NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Good thing I was talking about thr Dallas finals. Nice rant though.

Also I I don't see how exploiting a mental weakness in Green makes LeBron anything other than smart. He got into Draymond's head and it helped turn the series.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
LeBron should have faced punishment as well for that bullshit. He practically tea bagged Green.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
He stepped over Green. Nothing malicious about it. When you're playing against a mentally weak player with a tendency to kick, push and prod who you know is right on the edge with technicals and the like you play into his weakness.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, maybe I'm pulling a Gaige. But he was not the 2nd best player in the league at any time that I can think of. He definitely was top five though.
Pippen being the 2nd best player in the league is a horrifically laughable statement. Pippen could play, but there were much better players. Olajuwon, Shaq, Malone, the list really goes on. Pippen is not a Top 5 player even if he wasn't with Jordan, and even with him there were better players in the league.

Anyone who thinks there is any remote conversation around why Jordan is the greatest of all-time. Please go watch some highlight videos. His arsenal of moves from anywhere on the court are just far superior to anyone who has ever played the game. His quickness is out of this planet as well. His athleticism translated perfectly to the game, it's not even close.

Ps. Dallas was just the better team over Miami, get over it. They are one massive choke job away from only beating a young Thunder team for a title.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Pippen gets downplayed yet Jordan never went anywhere without him. Makes sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Good thing I was talking about thr Dallas finals. Nice rant though.

No idea how the Dallas series should have been a win.. Yeah, on paper Miami should not have lost with their super team against an aging 1-star team. That type of shit doesn't happen in the NBA. But Dallas was clearly the better team, Dirk was the most dominant player of those playoffs, and I have no idea how you think that should have been a win for Miami.

Point is, Lebron is much closer to being 1-5 in the finals than 4-3.

Yeah, that Thunder series was the only clear win Lebron has had in the finals, and even that one was probably closer than it should have been considering how young the Thunder were. OKC was actually up 1-0 in that series and every game was pretty competitive. One game into that series, there was a serious question as to whether KD was about to leapfrog Lebron as the best player in the game.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Yup 1 game into it KD was amazing 4 games later LeBron is a champion and KD has been an afterthought ever since. One who had to one up LeBron the only way he could and join the superteam that beat him in the WCF in an attempt to ride their coattails past LeBron who has owned his ass every single time they go against each other.

All the hate LeBron gets KD should get tenfold.

Last edited:

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Pippen being the 2nd best player in the league is a horrifically laughable statement.

Jordan, the GOAT, the head and shoulders better than everyone in the entire league, retires.

Are the Bulls decimated by the loss of a once in a lifetime talent becoming a 10 win lottery team?

Nope. They win 55 games being led by Scottie Pippen to the playoffs and basically a horrible call away from the ECF.

Teams lose LeBron and are in the lottery.

OKC lost Durant and got waxed in the first round with a MVP candidate triple doubling his way through the season.

So either Jordan wasn't that good or Pippen was. Can't have it both ways.

Oh, and like previously mentioned, Daly, the coach of the dream team said Pippen was the second best player on that squad.

Oh ya and show me what Jordan won besides scoring titles prior to the Bulls drafting Pippen?

Scottie Pippen was the 2nd-best player of the 90s

A deep analytical look at Scottie

Last edited:

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Yup 1 game into it KD was amazing 4 games later LeBron is a champion and KD has been an afterthought ever since.

Right, because OKC traded Harden for nothing, a year lost to injury, an inefficient superstar teammates to have to play with in Westbrook, and above all having a tougher path to get to the finals every year than Lebron does. If KD had been on superteams in the East for the past 7 years and Lebron had been the one playing with Westbrook having to try to beat the Spurs, Warriors, etc. in the West every year, KD would be the one with 7 straight finals appearances and would also have gotten at least a couple wins there. Lebron playing with Westbrook would be an ugly tandem assuming the same amount of shooters that have been there the past 5 years. Good chance they wouldn't have made the finals either in that timeframe. If Lebron couldn't or could barely beat the Spurs playing with Bosh, Wade, and Allen, he'd have had no chance to beat them playing with Westbrook and that OKC squad.

These are all the reason why KD went to the Warriors. He doesn't think Lebron is better than he is and thinks its bullshit that he gets so much more adulation for being able to pick his superteams in a pathetic conference that nearly guarantees him a spot in the finals every single year. KD said fuck this, I'm going to guarantee myself a spot in the finals too and we'll see whats up.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
KD had his chance to form a Big 3 with the Wizards, his hometown team and play in the easy East and coast to Finals like LeBron supposedly has.

He ran away and joined the team he couldn't beat instead.

If KD truly thought he was better than LeBron he would've joined the Wizards, and led his hometown team to a title while tossing LeBron out of the playoffs before he even had a chance to get to 7 straight.

Nothing you're saying about KD makes any sense at all.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Harden didn't get another of his flops and it looks good seeing the Spurs win without Harden getting the same old bullshit calls that keep him in the conversation. I think the NBA probably cleans up a lot of that shit next year. It makes the games almost unwatchable. It's like watching a game of horse but the guys don't have to go anywhere but the FT line.

No matter where you look in 80s and 90s BB, you don't see the loaded teams of today. Rodman was a defensive and rebound phenom but the guy could barely score. If you had two great scorers then? You were in great shape. Today, the top teams have at least 3. Look at OKC. Two of the most talented players to ever play couldn't do it except when they had Harden and still fell a bit short. That's ridiculous.

You really don't think the Lakers and Celtics from the 80s were loaded? The Lakers had four straight years and 6 out of 8 with three players in the All Star Game. Boston had five straight and 7 out of 8 with three All-Stars. They both had some very good non All-Star players too (Dennis Johnson, for example)

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think KD just wanted to play on the funnest team in basketball.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Here is where I get to laugh at the NBA.

They suspended Wiz rookie Oubre for shoving Olynyk after a hard screen.

Tonight almost the same play happened with KD shoving/elbowing Gobert in retaliation.

Does the NBA have the guts to suspend KD as well?

Should put it out there I didn't agree with the Oubre suspension at all. Just curious to see if thr precedent set is kept.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Should put it out there I didn't agree with the Oubre suspension at all. Just curious to see if thr precedent set is kept.

So it's OK to go after a dude almost half a court away, thru a ref, and then punch said dude. Crack kills man.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
He came from the 3P line and pushed him. Definitely was next to a ref, wasn't through him. I think it was a stupid ass play, but I also think the flagrant and ejection were enough punishment.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I like how Chris Paul couldn't be traded to the Lakers, and yet the Golden State Warriors are allowed to start literally four All Stars. What a fucking fun league as a fan. I cannot wait to watch Cavs vs. Warriors for 8 years in gotdan mfucking a row because of this stupid fucking faggot format.

The worst part is that some of you had the audacity to complain about baseball and the Yankees.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
It's gotta be super fun in this league to be a fan of the Atlanta Hawks, or the Milwaukee Bucks. Let's just force-feed all the talent to three teams every year cool system.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
While I don't disagree that the current state of GS is stupid, you picked an odd team to make your point. Milwaukee is one of the more fun up and coming young teams in the league right now.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
The Warriors were an entertaining pile of garbage for decades. They're only in this position due to 3 great draft picks which included some kindness by the likes of the Wolves and Kings for picking guys like Rubio, Flynn, and Jimmer ahead of Curry and Klay.

The Chris Paul to Lakers situation was a really weird one where the league owned NO at the time so they had some say in the deal. It shouldn't be brought up as some counterexample. If NO had an owner at the time of course they could have traded Paul wherever they wanted for whatever they wanted as long as salary requirements were met.

The great thing about the NBA is that shit teams can always hope they are one pick away from having their fortunes turned, and you might not even know when it happens. For example, speaking of the Bucks. Entirely possible Giannis could be looked at as the best player in the league in a few years if he develops a J at all.

Last edited: