NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what are we expecting Josh Gordon's suspension to be reduced to? I picked him up in my 2 leagues, and I know at least 1 person wants to trade me something for him. I can't decide what I should be looking for as a fair trade because I have no idea when he realistically might play.
10 games.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Spanking is one thing, but you can't leave marks like that on a 4 year old. That's fucked up. If my kid came back from a babysitter/relative/ex looking like that I would be furious.

I'm so sick of this shit though, I want to hear about fucking football. Goodell probably needs about one more of these incidents before he fires himself just so he doesn't have to deal with this shit.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spanking is one thing, but you can't leave marks like that on a 4 year old. That's fucked up. If my kid came back from a babysitter/relative/ex looking like that I would be furious.

I'm so sick of this shit though, I want to hear about fucking football. Goodell probably needs about one more of these incidents before he fires himself just so he doesn't have to deal with this shit.
If your wife did that to your kid, would you report her to the police?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Probably not, but if my ex did I might, and I would tell my wife that that shit doesn't fly.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably not, but if my ex did I might, and I would tell my wife that that shit doesn't fly.
I guess I should have rephrased that. If the kid's mother did that, would you report her to the police? Shit just doesn't make sense.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't think AD has any malicious intent. If you want to punish him then send him to counseling or fine him and have the money put in a trust fund that he and his ex can't touch for the kid. Instead they are going to take a substantial amount of money away from him that will directly effect the kid. Now this is going to turn into a SJW crusade against Corporal punishment.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This may sound mean, but do you really need to take the kid to a doctor for something like that? Especially knowing how doctors MUST report anything they think suspicious. Antibacterial med, some Vaseline...move on.

I'm curious to how old you folk that are outraged over giving a four year old a whippin' even with the broken skin. That's what comes from a switch!

I once walked to the corner store when I was 5. A block away? My grandmother beat from the store to the house. My black ass NEVER went to the store without a grownup after that. Lesson learned from that beating!

This is such a non issue IMO.

Rice needs to call AP and fuckin apologize.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
The local news is reporting the 4 year old, scratched another kid in the face, pushed another one off a bike, and was smothering another one with a pillow before Adrian Peterson resorted to discipline. They also showed text messages between the boys mother and AP, discussing how the child isn't responding to discipline and continues to act out against other children.

Although the incident happened in May and I believe reports are saying the NFL was already aware of the pending investigation, it will be interesting to see what type of punishment he will be given.

Adrian Peterson missing 6-7 games, could be a pretty large blow to his legacy, as he is the only running back in the league with a realistic chance of being compared to Sanders and Brown when all is said and done.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The local news is reporting the 4 year old, scratched another kid in the face, pushed another one off a bike, and was smothering another one with a pillow before Adrian Peterson resorted to discipline. They also showed text messages between the boys mother and AP, discussing how the child isn't responding to discipline and continues to act out against other children.
I think the whole thing is fucking retarded, but the SJW argument is setup perfectly here. They'll just blame the kid's violence on AP's disciplinary style.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, essentially, he was a little shit that didn't get his ass whipped enough.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So he is doing his job.

DRZ1rou.gif

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure his actions lie somewhere between Dad of the Year and Filicidal Maniac. Let's not throw him in jail just yet.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
He said he was doing what was done to him as a kid. I don't think he meant any harm, he just got carried away a bit and let's face it, the dude probably doesn't have a lot of parenting experience. I think what he did was wrong, but if it's a one time thing then I don't think he really needs to do any jail time or miss most of the NFL season over it. It sounds like he already realized that it was a mistake.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Really sad to see AP do the right thing and our shitty society is going to try and eat him alive. Did he go overboard a bit? Sure, but the kid was beyond minor acting out. Of course, evidence from a research project said it causes society to implode into barbarism. This means that physical punishment is unacceptable now. So, anyone else happy to see the Steelers get some shitty calls for once? As much as I hate Pittsburgh, that was a horrible game to watch. Glad my job has WiFi as well as TV.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This may sound mean, but do you really need to take the kid to a doctor for something like that? Especially knowing how doctors MUST report anything they think suspicious. Antibacterial med, some Vaseline...move on.

I'm curious to how old you folk that are outraged over giving a four year old a whippin' even with the broken skin. That's what comes from a switch!

I once walked to the corner store when I was 5. A block away? My grandmother beat from the store to the house. My black ass NEVER went to the store without a grownup after that. Lesson learned from that beating!

This is such a non issue IMO.

Rice needs to call AP and fuckin apologize.
I have a teenager, when she was 3 I caught her after she pried the plastic plugs you use to child proof electrical outlets and was about to stick a fork in the outlet. I spanked her hand and was probably excessive, caused a nice bruise but her mother freaked the fuck out and it caused a huge shouting match and I yelled at my daughter and her mother because frankly I was scared and I wanted it to cause a lasting impression on my daughter. It worked, daughter remembers that to this day, it's also the only time I've ever had to spank her.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Kids need an ass whooping now and then. I have zero problems spanking or with a belt or spoon what ever. That being said its not okay to leave that kind of damage on your kid. I don't think it was intended though, he is a very strong guy. Give him some parenting classes and the mandatory therapy everyone gets now days and send him on his way .