NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The only winless teams left are the Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, and the LA Lakers. Best season start ever.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only winless teams left are the Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, and the LA Lakers. Best season start ever.

Lakers play the Twolves tomorrow night. I expect us to give them their first win because that is just how my team rolls. lol :(

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
0-5 Lakers, thankfully we didn't lose to them! I miss you Pat Bev!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And apparently they're getting Udoka, heh. For the Nots, I can only hope Durant gets all bitchy and creates a dozen fake twitter handles to bitch and moan while passive aggressively demanding a trade, Kyrie starts talking about gassing the fake white Jews or tossing them over the side of the flat Earth, and Simmons starts wearing an adult diaper out on the court while embarking on a 43 game shotless streak.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
lol, I think KD is the BIGGEST BITCH in the league, but at least he owned/made this statement in an interview as opposed to posting it on a burner account.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This Mavs vs. Rockets game with Luka getting rest tonight should be validation anyone needs about whom the MVP in this league is so far this year...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
lol, I think KD is the BIGGEST BITCH in the league, but at least he owned/made this statement in an interview as opposed to posting it on a burner account.

What a bitch. Just remember I said to keep the youngins when KD was on the trade block supposedly. Now them Celtics looking not good but great! Fuck this hanging on loser.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That was genuinely the best single game performance I’ve ever seen. Unreal how incompetent Cuban has to be to have this kid and still languish at .500. You have a MJ. LBJ. Magic and bird all rolled into one. Love my Slovenian son

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah that was a helluva performance. Mavs should be way scarier with a player like that. I feel like it's a coaching thing. It took Kerr to realize the potential of a team built around Curry. Curry was that dude for a couple years with Mark Jackson but we were a semi team at best. In comes Kerr and we win a championship immediately.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that was a helluva performance. Mavs should be way scarier with a player like that. I feel like it's a coaching thing. It took Kerr to realize the potential of a team built around Curry. Curry was that dude for a couple years with Mark Jackson but we were a semi team at best. In comes Kerr and we win a championship immediately.
Kidd has not been great this year by any means, but he worked magic last year. I really think it's a talent gap, mainly. Finney-Smith, Kleber, Dinwiddie, these guys I think look "solid" because they play with Luka. They have two, two total ball handlers on the team - that's just unacceptable.

Also, none of the wings can drive or dribble to save their lives. They really need some guys who can pass, and dribble a bit. Also, just better physical talent.

Edit: Our front office has been absolutely horrific. Just embarrassing - Cuban and Co. has really been blessed to have Dirk and now Luka, or they'd be a bottom-feeder organization.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Luka just put that whole organization on notice that the clock is ticking. This season is a wash and he knows it. They don’t have the assets to make a meaningful deadline move. They have full control of their future picks this summer though, and they better make a very significant move.

I’d love to see the Mavs grab Siakam to pair with Luka. Could definitely get a deal done with Toronto if they choose to prioritize the Anunoby/Barnes core after a partial blowup if they miss the playoffs.

I’m not a fan of the Zach Lavine option at all. He (and Beal) got way overpaid recently and those contracts will come back to haunt those organizations.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Luka just put that whole organization on notice that the clock is ticking. This season is a wash and he knows it. They don’t have the assets to make a meaningful deadline move. They have full control of their future picks this summer though, and they better make a very significant move.

I’d love to see the Mavs grab Siakam to pair with Luka. Could definitely get a deal done with Toronto if they choose to prioritize the Anunoby/Barnes core after a partial blowup if they miss the playoffs.

I’m not a fan of the Zach Lavine option at all. He (and Beal) got way overpaid recently and those contracts will come back to haunt those organizations.
That's definitely my preferred, semi-realistic route. There was a ton of Draymond Green free agency signing buzz to start the year. That being said, are you really going to pay Draymond a max? Eh.

I think the Mavs will explore moving longer term deals, even if it means dumping a valuable player or two. They have to know they need a reset. I think Josh Green will be off the block outside a big "star" trade, which is way more likely to happen in the off-season, as Quaid said. Green has just taken too big of a step forward this year: he brings elite defensive ability, with a new shot (that looks fantastic), and the ability to run and play make, which is what teams want in these new 3&D wings - an ability to get the ball moving multiple different ways.

• 2Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
All this Mavericks world posting reminded me that Cuban picked a Quant and his alleged sexual predator assistant over the guy that got both Dirk and Luka for his franchise. Wonder what happened to that lawsuit, settled behind the scenes?

Too early to feel sorry for Luka. He signed his supermax, is still only 23 - they just need to wait for some of these shitty contracts to expire. And they still have an outside shot to make it out of the west this year on Luka's greatness alone. 0.500 in the west at this point is not the end of the world. It's deep, there's a lot of parity, but no apparent dominant favorite at the moment.

• 1Like

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider

Mavs should be going after Turner and Buddy Heild