actually.

Jovec

?
As an owner I'd want to have a 75% or 80% FTA required as part of the contract, with penalties for shooting lower. Weight and fitness clauses subject to penalty too. Required off-season work-outs / conditioning / film study / maintenance too with the guys getting 4-6 weeks off at most. Not that the NBAPA would ever agree to even contracts have a FTA clause, but you would need final medication authority or every player would be "injured" during the off-season and this last bit would ultimately be deemed not legal. Take the CBA out of it and just think if the Bulls took Rose to court over not playing after he has been medically cleared by team doctors. I doubt the courts would rule that Bulls have that right instead saying that only the player can make that final call.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Wilt wasnt actually as great as people remember, most of his opposition was dopey white guys from the 1960s.

And someone always brings up Shaq as a validation of shitty NBA shooting. It's kinda sad actually.
your point is the league is somehow worse than before when players like dennis rodman, wilt chamberlain, shaq existed before howard, the sky is not falling.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The point being is that some one referred to Howard as being one of the best players in the league while in the same breath mentioning his 58% FT shooting.

It was rather amusing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Memphis is the only bottom four seed team I see having a good chance of making it past the first round in the West. If the Warriors can put together a string of games when their offense clicks, they might make it too, but I'm not hopeful.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I doubt the Lakers advance but the Spurs haven't been looking great lately. Some good stories for the first round out West, Harden vs OKC, Pop n Duncan vs D'umbtoni and MAYBE Nash, rematch of Clips/Grizz, and even the Denver/GS matchup seems interesting.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't watched the Knicks much this season, was Melo playing all this hero ball during their winning streak?