NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Mavs should be going after Turner and Buddy Heild
Replacing middling role players with other slightly less middling role players does not seem like the best course of action to me. Especially if that’s gonna cost first round picks, which it would for Turner or Hield. Also Hield is too old for Luka’s timeline. No thanks.

They need a reliable 3-level scorer that makes defences pay when they double Luka, is long enough to pester the offensive glass, and can help Mavs undersized centres defend the paint.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm ready for the Timberwolves to be relocated and team name changed, so I don't have to give a fuck about this team anymore.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Another 50+ point night for Luka, and another just avoided disastrous game for the Mavs.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Reggie Bullock is absolute dead weight on that team.
Which is such a shame because he is/was a really solid 3&D guy. I wouldn't mind attaching him to a contract. Some team would find him useful as a 3&D, if he returns to the mean, shooting-wise.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
71 points on 34 shots from Donovan Mitchel tonight, most since Kobe in 2006. It's nice seeing a successful Cavaliers team that isn't run by egomaniacs.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
71 points on 34 shots from Donovan Mitchel tonight, most since Kobe in 2006. It's nice seeing a successful Cavaliers team that isn't run by egomaniacs.

I’m happy for Mitchel. He was rotting next to that pylon Gobert. Now the same thing happening to Edwards.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That was some vintage Klay Thompson last night. Great to see.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dubs down 5 guys and even had Jordan Poole playing for the hawks and still eeeked out a win. Lost some years watching that one

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dubs down 5 guys and even had Jordan Poole playing for the hawks and still eeeked out a win. Lost some years watching that one

I think Wiggins and Curry missing this time has been really good for the team. Young guys are getting more playtime to figure out their roles and gain some confidence. Wild that they have a winning streak going without them because this team really should be pretty bad without Curry.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I think Wiggins and Curry missing this time has been really good for the team. Young guys are getting more playtime to figure out their roles and gain some confidence. Wild that they have a winning streak going without them because this team really should be pretty bad without Curry.

Agree that its been good for the team. Disagree that they "should be bad" without Curry. Highlight again that the primary reason this team won the title last year was defense, Curry was #2. Without Curry, the defense should still be good, and there's still enough offensive talent between Poole, Klay, Wiggins, Donte, etc for the team to be pretty average overall. Not good, not bad. Sort of the like the Clippers have been the last couple years when PG and Kawhi are out. Curry takes an average team offensively and makes them elite.

The big mystery with this team is the disparity between home and road, and particularly why the defense has been so so bad on the road, but still very good at home. Hopefully this home win streak is igniting something that will lead to more consistent road performances overall as well.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Why do the Mavs insist on pairing Luka with another ball-dominate player?? I understand we have one of the worst front offices in the NBA but damn.
I’m pretty sure the primary reason Luka is so ball dominant is because the players around him are mostly dogshit.

If you watch the Mavs a lot you can tell the games where he’s like ‘ok I’m gonna pass a ton tonight and get everyone involved’ only for his shooters to brick everything and slashers to miss open layups. Then he inevitably figures it out about 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter and goes iso-beast-mode. He TRIES to hand off ball handling duties and manage his exertion while he’s on the floor, but then Spencer “LEROY JENKINS” Dinwiddie tries to drive on a superior defender and Dwight Powell has a seizure in the post.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
As someone that grew up with Laker Showtime, I am okay with this.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
LOL LIES!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH
Me or the tweet? Honestly I really don't care anymore about the NBA, once they put BLM on the court I noped out. I have yet to watch a game this, I have only seen some highlights. I use to defend LeBroni, but after his China Double Talk and various other comments he can get fucked. Greatest top 5 all-time, sure but I don't have to like him. Basically once he started getting political my interest in the NBA started to fade and like I said the BLM logo was the final straw for me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Me or the tweet? Honestly I really don't care anymore about the NBA, once they put BLM on the court I noped out. I have yet to watch a game this, I have only seen some highlights. I used to defend LeBroni, but after his China Double Talk and various other comments he can get fucked. Greatest top 5 all-time, sure but I don't have to like him. Basically once he started getting political my interest in the NBA started to fade and like I said the BLM logo was the final straw for me.
Yeah, the source there sucks. You can't be traded for six months after you sign an extension and I think that would put him after the trade deadline.

Plus, honestly, at this point I'm guessing he cares as much or more about passing Kareem (as a Laker, in particular) and developing his business ventures than in winning another championship.

• 2Like