NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
My question is what kind of shit storm would've happened if LeBron would have opted out of his contract after the Finals loss and signed with Golden State.

The only good thing about the KD to GS is they can't keep them all so eventually they'll break that team up. KD is just ring chasing any way I can't see him staying there long term.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The Warriors were an entertaining pile of garbage for decades. They're only in this position due to 3 great draft picks which included some kindness by the likes of the Wolves and Kings for picking guys like Rubio, Flynn, and Jimmer ahead of Curry and Klay.

The Chris Paul to Lakers situation was a really weird one where the league owned NO at the time so they had some say in the deal. It shouldn't be brought up as some counterexample. If NO had an owner at the time of course they could have traded Paul wherever they wanted for whatever they wanted as long as salary requirements were met.

The great thing about the NBA is that shit teams can always hope they are one pick away from having their fortunes turned, and you might not even know when it happens. For example, speaking of the Bucks. Entirely possible Giannis could be looked at as the best player in the league in a few years if he develops a J at all.

Yeah, Giannis will be looked at as the best player in the league when he's playing for like one of five teams. The NBA is fucking retarded. The Warriors are completely inexcusable. The league statistically and provably has the worst parity of any sports league by a fucking mile, despite the fact that literally everyone makes the playoffs every year. It is completely retarded that a team like the Warriors can exist in this league.

I mean cool, maybe Draymond Green will fucking fagout like he is wont to do and the Cavs can win another championship. Most likely though? This team is starting four fucking All Stars. We have an NBA team starting four fucking All Stars and nobody cares. It's the literal dumbest fucking league of all sports.

They played like human fucking trash last night and still won by like ten. Cool. This is so fun. I totally want to tune into this every year.

P.S. Give me back my fucking Supersonics, you faggot fucking league. Only in the NBA could a beloved team that has a massive fanbase just be stolen to fucking Oklahoma.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I am the biggest Cavs fan in the world now. I hope nobody from the stolen Supersonics ever experiences any success.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The max contract shit needs to go. If you're going to get paid the same no matter where you go, then players will all choose teams with no state tax, better nightlife, or where they're likely to win a championship and make more $ from endorsement deals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I started hitting it last night, but either way, justify this league to me. Every star just loses for a while and then sifts their way to like two teams. It is completely fucking retarded that KD is allowed to be on the GSWs. The Timberwolves are never, EVER, going to win a championship. It is literally impossible for them to win. Oh they drafted a hall of famer? They'll never even get close. That hall of famer is leaving for an east or west coast team to win, period. That must be fun for Minnesota.

COOL LEAGUE. It's so fucking retarded, and if you argue against that fact you're fucking retarded too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Can't wait for Gordon Hayward to be shipped off to another team next year. That'll keep me interested, as a Utah fan. GOOD LEAGUE.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The great thing about the NBA is that shit teams can always hope they are one pick away from having their fortunes turned, and you might not even know when it happens. For example, speaking of the Bucks. Entirely possible Giannis could be looked at as the best player in the league in a few years if he develops a J at all.

The fuck you talking about. Giannis is an amazing player. He will probably win a championship and an MVP at some point. It will not be with the Bucks.

The NBA is the dumbest fucking league in all of professional sports. I challenge anyone to argue otherwise.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Warriors were terrible for a really long time dude. Sounds like you're confusing them with what the Lakers used to be.

15 years ago today. Maybe my favorite press conference.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah they were terrible until San Francisco became like literally the best place to live on Earth if money didn't matter.

Chris Mullen sure had a ton of success, right?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Guys, I have the high ground. I will fucking destroy you if you try to defend this retarded fucking league.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Why don't you guys take a break and go read the list of NBA champions. It's like literally all the teams you would expect and like one time the Sonics and one time the Mavericks because Dirk is a fucking badass. That's it. The league is fucking retarded.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why don't you guys take a break and go read the list of NBA champions. It's like literally all the teams you would expect and like one time the Sonics and one time the Mavericks because Dirk is a fucking badass. That's it. The league is fucking retarded.

2/3rds of the league have won a championship.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Cavs about to sweep again. But they're only starting 3 all stars! Cannot even fathom who will win between the two teams everyone on planet Earth would be in the finals again.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
2/3rds of the league have won a championship.

Yeah, once upon a time this league wasn't a faggot fucking retard league and teams that weren't on the coasts and/or San Antonio could do anything. Wikipedia it. It was kinda a fun time.

Last edited:

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Goodnight sweet Raptors. Let's all remember the Cavs aren't good the East is weak.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
In the NFL, Greenbay can win numerous Super Bowls. In the NBA, Aaron Rodgers is traded to the Lakers after 6 years of failure.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Yankees