NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jordan never played a finals without Pippen and Rodman. LeBron played one without KI and Love and still went 6 games against GSW.

This is wrong. Rodman came for the second set of the three-peat. He was not present during the first 3. That was the Jordan, Pippen, BJ Armstrong, Horace Grant, and shitty center team led by Bill Cartright.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If Pippen wasn't that good it just makes Jordan look worse when Pippen takes the same team minus Jordan to a game 7 against the eventual East Champs. Horrible call in game 5 of that series too or the Bulls would've won that game.

Pippen absolutely was that good.

Look what you guys are saying about MJ - greatest ever, unguardable, way way way above anyone else in the league back then.

If that's true, and it is, and he retires wouldn't you assume if Pippen wasn't a top tier guy that the Bulls struggle? They won 55 games.

Pippen said himself that year enabled him to step out of MJs shadow. When MJ came back they were equals - which was said by both of them.

All I'm saying is these implications about LeBron's teams being so much better, why do they basically become lottery teams when he leaves?

The Heat went from 4 straight Finals to a second round loss and they still had Wade and Bosh. The guys who apparently carried LeBron those four years.

The arguments presented don't hold weight.
Uh, the Heat didn't go to the playoffs the season after Lebron left. Bosh missed the last half of the season. It's so weird that you completely just ignore/forget a team when your favorite player leaves.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
This is wrong. Rodman came for the second set of the three-peat. He was not present during the first 3. That was the Jordan, Pippen, BJ Armstrong, Horace Grant, and shitty center team led by Bill Cartright.

I knew someone would misunderstand my meaning. I was comparing the second Bulls three-peat team to LeBron's current Cavs.

I understand the first Bulls 3 peat team had Grant instead of Rodman but the point remains. Jordan never played a Finals with his other big teammates injured.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Uh, the Heat didn't go to the playoffs the season after Lebron left. Bosh missed the last half of the season. It's so weird that you completely just ignore/forget a team when your favorite player leaves.

Ah, for some reason I thought they did. Well the fact they didn't just makes my point even better haha.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This discussion happens every year during playoffs. So tiresome.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This discussion happens every year during playoffs. So tiresome.
Every discussion with Gaige is tiresome.

He always wonders about the hate Lebron gets, and it really is quite simple. The guy bolted to Miami when things got too hard in Cleveland, and was an absolute douche about how he did it as well. He cries like a little bitch ALL the time, whether it be in game for not getting calls or to the press about wanting a better team. If Lebron had stuck it out in Cleveland originally, quit his bitching all the time, and showed the slightest bit of humility, he would have all the respect in the world.

And nobody shows Gaige any respect because he is literally the only person that I know of on the planet who does not root for a team, but roots for one player. It is the gayest shit I have ever heard.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hey, are the Finals here yet? Are people actually watching the first few rounds?

Clippervention incoming. Break that shit apart.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hey, are the Finals here yet? Are people actually watching the first few rounds?

The Rockets-Spurs series might end up being the most competitive of any matchup.

• 1Solidarity

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ameraves Ameraves left out how lebron is a top 5 flopper in the league as well. Can you imagine Bird, Magic or Jordan flopping around like that?

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
If he doesn't exaggerate contact he wouldn't get calls. DeRozan killing the Cavs right now.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah we were getting killed the first half and looked like garbage. But the second half has been all Cavs.

Lebron is a flopper but he's not as bad as he used to be. He was terrible with the flops during his first run with the Cavs and then with Miami.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If he doesn't exaggerate contact he wouldn't get calls. DeRozan killing the Cavs right now.
This is the stupidest excuse, and you always come back to this same one. There is literally no excuse for flopping the way he does. I mean at this point many of the NBA players do it, but Lebron excels at it. A guy his size and strength should be able avoid to go flying across the court at the slightest touch.

• 1Solidarity

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Truthfully, a guy his size can shrug off almost any of the contact he gets, sometimes including getting wrapped up. Simply due to his much bigger physique, strength and size. Which is why if he doesn't exaggerate contact he wouldn't get calls because he'd finish anyway. Does he take it too far sometimes? Sure. Is he as bad as Harden? Nah.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, at least you can admit he overly exaggerates it. Harden is pretty bad as well, not sure he is worse though.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I always sort of felt he was a bit overrated. I mean he's obviously a great player, but not an all time all time guy.

I disagree. He's second on the all-time scoring list. Granted he was being fed the ball by the best passer ever and the lack of a championship is very disappointing, but still.

Sterling

El Presidente
I disagree. He's second on the all-time scoring list. Granted he was being fed the ball by the best passer ever and the lack of a championship is very disappointing, but still.
No I get all that and I'm not suggesting he's not a Hall of Famer or whatever. But people often say he's the best PF ever or maybe 2nd after Duncan. I think Garnett and Barkley are better and probably Dirk also. It's the same shit that comes up when people talk about Favre for the NFL.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Harden didn't get another of his flops and it looks good seeing the Spurs win without Harden getting the same old bullshit calls that keep him in the conversation. I think the NBA probably cleans up a lot of that shit next year. It makes the games almost unwatchable. It's like watching a game of horse but the guys don't have to go anywhere but the FT line.

No matter where you look in 80s and 90s BB, you don't see the loaded teams of today. Rodman was a defensive and rebound phenom but the guy could barely score. If you had two great scorers then? You were in great shape. Today, the top teams have at least 3. Look at OKC. Two of the most talented players to ever play couldn't do it except when they had Harden and still fell a bit short. That's ridiculous.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Spurs worry me considerably more than the Rockets. Dubs perimeter defense is the best in the league and that counteracts one of Houston's greatest strength. Ignoring the vast defensive margin between the two teams. Warriors always struggle against elite defensive teams.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
3 and 4. Should be 4 and 3 imo.

LOL. Should be 1 and 5.

Injuries are not a reason to say he should have won a finals. They happen, and most of the all-time greats may have missed out on title chances due to them. But its fucking stupid to say if Irving and Love were healthy that they would have won. Who knows. Irving played most of game 1. It was a great game, but the Warriors won. Love is not a good player to put out there in a matchup vs. us and doesn't scare me at all, I don't see him moving the needle on a series like that. His absence might have frankly helped them by allowing them to put more defensive minded guys out there that could ugly the series up.

Lebron was amazing in games 5-7 last year, but his move to actually try to get his competition suspended and the NBA giving in when Lebron instigated everything on the play, will forever be gay as fuck. The NBA only did it to extend the series and pander to their biggest star. Nothing in that situation warranted a suspension, and techs in earlier rounds should not affect the outcome of the finals.

Of course the silver lining is Durant going to the Dubs is a direct result of that decision. So in bitching out to win a title he otherwise wouldn't have, Lebron put in motion events that may really make that his last title.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users