NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Uber Uberest Uber Uberest here you go. Sorry, I was super lazy and didn't resize it

e3997a32272319.5677d286592e7.png

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Cool to see the Celtics making a game of this and not backing down and giving up like that Spurs did.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I wouldn't doubt it. Also helps that Smart is unconscious right now. Probably hasn't played like this since his Oklahoma State days.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
That roll was crazy lol.

Two things:

I'm glad the Cavs lost before the Finals so all these guys trying to hype them up can fuck off and they'll go into the Finals as underdogs to the Warriors superteam as they should be.

Something like 92% chance for Warriors title vs 8% for the Cavs.

Now the media can avoid this battle of the 12-0 powerhouses going into the Finals.

Second, if LeBron as an off night at all, anyone can beat the Cavs despite all this talent they seem to have.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unbelievable. Marcus Smart hits 8 3s? lol. LeBron 11 points. Cavs still win 4-1 this was just a bizzaro night.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That roll was crazy lol.

Two things:

I'm glad the Cavs lost before the Finals so all these guys trying to hype them up can fuck off and they'll go into the Finals as underdogs to the Warriors superteam as they should be.

Something like 92% chance for Warriors title vs 8% for the Cavs.

Now the media can avoid this battle of the 12-0 powerhouses going into the Finals.

Second, if LeBron as an off night at all, anyone can beat the Cavs despite all this talent they seem to have.
If I were a Cavs fan, I would actually 100% agree with this. I think the pressure around going undefeated through the playoffs would be too much. And up until this point the Cavs looked almost as unbeatable as the Warriors, and this will swing a lot of it back to the Warriors.

But clearly this all comes down to one thing. Lebron has a bad game, and the Cavs lose. It is really as simple as that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Cavs have a sub 10% chance to win the Finals or anything drastic like that, but it really showcases just how integral to the team Lebron is. They literally built themselves into a corner that is going to fall apart when he starts declining hard.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
The %s I quoted were BPI from Five Thirty Eight I believe. Saw it on ESPN somewhere this morning.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus, that's a bit harsh hah. I mean the Warriors are obviously as stacked as can be, but that's some pretty ridiculous disparity, even given tonight's performance.