NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Living in Oklahoma and rooting for both the Thunder and OU (football) is like a goddamn nightmare. Both teams have a ton of talent but are amazed when less talented teams have the audacity to play them hard. This leads to large leads being blown way more often than is good for my fucking heart.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely ridiculous of the officials to bounce Dwight from this game. Stupid. I sincerely hope Dwight ends up somewhere else. One season is enough to see what a low IQ buffoon he is.
What's funny is as a Dallas fan, I'd have killed for him last summer. Now? Y'all can keep his immature, entitled, pussified ass. That guy is the anti-Kobe.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
You still got to go for it. If anyone can make him change it's Rick Carlisle.

Dwight is the exact type of center that you need to put beside Dirk.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great game in H-town. Houston is just a scary team to root for down the stretch - always feels like they're on the edge of imploding.

Parsons straight ballin' tonight though. Like his game.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
iIrQ7GAtOY0GW.gif

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Harden definitely fouled on the 3 - but aside from that, what the fuck are the Rockets doing on offense down the stretch?! I didn't know Melo played in Houston. Deserve to lose.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Crazy ending. Refs were shite both ways. Houston/McHale really need to work on their end of game execution. Harden clear outs SURELY aren't the best they can come up with - Parsons was sick tonight though. Second favorite whitey in the league after Dirk.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Asik is my favorite Rocket I think. Refs were terrible on both sides of the ball, I'll agree. Some really bad offensive fouls called on both sides

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I hope to god the NBA comes up with a plan to make officiating better in the future. Maybe it's a make the rules more clear type thing, make less penalties, I dunno. The way it is sucks ass. Free Throws are by far the most boring thing in any major sport. What's the point? No one is guarding you, any asshole at a rec park can do that shit.

Seems like so few games am I thinking the officiating was well done, for EITHER side.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Gaming Ghost>
Well, we are still the only team in the NBA with two bigs that cannot dunk or put back rebounds on the regular. At least they are both consistent with their inability to score from 0-10 feet from the basket. Remember two seasons ago when the Thunder almost got Tyson Chandler? I have wet dreams about that shit.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I hope to god the NBA comes up with a plan to make officiating better in the future. Maybe it's a make the rules more clear type thing, make less penalties, I dunno. The way it is sucks ass. Free Throws are by far the most boring thing in any major sport. What's the point? No one is guarding you, any asshole at a rec park can do that shit.

Seems like so few games am I thinking the officiating was well done, for EITHER side.
It's annoying because the shit is completely arbitrary and only gets worse in the playoffs. The way opposing teams quite literally hold Durant, Kobe, Anthony, James, and a lot of the other prolific scorers is obscene, but they rarely ever call it. I'd rather that shit get called than the touch fouls and continuation bullshit.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
a 26 year old Chandler, and for Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox-- but you decided to fail his physical

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brooks being a shitty coach really really sticks out without Westbrook. His offensive gameplan alternates between reggie jackson pretending to be Westbrook and Durant turning on God Mode.

Thunder would be able to make the WCF and probably the finals with their talent and the way Durant is playing if they had a real coach.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Watched the full OKC/HOU game last night and the only conclusion I came to was: refs even worse than when I stopped watching NBA because the officiating is so godamned awful. I don't tune in to watch you fucktards blow your whistle. The number of retarded offensive fouls and pure randomness of the calls made me want to scream. And then, of course, 90% of any screening action is illegal, but that rarely gets called. Makes no sense and just infuriates me. You can't expect the refs to catch every call, but you can expect them to be consistent and thorough. When you are seeing the best players in the world just flat-out bemused on a crapload of calls, that's a problem. And you can grab the shit out of a star player but if he pushes off that's a foul? WTF.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I wouldn't look at player reactions as a sign of a validity of a call.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Gaming Ghost>
I wouldn't look at player reactions as a sign of a validity of a call.
I take it as a sign that they understand that the refs are not consistent with their calls and there is no accountability. They allow mugging off the ball but if you slap at the ball carrier and it is shots. Drajakur is absolutely right about the screens; 90% of the screening in the NBA is illegal but they won't call it because it is an off the ball foul...except occasionally and arbitrarily. One game will see a crew allow the bigs to literally bloody each other for rebounds and on another channel they call a loose ball foul if you get the rebound without touching the guy boxing you out because, well, you were behind him and there had to be contact.

Take Reggie Jackson's final drive last night; they had called mutliple shooting fouls on the bigs in the paint on both teams for jumping straight up with their hands straight up. However, when the clock says 2 seconds left they swallow the whistle and let them play? If it is a foul in the first quarter then it is a foul with 2 seconds left in the game. The announcer even said that the refs would want to let them settle it on the court in the waning seconds. The fuck? If that was true then they should've let them settle it on the court ALL FUCKING GAME LONG.