NCAA Tournament Challenge

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was the worst. I agree with checking him for other issues or prior injuries... That seems really bad for such a strong bone (bones?) to just snap after a simple jump. I mean... Nothing happened to him, he just landed on one leg a little awkwardly and boom. Cancer or something terrible like that seems very possible to me. How common is it for a young man to have osteoporosis?

I just got back from D.C. for Easter with the family, everyone was watching as it happened. Really sad. I'm glad Louisville was able to come back from it, well not just came back, more like dominate after it. GG Duke.

In other news!!!: Syracuse! Let's go Orange!
That's 200 something pounds coming down from a 4ft fall. That's not nothing happening. Bones aren't meant to support that kind of weight.

In other news: Happy for Louisville? What the fuck kind of Syracuse fan are you.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
That's 200 something pounds coming down from a 4ft fall. That's not nothing happening. Bones aren't meant to support that kind of weight.

In other news: Happy for Louisville? What the fuck kind of Syracuse fan are you.
He'll have to have someone to cheer for after Michigan beats Syracuse.

Go Michigan!

Charles_sl

shitlord
Well having seen Kevin Ware play in person I can say that he isn't very large. He's a small guard, maybe 6 feet tall and there's no way that he's "200 something pounds." It seemed to me like a person in good health is going to have little problem jumping or even falling from 4 feet up (I doubt that he jumped 4 feet high during his injury), they aren't going to have their leg snapped in two.

And I just searched the Prothro injury, it doesn't sound good as he wasn't able to play again but the video isn't nearly as bad as Kevin Ware's injury. The kid's bone was sticking straight out of his leg clear as day for all to see as he lay there screaming on the basketball court, his teammates immediately drop to the floor and fall out of their seats crying and apparently vomiting. Anyone who calls that injury "pussy" is an absolute retard.

As for what kind of Syracuse fan I am: Lifelong, family full of fans, attendees and graduates, season ticket holder, just came back from D.C., going to Atlanta. What the fuck kind of Syracuse fan are you?

We'll see about your Michigan team. I'm happy that we are playing another Big Ten team because the Big Ten was clearly a garbage conference this year, we've already dominated the Big Ten golden boys who beat you guys every time you played. We absolutely dominate your coach (9-0 at various schools). We have every match up. Trey Burke isn't very big. Your kids are also extremely young and inexperienced, our kids were in the Elite Eight last year.

Let's. Go. Orange.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I lol everytime someone says "The Big 10 is garbage" based off a couple games and what seems like almost random seeding in a tourny.

It's like saying Missouri Valley Conference is better then the ACC.

I dunno who's going to win, but if the Orange try to zone up on Michigan like they have every other game in the tourny they are going to be in for a very rude awakening.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Burke isfinallygetting some NBA draft love based on this tournament performance. He was a late 1st rounder almost all year despite his production and it's not like PGs with great ball vision come around all that often. If he actually ended up slipping out of the lottery I was calling him the steal of the draft. He might even still be that falling into the second half of the non playoff teams like people are projecting now.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well having seen Kevin Ware play in person I can say that he isn't very large. He's a small guard, maybe 6 feet tall and there's no way that he's "200 something pounds." It seemed to me like a person in good health is going to have little problem jumping or even falling from 4 feet up (I doubt that he jumped 4 feet high during his injury), they aren't going to have their leg snapped in two.

And I just searched the Prothro injury, it doesn't sound good as he wasn't able to play again but the video isn't nearly as bad as Kevin Ware's injury. The kid's bone was sticking straight out of his leg clear as day for all to see as he lay there screaming on the basketball court, his teammates immediately drop to the floor and fall out of their seats crying and apparently vomiting. Anyone who calls that injury "pussy" is an absolute retard.

As for what kind of Syracuse fan I am: Lifelong, family full of fans, attendees and graduates, season ticket holder, just came back from D.C., going to Atlanta. What the fuck kind of Syracuse fan are you?

We'll see about your Michigan team. I'm happy that we are playing another Big Ten team because the Big Ten was clearly a garbage conference this year, we've already dominated the Big Ten golden boys who beat you guys every time you played. We absolutely dominate your coach (9-0 at various schools). We have every match up. Trey Burke isn't very big. Your kids are also extremely young and inexperienced, our kids were in the Elite Eight last year.

Let's. Go. Orange.
Me? Born and raise in Syracuse. My family has had season tickets for the basketball team since I was born. In 2003 even though we were stranded and without power for weeks I drove the Dome to watch the final four and subsequently the championship game a week later on big screen TV's with thousands of other people. I've partied with Josh Pace and Hakim Warrick on campus. Waited outside in freezing snow to get autographs from Etan Thomas, Josh Hart, Ryan Blackwell, Allen Griffin, and many many more. I've been taught there's only 3 things in life you can count on. Death, Taxes, and fuck Georgetown. I also know that Rick Pitino got his coaching start as an assistant coach for Boeheim and now he's using said experience against us, SO FUCK HIM TOO!

Tarrant_sl said:
I dunno who's going to win, but if the Orange try to zone up on Michigan like they have every other game in the tourny they are going to be in for a very rude awakening.
Saving this for potential hilarity.
PS: Syracuse hasn't played anything other than the zone in about a decade.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm aware, which is why you were eliminated by a scrub team last year and you have about a 50/50 chance of being knocked out this year too.

I'm not into the whole waving my dick around about teams I'm a fan of so whatever. I think it'll be a good game no matter who comes out the winner.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know, that scrub team crushed Michigan twice in both their meetings (see 20 point victories), and BARELY beat Syracuse in their game. Oh yes lets not forget how we were playing without Fab Melo the most crucial part of the team at the time, I was happy they even made it that far.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Michigan has been awful for over a decade, I'm not sure what your point is. Michigan SHOULD have been crushed, there was no reason for it to not happen.

If that's your defence then it's a pretty weak one. lol

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
How about Trey Burke? You know the only reason Michigan is doing well right now ... I just don't see how you could possibly call Ohio State a scrub team last year when it was the best team they've had in decades. Also, you were the one that compared the previous year teams bro not me, I was just simply pointing out how stupid your argument was.

Either way, you've got one of the best defenses in the league going against one of the best offenses in the league. Most kids don't know how to play against the zone, especially a freshmen center and a sophmore pointguard. But hey we'll see "rude awakening" that happens when Syracuse plays their zone.

darkko_sl

shitlord
I was just having some fun. I do think Syracuse is playing amazing right now. I was thinking last week after they beat Indiana that I was happy they were on the other side of the bracket from us. Then we played godawful and it didn't matter

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was just having some fun. I do think Syracuse is playing amazing right now. I was thinking last week after they beat Indiana that I was happy they were on the other side of the bracket from us. Then we played godawful and it didn't matter
Well I was more referring to this line
Tarrant_sl said:
I'm aware, which is why you were eliminated by a scrub team last year and you have about a 50/50 chance of being knocked out this year too.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's Ohio State, as a Michigan fan where would you ever expect me to not call them a scrub team? Even National Champion Ohio State were all scrubs.
tongue.png

Also if you think Burke is the only one on this team that can do anything you need to pay more attention. He didn't even score in a whole half of play against Flordia and did the same against Kansas. All 5 starters on the floor for Michigan are a threat, Burke just happens to be the biggest. This is why a zone in my opinion will do so poorly against them, you aren't going to slow this team down.

And then I could be totally wrong, either way like I said it should be a great game.

Charles_sl

shitlord
That Ohio State team last year was better than they were this year simply due to Sullinger, they nearly went to the championship game if you remember correctly.

Trey Burke is certainly a good player, I never said that he wasn't. He is a small player though, Michael Carter-Williams is a giant in comparison, Brandon Triche is a monster in comparison. We are good at stopping small guards no matter how good they are, see Peyton Siva and Russ Smith of Louisville for example.

I had Michigan in my Elite Eight losing to Florida. Sure they beat Florida handily but Syracuse beat the same Florida team WITH the addition of Bradley Beal (lottery pick in the NBA draft) last year. Michigan is good and they're playing very well but they're young, their kids are undersized compared to ours, their coach (also buddies with and helped by Boeheim) has been shut down by Syracuse every time he has played them. So no, I don't think that Michigan is going to have an easy time with our zone defense as no Beilein has EVER had an easy time with the Syracuse zone.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Yeah we'll see. It's going to be a good, tough game I'm sure. Syracuse always plays the zone though, that's our defense. It won't be any different against Michigan. I'm not too worried about it because as I said, no John Beilein team has ever had an easy time with Syracuse's zone defense. John Beilein, you know, the guy who is going to be preparing your Michigan kids for the game? So really I think that it's silly to say that Michigan is going to have an easy time with the zone. If anyone is going to have an easy time with the other teams defense I think Syracuse with have an easier time with Michigan's man to man simply based on the match-ups.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Where did I say it was going to be an easy time? I just said you woul dbe in for a rude awakening that it wont be nearly as effective as you think it will be.

You're getting all butt hurt dude, stop. Like I said, I'm not into waving my dick around about college basketball. I just hope it's a good game. If you want to get into a dick waving contest I'm sure others will do so but you're looking to the wrong person for one at the moment.

Besides, you aren't even a real Syracuse fan.

wink.png