NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Birdman better watch his back. Nobody fucks with Psycho T and gets away with it.

Indy missing tons of point blank layups, and still lead. No surprise that the teams that have given Miami the most problems since LBJ showed up have good, serviceable bigs. Also why Miami pounding OKC in the finals last season was no surprise - no presence. OKC would be wise to offer up RW for an average pg, and a good to great big.... not sure it'd be possible, but they'd be a better team for it.
No way, they have a ton of assets. Use them wisely and land a solid C.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wonder where mipplol is posting. You know he isn't watching these games without venting somewhere on the internet. There are probably some google searches we could come up with to locate him.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I got negative rep the last time I said this but I miss baiting Mippo into writing a novel about anything Heat related.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
No way, they have a ton of assets. Use them wisely and land a solid C.
If they could do that, even better. Even though I still don't like OKC that much, I went ahead and bought club level season tickets for next season.... Don't want it to be in vein.

As for tonight, I wish we had Mippo back - so he could go on more 500 word tirades about how Wade is carrying Miami. Looooool.

Jovec

?
Birdman better watch his back. Nobody fucks with Psycho T and gets away with it.

Indy missing tons of point blank layups, and still lead. No surprise that the teams that have given Miami the most problems since LBJ showed up have good, serviceable bigs. Also why Miami pounding OKC in the finals last season was no surprise - no presence. OKC would be wise to offer up RW for an average pg, and a good to great big.... not sure it'd be possible, but they'd be a better team for it.
They always talk about matchups but it's about forcing your playstyle and making the other team adjust. OKC beat SA last year with Duncan inside. Lakers went back to back and 3 straight finals forcing teams to matchup with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom, and got their ass handed to them when D'antoni wasted Howard and Gasol with small ball.

If the Heat play a better small ball / up-tempo game than the Pacers play inside / half-court, they win. And vice-versa. Westbrook is a force and brings toughness they otherwise lack, and OKC would probably be better keeping Durant and Westbrook, dumping Perkins, and either really developing Ibaka or use him for trade-bait. Even a Chandler/Asik/Lopez type would be enough for OKC.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haslem is 7/8 for 14 points. Really, Wade and Bosh are just scrub bench players at this point. They are going to be in trouble when they face a real offense.

LeBron basically said fuck my team, I'm not losing this game. Dude is amazing to watch when he enters FU mode.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Haslem is 7/8 for 14 points. Really, Wade and Bosh are just scrub bench players at this point. They are going to be in trouble when they face a real offense.

LeBron basically said fuck my team, I'm not losing this game. Dude is amazing to watch when he enters FU mode.
They gave Haslem the same uncontested shot like 5 times and he made every one. They were forced to chose between guarding him or helping against Lebron in the lane, and it just wasn't working out

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
3 backcourt points for the Pacers. George Hill needs to go the Cerrano route and say fuck you Jobu I'll do it myself since the God he credits at the beginning of every sentence obviously isn't helping him. Stephenson awful tonight... just awful.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
So Spurs/Miami. If Miami only shows up with Lebron/Haslem they lose. If Wade and Bosh show up too they win. Thats my gut feeling.
Hard to call though after how badly everyone blew calling the Spurs/Grizzlies series. Even Spurs fans on Pounding the Rock blog weren't
saying sweep.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Spurs seem to old to keep up with the Heat. I expect a sweep by the Heat if Indy can't pull out some magic.