NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dunk of the season so far!

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Bucks coach fired at 30-13 and second in the league. Bucks really love firing coaches with good records. Yeah, their defense has slipped, but they traded for Lilliard after all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Luka with 73 points on 33 shots. Amazing stuff. That the team needed every bit of it says a lot about the Mavs, I think.

Two 70 point and three 60 point games this season already, crazy. I know some people hate the game nowadays but I'll take this over the 90's.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Shoots 75% from the field (layup shooting percentages), double teamed almost the entire second half, 10 boards 7 assists (should have had 15 but his teammates are ass) and was hitting wide open teammates end of regulation instead of chasing more buckets and all I hear all weekend is how shitty the NBA is now. I've not seen a single one of these racist pieces of dogshit on national tv call it out for what it really was - the most efficient, effortless 70 burger of all time.

NBA is covered by (Stephen A, Bill Simmons, etc etc) and watched by almost exclusively faggots (guess that's me too). If that was Lebron, Steph, SGA, whoever the fuck we'd never hear the end of it. Fuck, Embiid had 70 last week and he was unquestionably MVP - show me one clip of anyone of note saying that about Luka after last nights display (which was the single best game I've ever seen a player have, ever). He's an annoying ass, hyper competitive turd sometimes but I'm not sure I can think of another player in any other sport that is as good as he is, whilst receiving the amount of schtick he receives night in night out. Not just this season, they've been on his ass from jump for some reason (the obvious reason). Must suck that 2/3 best players in your mickey mouse league are tubby eastern european farmers.

He'll also break out for 80+ at some point soon as well, you can see it when his 3 point ball is falling, there is no way to guard him. Double teams last night he was putting ball on floor and splitting defenders like Westbrook. Insane.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Shoots 75% from the field (layup shooting percentages), double teamed almost the entire second half, 10 boards 7 assists (should have had 15 but his teammates are ass) and was hitting wide open teammates end of regulation instead of chasing more buckets and all I hear all weekend is how shitty the NBA is now. I've not seen a single one of these racist pieces of dogshit on national tv call it out for what it really was - the most efficient, effortless 70 burger of all time.

NBA is covered by (Stephen A, Bill Simmons, etc etc) and watched by almost exclusively faggots (guess that's me too). If that was Lebron, Steph, SGA, whoever the fuck we'd never hear the end of it. Fuck, Embiid had 70 last week and he was unquestionably MVP - show me one clip of anyone of note saying that about Luka after last nights display (which was the single best game I've ever seen a player have, ever). He's an annoying ass, hyper competitive turd sometimes but I'm not sure I can think of another player in any other sport that is as good as he is, whilst receiving the amount of schtick he receives night in night out. Not just this season, they've been on his ass from jump for some reason (the obvious reason). Must suck that 2/3 best players in your mickey mouse league are tubby eastern european farmers.

He'll also break out for 80+ at some point soon as well, you can see it when his 3 point ball is falling, there is no way to guard him. Double teams last night he was putting ball on floor and splitting defenders like Westbrook. Insane.

It’s not just anti-white sentiment with the Luka stuff, but that certainly exists.

The guy might have the most unwatchable demeanor in the league when he’s losing. He behaves like a pre-teen brat if his shots aren’t falling or if, god forbid, refs decide not to call every one of his drives to the basket an and-1.

Watching Mavs games on the regular means you can likely predict the outcome of any game by the 5 minute mark of the second quarter. I’d love to graph the relationship between Luka hanging his head in the first half, and Dallas’ second half performance. Not only that, Luka’s lingering quad & ankle issues have a funny way of cropping up after he’s bricked a couple 3s or left a layup on the rim 🤔

His body language and facial expressions while losing not only destroy his ability to lead his team through hardship, but also destroy his ability to be admired by anyone watching. He’s a textbook poor sport.

In a league dominated by black machismo culture, and media talking heads mostly coming from or glorifying that culture, Luka is gonna be seen as a punk ass bitch until this is addressed. His body type and central-European baby face do not help matters, and it’s always gonna be an uphill battle for him.

He’s my favourite player in the league to watch when he’s winning, and my least favourite to watch when he’s losing. He’s going to continue to get no love in the media, including MVP award voting, until he fixes this.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I think you are in the wrong market maybe. The sports talk shows here in Boston gave Luke more than his due considering it's Boston. More so than Embiid.

PLUS they aren't an elite team. The NBA has always ignored the mid level teams as long as I can remember. Not sure what Dallas's record is right now, but they are what? The sixth or seventh seed out west? Close to a .500 team?

PLUS it's Dallas. They are what...a top five market, and even when they were elite championship caliber with Dirk, they were rarely seen on national games to get Dirk his due. He did get it when he finally won though.

Honestly I am sick of Golden State, LA, Milwaukee every damn night it seems. But they have recently won championships. (or you still remember them winning championships). It would be cool to get more Luka on TV and less Curry chucking up three's.

I know I personally don't care for Luka, the same way I never liked Harden. Their game is/was absolutely top notch, but they play "ugly" for lack of a better word. (Oh god especially Harden) Those types of players don't make for good televised games.

PLUS Luka is perceived (at least my perception) as whiney as fuck when he doesn't get his way. Kinda like Lebron, though Luka is not hated like Lebron, and us old basketball heads can't stand a whiner.

It's definitely not a white thing. The Joker is as white and boring as they come, and he is talked about every single night in some capacity. Because he plays ball. Plays hard, and rarely speaks to the refs even when he clearly has a case for whatever reason. And he is a champion. BUT you didn't hear about him until they started winning.

Simply put. Leave Dallas. Go to ANY other major market that is winning/recently won and he would blow up. Trade Luka to Boston, maybe the Knicks and you would get sick of seeing Luka's face in a week.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
All true and it still pisses me off, haha. If he wasn’t a mav I’d be annoyed af watching him sometimes.

GS/LA are both terrible but last night was game of the year. Like a throwback

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Simply put. Leave Dallas. Go to ANY other major market that is winning/recently won and he would blow up. Trade Luka to Boston, maybe the Knicks and you would get sick of seeing Luka's face in a week.

Not wrong. The Dereck White & Jalen Brunson dick riding is absolutely wild this season.

Last edited:

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Anyone watching the All Star game!? It might be worse than the Pro Bowl at this point. It's almost entertaining watching these lazy fucks playing no D, chucking up 3s or uncontested layups.

There at least used to be some semblance of rivalry or pride or chips on shoulders. Used to be some player to spark a bit of competition going out trying to prove themself.

Now, they're all friends, care more about their social media credibility, and can't even be bothered to pretend they care about the product because they get paid enough fuck you money the fuck you is directed at the fans and NBA itself.

Just your occasional reminder this shit sucks. Like even compared to the scripted NFL and other woke shit, the NBA is the shittiest of a society full of lazy, woke, diversity shit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The two most likable are the white European guys who don’t gaf about the entire charade, which is why the NBA denigrates them at every opportunity. 4/5 best players in the league aren’t even American

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The two most likable are the white European guys who don’t gaf about the entire charade, which is why the NBA denigrates them at every opportunity. 4/5 best players in the league aren’t even American

I hear people say this from time to time and it doesn't align with reality at all. Jokic gets talked about constantly. Probably the highest praised player in the NBA and for good reason.

If anyone hates on Jokic it's the general public fans who think he doesn't appreciate the life he gets to live because they mistake his humility for being ungrateful.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

DickTrickle

I'm sorry but the All-Star game has always been like that, at least from the time I started watching the NBA. I remember All-Star games with Jordan and Kobe that had no defense. I think maybe it just didn't seem quite as bad because the three-point shot wasn't as ubiquitous as it is now.

If it was close in the fourth quarter they would have played more competitively and that's almost always been the case as well. The reality is they don't want to get injured, they're in the middle of the season, and they're playing with people that they haven't played with before. I'm not sure how you get genuinely good basketball out of that.

I hate the idea of any playoff implications coming from an All-Star game. I doubt you can offer enough money to make it compelling while still being financially sensible.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Ehhhh, any white athlete playing basketball is always going to be treated with the ever present "yeah, but..."

That white chick Kaitlin Clarke is very obviously transformational in women's college basketball and the talking heads/weaves constantly disparage her or "yeah, but" her success. So much so she broke the scoring record and a pregame show about her did the yeah, but other black women did other great things first.

Thomas Sowell had a good quote about when people accustomed to special treatment are treated equally it feels to them like discrimination.

Black players have been given such a pass on their bullshit and artificially so elevated for so long in sports they're now crying foul at just seeing other players get attention and accolades the black sports industry doesn't feel are deserved due to the color of white athletes skin.

And of course a bunch of white, liberal cucks accept it because they're cowardly faggots who can't even have some semblance of ethics or morality it something that should be pretty easy, like sports with stats and endless conversation on the merits. Now discussing the actual achievements and merits of a players objective outcomes it totally waycist!!!

It's akin to the cowards that justify illegal immigrant violence because tacos are yummy.

Jokic highest praised player in the NBA? Bullshit. And it's always couched with some racist yeah, but and only after many many years of dominate play was he even grudgingly part of the conversation.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dude you make up your own reality. No one even knows the name of a single other female player except for Candance Parker and the lady who was detained in Russia. Caitlin Clark is the first female basketball player anyone's really given a shit about ever. Everyone is saying she'll be the first WNBA player with an actual big dollar contract. Where the fuck are you seeing this "yeah but" commentary?

And Jokic does get a lot of praise. He's a fucking back to back MVP which immediately goes against this narrative you're trying to push. Maybe the only leg you have to stand on here is that some people are becoming bored of how good Jokic is year in year out.

Just stop watching basketball and posting here. I can't believe you even watched the all star game with how much you hate the NBA. I don't even watch the all star game and I regularly have NBA on in the background while playing guitar and shit. I think you just enjoy hate watching things.

You're Shane Gillis' dad.

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm sorry but the All-Star game has always been like that, at least from the time I started watching the NBA. I remember All-Star games with Jordan and Kobe that had no defense. I think maybe it just didn't seem quite as bad because the three-point shot wasn't as ubiquitous as it is now.

If it was close in the fourth quarter they would have played more competitively and that's almost always been the case as well. The reality is they don't want to get injured, they're in the middle of the season, and they're playing with people that they haven't played with before. I'm not sure how you get genuinely good basketball out of that.

I hate the idea of any playoff implications coming from an All-Star game. I doubt you can offer enough money to make it compelling while still being financially sensible.

The All Star games haven't always been players standing around watching like shitty layup lines or chucking up shitty shits for laughs. There were always rivalries and young players trying to make a name for themselves. And some semblance of professional pride. No, they weren't playing 100% and giving hard fouls, but it still resembled top athletes doing what they do.

And there was a different sense of actually putting on a show for the fans. Now it feels like the focus has shifted to it being about the players and then having fun and getting a mini vacation. There doesn't seem to be any obligation or interest or even the question if they're putting on a good show.

Oh no players who clock tons of time doing the thing they're paid to do suddenly don't want to do it because they might get hurt? Fuck off with that fake because. Nevermind the fact them playing a slow, half assed version is arguably more prone to injury. I guess players should also be half passing it in practice and the off-season too, where like ty of players have private scrimmages or go play fucking street ball.

You don't know how we could get genuinely good basketball out of the top professional athletes all on the court to play the game they e dedicated their lives too? I'm okay with arguments maybe they shouldn't be playing at all, but pretending the quality of the basketball can't be high because they haven't played together? That's sone real retarded shit.

Remember when the Dream Team assembled and it was all the same All Stars and we got stories of the initial scrimmages being some of the best, most competitive basketball ever.... How!? How was that even possible!?!?!?! They weren't accustomed to playing together!!!

Oh weird, the quality of the Dream Team has also turned to shit. No. No way. Let me guess it was always shit, right?

Just acknowledge everything is going to shit and it's easier for cowards to be apologists and cucks instead of just acknowledging the actual reality of shit going to shit.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Dude you make up your own reality. No one even knows the name of a single other female player except for Candance Parker and the lady who was detained in Russia. Caitlin Clark is the first female basketball player anyone's really given a shit about ever. Everyone is saying she'll be the first WNBA player with an actual big dollar contract. Where the fuck are you seeing this "yeah but" commentary?

And Jokic does get a lot of praise. He's a fucking back to back MVP which immediately goes against this narrative you're trying to push. Maybe the only leg you have to stand on here is that some people are becoming bored of how good Jokic is year in year out.

Just stop watching basketball and posting here. I can't believe you even watched the all star game with how much you hate the NBA. I don't even watch the all star game and I regularly have NBA on in the background while playing guitar and shit. I think you just enjoy hate watching things.

You're Shane Gillis' dad.

Feel free to actually read my post instead of strawmanning harder than the black donger you shove up your ass to enjoy basketball.

I didn't say anything about her not being well known or popular or great. I very literally said she's transformational and yet the talking weaves that dominate the discussion constantly disparage and "yeah, but" her success.

I love the argument that it's not happening because you don't pay attention. As I also very literally stated pregame show on a broadcast station talking about that white chick was full of a ton of "yeah, but" bullshit. They did an entire segment on how, aktshully, there were black players did other stuff first. One of the chick heads actual made a point to bring up race in a segment that was only about basketball before they had to "yeah, but" her for being white.

Yeah, I'm unhappy I can't even just watch basketball without having my nosed rubbed in racial issues or social justice bullshit or watching very wealthy men not give a shit about the sport that made them rich and famous.

What do you think is more rational, a man saying he's unhappy with a product and then giving his reasons... Or some bitch cuck arguing that someone else probably doesn't even like something because you think everything is juuuust fine! And then instead of arguing the topic, making bitch ass statements how someone shouldn't watch or post about something because you don't agree.

See you in the gulags, cuck. Hope they have some basketball!