New Progression Server confirmed

Eonan

Doer of Things
Yea anyone who's white knighting MM is just a fucking shill. They've been toying around with the Sky rotations since we first implemented the non GM enforced ones using the methods Zaide listed above. Could give two shits if their entire guild got perma-banned for it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm surprised they went through with the guild suspension thing at all. I mean, they said those were the consequences, but I don't think anyone believed it'd actually happen for a second.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Yea anyone who's white knighting MM is just a fucking shill. They've been toying around with the Sky rotations since we first implemented the non GM enforced ones using the methods Zaide listed above. Could give two shits if their entire guild got perma-banned for it.
Me too. Really wish they got banned. So tired of them playing the victim while doing tons of shady crap.

Titan_sl

shitlord
So a petition goes out to get someone to remove this guy from the zone. DBG goes on to suspend their whole guild. Note that with suspensions you don't get kicked off, so they can remain in game and active if they don't log.
y.
This is false btw. When the suspensions went out for Apok's MQ targeted CT And us Rushing it. Everyone that was online that got suspended, were all kicked at the same time. Logged back in with suspensions. Maybe for a few minutes(Until char save or something), but you don't get to stay online for sure.

Edit: I Stand corrected. We got instant kicked, MM Didn't. Weird.

On another note, i'm glad that Holly/Roshen are fixing the mass suspension for one person fucking up. Can you imagine how easy it would actually be to plant someone in another guild? Suspensions should only go out if an actual force(See: What CAF did to Vox, or Apok trying to kill CT an hour into RoE's rotation) is there. Anything under like 25-30 people should be dealt with individually.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
EverQuest: A first person MMORTS.

Body is ready for some kind of limited boxing/no box.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This is false btw. When the suspensions went out for Apok's MQ targeted CT And us Rushing it. Everyone that was online that got suspended, were all kicked at the same time. Logged back in with suspensions. Maybe for a few minutes(Until char save or something), but you don't get to stay online for sure.

Edit: I Stand corrected. We got instant kicked, MM Didn't. Weird.
It might have to do with the length of the suspension? MM were given 3 day suspensions, the raid mob suspensions were 7 days right?

It's awesome how salty people are over this. I especially like the posts on the forums saying that Roshen is in our guild. I guess you're bound to get mad when one six boxer clearing trash in Plane of Sky get's two guilds suspended (a lot of Fippy players got hit from playing on both servers.)

GM Enforced Rotation + Stupid Rules = Stupid Results

This is not the last time a guild will experience something like this. Mark my words!

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Wow. This letter Dima (leader of Modest Man/Citizen) sent to Roshen regarding the drama yesterday with Sky. Can Dima breath without lying to or manipulating someone? He wants Faceless punished for not going through neutral mediation over this. Maybe it's just me, but it's one thing if a guild goes past their allotted raid window to kill a mob. But when you have someone in Sky on another guild's day clearing quest/key drop mobs, quick action needs to be taken to remove him from Sky before he screws up the progression of the zone. Nobody is going to wait hours or days for leaders to meet up and discuss how to handle the situation. And as I understand it, that's all officers intended with the petition, was to have him removed from Sky quickly. Not ban the entire guild immediately.

Here is his letter to Roshen:

Hi friends, Gulfein (aka Dima) here, leader of Modest Man.
I was originally going to post this on the live forum, Roshen locked the thread, and as promised, the goods will be delivered here. We've currently got a private conversation going with all the guildleaders, some officers, and Roshen in regards to this matter.

Please note, that this is not a threat. This is not a general hate towards Faceless. This is our story, with cold, hard facts.
First, as many of you know, from the OP's post, my guild received a guildwide suspension based on one or more petitions from Faceless, as a result of one of our members killing one or more fairies on island one in Plane of Sky. This suspension was lifted within an hour or two of going out, if not sooner.
I wasn't on for the majority of the day today. As many of you know, I generally leave my characters AFK with the tag up.
This should never have happened. In addition, this should have never escalated to this level of GM intervention.

I believe this member in question killed two fairies. This member was also being watched by a senior officer in Faceless, as shown in this video.
In the same scenario, if it was my sky day and a member of any guild, Faceless or otherwise, was killing my faeries, I'd do everything in good faith to let them know they are breaking the rotation. If an honest mistake was made, as it appears this ex member made (with his ultimate apology here), I wouldn't care.
Unfortunately, Faceless did not act in good faith during this instance. The only tell I received from Faceless is the following:
[Thu Aug 20 16:41:21 2015] Frosin tells you, 'you should tell your people to not kill shit in sky on our day unless you want to be removed from the sky rotation' [Thu Aug 20 16:41:22 2015] You told Frosin, 'Sorry, I am A.F.K. (Away From Keyboard) right now.'
The very same senior officer, posted that video less than an hour after that tell.

The only further communication that was made from anyone was one of my officers, Qflexx, confronting Yawgmoth, Faceless' raidleader, in the leadership channel. Yawgmoth responded, citing he was waiting for GMs to address the issue. Darth, Faceless' guildleader, specifically mentioned that the leaders channel was used by his officers to communicate the issue, which is false.

[Thu Aug 20 18:16:18 2015] Qflexx tells leaders:6, 'by the way yawg, you guild taking rush actions ONCE again before even talking to any high officer' [Thu Aug 20 18:16:57 2015] Yawgmoth tells leaders:6, 'modest man has broken the sky rotation, and i await the GMs to come adress the issue'
Faceless has our voice chat information, and at any time, they could have hopped in to clarify what was going on, or talked in the leadership channel to get a hold of one of the officers. They acted in bad faith.

Daybreak Games has stated that based on the information Faceless had submitted, they were under the impression that the Lockjaw guilds ruled against Modest Man. Darth was specifically quoted against himself, citing the following:
Darth said: "If you believe a guild is breaking the rotation, please approach any of the other Guild Leaders in the rotation, and let us handle it on the GL level. If we are unable to reach a solution among ourselves we'll make it public and ask for GM intervention.
Faceless attempted to setup a mediation session after we were suspended, and tried pressured my chief officer to yield a target from our rotation. There was also apparently another non-rotation guild that went up to work on the rest of the faeries, that Faceless also apparently tried to sanction. Darth also stated he will push for GM intervention, with maximum punishment.

This is not the first time Faceless has specifically went against our arbitration clause on the rotation. Only a few short hours after posting the original rotation and with the rollback, we had several characters that had a roster bug, and we could not invite them. This was confirmed with other leaders as a common problem, but Faceless still lobbied on the rotation thread that we should be suspended for having outside assistance.
Faceless once again specifically went against a rule that was agreed on, which sites that the expectation is that a neutral third party is to mediate any disputes before resorting to guide or GM intervention. Unfortunately, this was not followed.

Since this occurrence has unfortunately happened before (not to the level of today's escalation), I am holding Faceless in violation of the rotation terms, specifically line 17, "Guilds are expected and encouraged to use a neutral guild to mediate disputes before resorting to guide or GM intervention."
This is a new low on behalf of Faceless. I'm not sure who petitioned, what was said in those petitions, but terms were violated. If CS was mislead by your petitions to cause them to suspend us, here's to them looking through all of those tickets you submitted and looking for those false claims.
Whatever DBG does with Faceless, is at their discretion here. Faceless abuses this rotation, abused it in the past, and I'm sure will continue to act in bad faith until they are punished.

The sad thing here is, I've personally done nothing but want to see them be successful. It's very sad that Faceless takes every opportunity to attack us.
Here's a pastebin of the leaders discussions in the hours leading to, where Faceless was adamant about their leaders making contact about the matter, when it was only ours making contact after the video was posted.

This particularly stands out:

"Whatever DBG does with Faceless, is at their discretion here. Faceless abuses this rotation, abused it in the past, and I'm sure will continue to act in bad faith until they are punished.

The sad thing here is, I've personally done nothing but want to see them be successful. It's very sad that Faceless takes every opportunity to attack us.
"

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"This is not the first time Faceless has specifically went against our arbitration clause on the rotation."

Eq clearly needs a legal system expansion.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
DBG must see all guilds involved as bickering children. That is really how this stuff comes off. MM with their finger pointing and mom they did it too!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's what they get for offering a classic EQ experience and then throwing dumbass rotations onto us.

Get your popcorn ready, Kunark in less than 3 weeks

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if other folks are aware of this but Holly Windstalker has been having meetings with Lax (MQ2 dev). She's apparently promoting MQ2 as a 'good 3rd party tool for the eq devs and players".

Also claims that they (SoE/DBG) have known for a long time exactly who uses MQ2 and when but they ignore it unless they are playing unattended. (Not sure I believe this one).

DBG and MQ2

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hopefully this will be a small lesson in recruitment for all guilds on these servers. You can never be 100% sure what you're going to get when you invite someone but zerg inviting people you know nothing about is bound to cause trouble at some point.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not sure if other folks are aware of this but Holly Windstalker has been having meetings with Lax (MQ2 dev). She's apparently promoting MQ2 as a 'good 3rd party tool for the eq devs and players".

Also claims that they (SoE/DBG) have known for a long time exactly who uses MQ2 and when but they ignore it unless they are playing unattended. (Not sure I believe this one).

DBG and MQ2
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Considering a lot of people use paid subscriptions for pre-compiled MQ2, thats good business for those places. It would be interesting if everyone had maps, specially in planes like hate and fear where its a bumrush already.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lol @ all the people who were constantly bragging to Ragefire that they transferred away from the drama.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ragefire is actually pretty calm as far as raiding goes now that control was stripped from Apok and turned into a democratic council.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
EverQuest: A first person MMORTS.

Body is ready for some kind of limited boxing/no box.
For someone that just kind of casually checks in on this thread to read the drama, what's the deal with this? Are they actually releasing a no box server?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

DBG and MQ2
Fuck that shit if its true. Guess that's what I get for never using 3rd party bullshit.