NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Glad to see the curse of Derek Fisher coming to fruition. Wonder if Durant will get a pass for this? I know if it was Lebron or even Dirk (locally) we'd never hear the fucking end of it... can't win the big one, etc, the usual bullshit cliches.

foddon

Wow, Choke Randolph! Refs swallowed their whistles for a little while there to help things out.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Durant just wore out as this series went along. Shouldering the entire load against such a physical team with very little rest for 5 games was just too much. Brooks better get fired.

I doubt LeBron or Dirk would have gotten shit for losing this series with the team Durant has. LeBron didn't get shit in 09 when the Magic took him down. Even Simmons said the supporting cast on the 09 Cavs was better than the Thunder's make shift group without Westbrook.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the Grizz as constructed aren't really a good match up for a team with a single scoring threat, especially a forward.

I think even with Westbrook the Grizz would of won in 7, the Thunder got so much worse in their 2nd unit by trading Harden. Their entire bench is a bunch of spares now.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yeah the Grizz as constructed aren't really a good match up for a team with a single scoring threat, especially a forward.

I think even with Westbrook the Grizz would of won in 7, the Thunder got so much worse in their 2nd unit by trading Harden. Their entire bench is a bunch of spares now.
Really? A series with 2 OT games and 2 other very close games at the end and you think the Thunder would have been heavy favorites with the addition of an all-star guard?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Really? A series with 2 OT games and 2 other very close games at the end and you think the Thunder would have been heavy favorites with the addition of an all-star guard?
That can create his own shot and dish the ball, both of which the Thunder were in desperate need of during the entire series?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That series would have been over in 5 the other way if Westbrook played. He is only a top 5 player in the league though.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could never keep all 3 past this year. They kept the right two. However, considering what they got in the trade, they should have given it a shot this year but oh well.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I dunno if they kept the right guy. With increased pressure to score after Westbrook went down, Ibaka didn't really step it up.

If he's a lifetime 12ppg/8rebound/3block guy I think he's overpaid.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Without Harden I say OKC wouldn't have beaten the Spurs last year. Harden gave their bench the firepower OKC needed to win. His absence has been very noticeable this year.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno if they kept the right guy. With increased pressure to score after Westbrook went down, Ibaka didn't really step it up.

If he's a lifetime 12ppg/8rebound/3block guy I think he's overpaid.
Harden no showed the Finals and look at the jump he made this year. I'm not suggesting Ibaka is going to make a jump to Top 10 in the league next year but just because he struggled in the Playoffs playing without Westbrook for the first time in his career doesn't really tell us anything. Not to mention, really he just had a bad 4 or so game stretch which happened to be against the team that is probably the worst matchup for him in the entire league. He was actually pretty good in Games 4 and 5 against the Griz. Ibaka does really need to develop a post game during the offseason, at least one or two moves. Right now, against solid or better post defenders, he is basically useless on offense if his jumper isn't dropping.

Also, when I said they kept the right two, I meant Westbrook and Durant. That is the thing, once Harden decided he wanted the max it wasn't him or Ibaka; it was him or Westbrook. The only way Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were staying together was if Harden took a little under the max, which they offered him and he said no. Harden made the decision for them once he decided on the max. Whether they should have traded him when they did or waited a year is another matter entirely.

Szlia

Considering the endorsement deals that come with being a star player, you would think the smart thing to do would have been for Durant to take less than max salary to maximize his chance at a championship. Probably a difficult choice to make though.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering the endorsement deals that come with being a star player, you would think the smart thing to do would have been for Durant to take less than max salary to maximize his chance at a championship. Probably a difficult choice to make though.
Considering their extensions all happened at very different times, I don't think it even registered as a possibility.

Really, the new CBA fucked them more than anything, under the old one they would have probably just paid the tax.

foddon

Game 6 is going to be nerve-wrecking for the Pacers. They'll be in very bad shape if they can't win that one. Fucking George Hill better clear his head and get on the court.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Spurs/Grizz is going to be a great series. Think Memphis matches up well with SA - but having never been there before, is the stage too big? Will be interesting.