NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
Don't worry AP, Reggie Bush has got your back!

rrr_img_76620.jpg
That pic makes it look like Reggie has huge gap in his front teeth.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lets talk about the real match up of the week: Bears and Jets

Im expecting about 600 yards of total offense out of the Bears
And here I was about to make a post about how horrible a matchup this is for MNF. Seriously, does anyone give a shit about this game? Could set a record for lowest MNF ratings in a while.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How many picks does Romo have to get out of the way before he starts playing good?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
And here I was about to make a post about how horrible a matchup this is for MNF. Seriously, does anyone give a shit about this game? Could set a record for lowest MNF ratings in a while.
The only game that could possibly be more important than this in Week 3 is the Denver/Seattle game yesterday

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That Seattle-Denver game was great.

Glad to see the Giants get a win against a second-string RB and no-name QB. Woohoo?

Cousins >>> RGIII, and I've said it for awhile now, and not just because RGIII is black. Down for an avatar bet Elurin? (It would be my first avatar on the "new" site lol)

Leveon Bell is my fantasy savior this year.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you saying the refs didn't fuck the Niners in those two games? Cause they pretty clearly did.

Pretty funny that it's Boldin doing the whining though, when it's his headbutt that drew a legit flag that probably cost the Niners a touchdown.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You mean like being down 21-0 to winning a game this week. Romo is clearly the problem haha
He had 2 TDs, 1 pick and 200 yards. He might not be the problem, but I wouldnt call him the solution either.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Are you saying the refs didn't fuck the Niners in those two games? Cause they pretty clearly did.

Pretty funny that it's Boldin doing the whining though, when it's his headbutt that drew a legit flag that probably cost the Niners a touchdown.
Yeah, it seems like the commentators all seem to agree that those back to back 15 yarders were both bad calls and while the Boldin call was not, it is pussy shit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, that was a nice pass. That prolific Steelers offense is rocking a +1 point differential right now. Impressive as fuck.
You've been a Bengals fan for a long time now so you're probably the best person to ask. How are they going to completely fuck this team up this time? Everything's coming up Cincy, they'll have to try pretty hard but we all know they'll do it. I'm thinking a Dalton knee injury, just for some nostalgia pains.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
With how terrible Campbell looked in garbage time I think a Dalton injury would cripple us. We already lost Geno last year and played without Burfict and Green this year without losing too much of a step. I think once Eifert comes back our offense will roll a tad more cleanly on picking up yards. But it isn't like the Bengals have gone through the early part of this season injury free.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I didn't know if I should put this in the Political Thread or here. Since it was in a Bill Simmons mailbag, I decided to go here.

Q: Who am I?
1. I have lots of raw talent and good intentions but suffer at least two or three major blunders a year

2. My fans had high expectations for me when I took over but I have disappointed them for the past six years.

3. There are large factions of people that hate me (especially in Texas)

4. The media loves to criticize me while taking tons of cheap shots.

5. I may have checked out for the year

6. Because of my contract my team is stuck with me for two more years.

Am I ..

A. Tony Romo
B. Barack Obama
-Dan S., Miami
NFL Week 3: Peterson, Picks, and the All-Outrage Mailbag

I didn't know Sutkeh wrote in to Bill Simmons.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You've been a Bengals fan for a long time now so you're probably the best person to ask. How are they going to completely fuck this team up this time? Everything's coming up Cincy, they'll have to try pretty hard but we all know they'll do it. I'm thinking a Dalton knee injury, just for some nostalgia pains.
It's just going to be coaching nonsense. The early bye week will hurt us. We'll come out of the bye week losing four straight. Followed by winning six straight. Sitting at 9-4, we only have to win one more game to lock up the division. We then lose the final two games - including a loss at Pittsburgh that causes them to simultaneously knock us out while clinching the final wild card spot. Playoffs are missed and the organization never recovers mentally. Another 10 year streak of sadness begins. Bengals fans in 2025 will think back to the days of "at least we made playoffs" with great fondness while also cursing Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
IDK we're finally blowing out inferior teams instead of making games out of them. I'm going to hold onto hope that it means some of the coaching follies are behind us.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dalton will mess it up all by himself in January.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I don't want to make excuses for the 49ers, because they clearly have a ton of issues. But many of the flags in the past 2 weeks were completely wrong, and at times game changing. Like the holding call on Boldin on Gore's 54 yard TD run, when the replay showed there was clearly no hold. And then the 2 back to back calls yesterday that kept a drive going.

I will re-iterate, the 49ers are still beating themselves. Some of those flags were legit and just poor decision making by the 49ers. Top it off with some seriously questionable play calling and they are facing a huge uphill battle this year.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Niner fans are actually right on this one. The world is out to get them and they're the only team to have bad calls go against them.

I fully expect an asterisk placed next to all their losses this year.