NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I actually question the play calling more than anything.

Per ESPN Stats & Info, the 49ers only ran the ball by design 18 times, and just five times in 27 plays after halftime. Gore's last touch came at 14:23 of the third quarter.

It was the third-lowest designed-rush percentage (28.6 percent) by the Niners with Colin Kaepernick at quarterback. The others -- 25 percent against the New York Giants and 25 percent against the Seattle Seahawks -- came in 2012.

The 49ers lost all three of those games by a combined 91-30.
Just not sure why they have decided to totally abandon the run game.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
IDK we're finally blowing out inferior teams instead of making games out of them. I'm going to hold onto hope that it means some of the coaching follies are behind us.
Yeah, I think we're actually a really good team this year. After the past three years, there's no reason to believe that we aren't. Hue Jackson has been a monster in calling plays. Excellent game plans. Looking at the stats yesterday, it looks like we shouldn't have even won. Titans had more yards per carry, more total yards, and ran more plays. They just had what used to be the classic Bengals mistakes - turnovers, penalties within their own end zone resulting in a safety, lost their composure. Dalton didn't have to do much besides hand the ball off.

The stretch of NE, Indy, Carolina and Baltimore after the bye week will be very telling. If we get through that stretch with only one loss, a lot of blood will be rushing to my penis.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think the Jets have very little on offense and Geno Smith is very erratic. If we can get solid production out of Cutler tonight I think the Bears should win.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
This. I didn't think it needed explaining, but I guess I overestimated the intelligence of some people.
Rewatch the play then because the flag is thrown before Brees hit the ground.

As a saints fan I thought initially the call was kind of bs because it did look like a flag wasn't thrown until Brees' got up angry. With the way he reacted I thought the defender got a nut shot in or a finger to his eye or something so I was surprised at the call at first. But after seeing the replay, you can see where/when the official throws the flag and it was a good call, if you're calling the game as per today's nfl standards.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Niner fans are actually right on this one. The world is out to get them and they're the only team to have bad calls go against them.

I fully expect an asterisk placed next to all their losses this year.
The problem isn't one team getting screwed and another team not. The problem is the amount of wrong calls, and the huge impact they have on the results of a game, are making the game tough to watch.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The problem isn't one team getting screwed and another team not. The problem is the amount of wrong calls, and the huge impact they have on the results of a game, are making the game tough to watch.
Colts had those two terrible calls late in the 4th quarter screw them out of a win against the Eagles last week. The Jets OC being granted a timeout negating a TD against the Packers. The Seahawk getting away with an obvious encroachment late against the Broncos.

The point is believing the 49ers are somehow special and the only team that deals with bad calls is why people don't like 49er fans

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Colts had those two terrible calls late in the 4th quarter screw them out of a win against the Eagles last week. The Jets OC being granted a timeout negating a TD against the Packers. The Seahawk getting away with an obvious encroachment late against the Broncos.

The point is believing the 49ers are somehow special and the only team that deals with bad calls is why people don't like 49er fans
Point to a poster here who said it is only the 49ers who are dealing with it.

Edit: I could be wrong, but reading back through the numerous posts as the games are going on seems to be a lot of complaining about penalties in general. We just happened to be responding to a post that had a story of Boldin putting it on the refs.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Seahawks got a free TD against the Chargers, though it did not screw the Chargers over luckily. Plenty of screw ups by the refs hitting everyone.

Column_sl

shitlord
Our defense sucks. Look how high scoring all the games are

Which honestly might not be that damning in the current state of the NFL. Even with an amazing defense, the way the new rules are you can still not live up to it's full potential due to the penalties

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I sure wish they'd told me that before I started Gore. Jezus tits.
Yeah, I would stop playing Gore all together if I was you. I think they are going to start using Hyde more and more near the goal line anyways

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They need to do what Belichick said and just be able to challenge everything that's not a judgement call. You still only get 2 challenges per half so I don't really see much of a downside

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just not sure why they have decided to totally abandon the run game.
I'm not sure either but if I had to guess I would say it's because Jonathan Martin blows ass. The O-line has been shit all year and the only reason that we have any offense at all is because Kaep can run the ball and complete passes with a couple linebackers chasing him around in the backfield.