NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
And supposedly "we" have the "superstar." Riiiight.

And they didn't play a good 4th quarter? It's kind of hard to play a good quarter when as soon as you take the lead, the refs come in to bail out the Pacers calling bullshit fouls on Chandler and Martin, meanwhile Paul George elbows JR Smith right in the fucking chest, he goes flying to the floor, and no foul is called.

And do I even need to say FLOP on Melo's 4th foul? Officiating was fucking pathetic, and as soon as NY went on a run to take the lead, they interfered. Get fucked faggot ass refs.
Look man, I dont know how to break it to you, but you have fucking JR smith and carmelo aka biggest offensive black hole this side of kobe. Carmelo will never ever win a title - or should I say, no team with carmelo on it will ever win a title. I suppose he could pick up one in his last year in the league when he rides pine all but 8-10 minutes and he isnt a real part of the team. He just doesnt get it, and sadly it doesnt look like he ever will, he doesnt play and has no desire to play both ends of the floor, and has no clue how to lead a team.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Agreed re: Melo. Dude just flat out doesn't fucking "get it." Super talented retard who thinks he's a generational talent (ala Kobe, MJ, Lebron... even KD) but isn't even close. Great scorer (2nd best scorer in the league), not great NBA basketball player. Would love him in a game of pickup basketball though!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
lol @ Kobe in the discussion of "generational talents."

Edit: Haha. Sorry. We don't have to start an argument here. I just couldn't help myself.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It's rare for someone to do it by themselves, Hakeem did it once when he happened to go up against a team with only 1 star on it (patrick ewing). jordan didn't win anything by himself, oscar robinson didn't win any by himself, kareem didn't win any by himself. you need 2 star players to win, and amare is no longer a star.

Carmelo isn't the problem on that team, he isn't lebron he's not gonna get 9 assists in a game, he's a scorer and he's not the problem of the team that hasn't won a playoff series in 13 years. The problem is the highest paid player is coming off the bench and plays no defense (amare) and the salary cap hell they are about to be in.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
It looks like the Spurs have been preparing for the onslaught that will be the Miami Heat. They are playing really crisp. The Grizzlies just don't have an answer. Gasol is working hard but I don't its going to be enough.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
LOL that was such a bullshit flop by Allen. Dude clearly braced his fall with his hands then delays grabbing his head.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Took the Spurs 6 seconds to inbound that ball (I rewound and put it to a stopwatch); Ref was at 4.5 seconds. Not surprising or a big deal it just seemed like a really long time to me.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Well the Grizzlies made it a game. I don't know I think the Warriors series was better. The Grizzlies only seem to be able to get in the game when the Spurs take their foot off the gas.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is why the Pacers can't win this series. As soon as the Heat get in trouble the refs are going to start calling the moving screen on the Pacers.

edit: Damn you Hansbro, how dare your jaw foul Battier's elbow.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This is why I could never be a big NBA fan. All sports have refs that differ in quality and nobody is perfect. Yet in any NBA game what is a foul changes seemingly from play to play at times. What a joke.....

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Does traveling still exist in the NBA? These guys sure seem to walk with the ball a whole lot.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Such a choke job by West. It's pretty amazing watching Lebron completely avoid driving the lane because of Hibbert.