NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Pretty frustrating watching last nights game because of the reffing on both sides. That missed shot clock reset was amazing. How is it possible for me to immediately know that ball hit the rim when 4 people on the court couldn't?
Lebron's 6th was also really bad considering the situation and how insignificant it was.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty frustrating watching last nights game because of the reffing on both sides. That missed shot clock reset was amazing. How is it possible for me to immediately know that ball hit the rim when 4 people on the court couldn't?
Lebron's 6th was also really bad considering the situation and how insignificant it was.
When is reffing in the NBA not shitty? Nobody ever loses a game in the NBA, they simply get fucked by the refs. The NBA has become a joke and has about as much credibility as the WWE,

They have this bullshit narrative of Lebron being the greatest of all time that they shove down our throats non stop. They refuse to ever call a foul on him and let him get away with everything, including flopping. Then you get a game like yesterday where he fouls out. So fucking inconsistent.

The only thing the NBA is good for is for when Hockey is on a period break or commercial.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly NBA officiating would probably improve dramatically if the league would just fire Joey Crawford. Although Spurs games where he is part of the crew are incredibly entertaining.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When is reffing in the NBA not shitty? Nobody ever loses a game in the NBA, they simply get fucked by the refs. The NBA has become a joke and has about as much credibility as the WWE,

They have this bullshit narrative of Lebron being the greatest of all time that they shove down our throats non stop. They refuse to ever call a foul on him and let him get away with everything, including flopping. Then you get a game like yesterday where he fouls out. So fucking inconsistent.

The only thing the NBA is good for is for when Hockey is on a period break or commercial.
Thanks for coming by. Don't bother doing so again.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I do always laugh when I see LeBron lower his shoulder and charge into someone...something you can't even do in the NFL anymore under some circumstances and gets no call yet he gets upset when he gets butterfly slaps from anyone else. Or as the .gif above shows, sasy he doesnt flow and then throws himself onto the floor with little to no contact.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Honestly NBA officiating would probably improve dramatically if the league would just fire Joey Crawford. Although Spurs games where he is part of the crew are incredibly entertaining.
No laughter on the sidelines during those games... don't want to get thrown out

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If/when it ends up being Spurs/Heat in the finals, I hope the Spurs sit their starters for all their games in Miami.
biggrin.png

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Finally some flopping fines. Weird though that they finedtwoPacer players and only one Heat player. Also dirty ass David West got that fucked up foul upgraded to a flagrant.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Did Lebron get fined for that flop in the .gif? If not then it goes even further in showing the league is bias as hell.

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
^^ dirty ass West? A team consisting of Wade, who last year football tackled Darren Collison and this year delivered a flying elbow to Lance, and Battier who has twice tried to kick Hibbert in the groin and you have the nerve to call West dirty? Something in your brain must have been really fucked up at birth. Your DNA must look like a line of broken HTML code.

No flop fine to Wade for his dolphin dive out of bounds? Nice work NBA

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm pretty surprised that they called that a flagrant after review, it looked like he barely touched Wade. If that's a flagrant there are hundreds of other calls they could go back and upgrade to flagrants.

Also, I'm pretty sure the fine for the "retaliation" flop by West (after Lebron acted like someone attempted to murder him for no reason) is the first of its kind. First, Lebron during his flop raked his arm up around West's neck and head which could (emphasis on could) cause someone to naturally react that way. Second, even if that wasn't the case and West can handle that contact without flinching, he was clearly doing it to avoid a bullshit call from Lebron's flop.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Seriously. To me that one looked much worse than what West did.
Wade must have some serious blackmail on David Stern or something. I don't know how else to explain why they decided to turn this above average player into an All-Star by letting him shoot 20 free throws a game and making him a Finals MVP...and overlooking his dirty play and flops. They protect Wade more than Lebron and I just don't get it.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Wade must have some serious blackmail on David Stern or something. I don't know how else to explain why they decided to turn this above average player into an All-Star by letting him shoot 20 free throws a game and making him a Finals MVP...and overlooking his dirty play and flops. They protect Wade more than Lebron and I just don't get it.
<Tin Foil Hat>
Maybe the NBA is protecting Lebron and Wade because they are renegotiating their TV deals earlier than expected and don't want the awesome ratings that would result from a Pacers/Spurs championship this year. Already talk going around about how the Spurs/Grizzlies final was the lowest ratings of any final since the 2007 WCF... The Spurs happen to have won their last championship that year.
</Tin Foil Hat>

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...TV-rights.aspx
wink.png
Just so you all know I'm not kidding about the TV deals part..

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, Wade is really, really good.Definitelyall star level for 7 or so of his seasons and top 10 in the league in a few of those. His best quality, to me at least, is knowing his limitations. I think a lot of players that get the attention he does would jack up a lot more crappy long two pointers. Wade just doesn't do this and never has. It's honestly impressive for a player thats been pampered as much as he has to still have that level of discipline.

Dudes dirty and shouldn't ever be taking 25 free throws though. It's too bad also because if he wasn't such a shithead on the court he'd be one of my favorite players over the past decade.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Did Lebron get fined for that flop in the .gif? If not then it goes even further in showing the league is bias as hell.
Yes he was

The NBA handed down a flurry of discipline for flopping and flagrant fouls from Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals, including a $5,000 fine to LeBron James.